It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Was/is Graceland haunted?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:45 am 
Dragon

I've just been reading "Inside Graceland: Elvis' maid remembers" by Nancy Rooks. Nancy was first a maid and then a cook at Graceland from 1967 until well after Elvis's death.

In the penultimate chapter of her book, Nancy Rooks talks about unnerving happenings which other staff also reported. The maids working at Graceland believed that the house was haunted by Gladys. Minnie Mae, too, believed that it was Glady's spirit inhabiting the mansion, making sure that Elvis was being taken care of properly.

According to Nancy, after Elvis' death, stranger events occurred. She heard the door leading into the laundry room slam shut for no apparent reason. She went to see if anyone was there, but the room was empty. Aunt Delta had heard the door slam buy seen no-one coming up the stairs.

A month or so later, Nancy lay down in the trophy room feeling dizzy. She felt someone pulling at her foot, but there was no-one there.

On more than one occasion in the trophy room, the lights in one or more of the trophy cases would suddenly go on and off again. The front doorbell would ring at night, but there would be no-one there. Other times, she says, the light in the kitchen would start swaying back and forth, also for no apparent reason.

Rationally explainable or spooky?

Food for thought - Susan M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:20 pm 
[b] I have also heard that Gladys Spirit is at GraceLand, and I do think Elvis is to. Barbara Lea!

Last edited by Barbara Lea on Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:24 pm 
Site Admin

I really don't think they "haunt" Graceland as that implies that can't (or think they can't) leave it. For Elvis and Gladys at least, I think they just come to visit! You ain't gonna keep Elvis tied down...he would be zipping all through the "Seven Heavens!" And he would take his Mama with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:26 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
You ain't gonna keep Elvis tied down...he would be zipping all through the "Seven Heavens!" And he would take his Mama with him.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:53 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

helleu helleu,

I believe too there is no El'vis or Gladys spirit in Graceland. If it is so that strange things happen overthere perhaps it has to do with the person who experiences these events?
I don't know why but i have the feeling it has to do with things before El'vis.

xkirabell,x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:31 am 
Pharaoah

I turly believe that galdys and elvis have never left graceland. There spirit will always there. I have had alot of strange things happen to me when l was young with the ghosts and such, there more out there that meets the eye. Ghosts are out there, just becasue you can't see them doesn't mean they don't exist. I have read that book to inside graceland, and l think elvis is just letting people know that he still there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:17 am 
Owl

I don't know that I would call it haunted but Elvis is for sure still there. As someone mentioned, you can't keep Elvis away from Graceland. And where Elvis is, you will also find his mother. They do visit, I believe, to keep in touch with those of us who love him (and her) dearly. If she meant that much to him, then she means that much to me. But I can feel Elvis as soon as I lay eyes on Graceland. Lisa Marie said once you could feel his presence as soon as you drove up the drive-way. It's unmistakable and he's still there. I don't believe, however, that he or Gladys are stuck here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 11:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I agree with you very much, Sue-Lorena!!!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]