It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elvis Presley : Hero With A Thousand Faces
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

Susan MacDougall (ELC Forums member "Susan") wrote this great article:

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/spotlight_herowiththousandfaces.html

Even though Susan quotes me as saying Elvis failed to complete his mission (not sure I really intended to convey that in my "archetypes" chapter of Blue Star Love), I DO feel that Elvis achieved an important measure of his life purpose through his life AND death.
Elvis the Archetype on ELC:

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/signsymbwonders/archetype.html

I added a page (was working on researching this when I found Susan's article):

http://www.elvislightedcandle.org/signsymbwonders/statues.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

Susan sent me a link to another article she wrote:

http://www.elvicities.com/~epresearch/celebrityworship.html

It is very well written in my opinion and very scholarly. Also very objective...not written for fans, but for the world "out there".

In the article, she writes about Princess Diana as well as Elvis. I have always felt that of anyone else on the planet, Diana was more like Elvis and heart and soul and what she gave of herself to humanity. She was also "crucified" as was he. I think they were kindred souls of some kind and would have been close and enduring friends had the opportunity arisen. I imagine they might have tried an intimate relationship, but I think that both would have agreed friendship worked better for them, as they were too much alike for a personal partnership. This is just my opinion, of course.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:07 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Sue!

While re-reading it, links included, I could not help thinking that time has helped me to understand how Elvis might have fulfilled his last lifetime mission's in some open and hidden ways.

From my precarious awareness, I see LOVE as the first step of LIGHT's expression. I see it as an energy field where all that IS, can BE. From that same precarious point of view, I believe that in this realm we are intended to grow to being aware of Being and expressing OUR BEING in order to harmonize with ONENESS. (It's something like stablishing a bridge that passes by our Heart's centre, between "Above" and "Here"). The more human beings reach that point, the soonner ALL humankind will ascend to a higher vibrational level, where to be atunned, harmonized with Totality.

Elvis came and spreaded LOVE around and inside, (here I visualize the cross figure: horizontal and vertical) creating the condition for others (millions, in fact) to resonate with it, awakening their own Love's vibration. Its waves are still expanding. What else can be asked from one single person?

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:55 am 
Owl

WOW AMANDA!!!!!! You sure hit the nail on the head with that one. Goodness gracious. He has always helped me achieve a higher level of Being. That is his gift to all of us, like you said. He makes us aware of our own potential in this Universe and he helps us reach it to the fullest.

And I totally agree a thousand percent about Princess Di and Elvis. They would have been two peas in a pod. I have always thought Di did the same thing Elvis did: raise the consciousness of Humanity. I believe they are kindred spirits, absolutely. Diana just blew me away with her love and compassion from the time I watched her wedding to her funeral to right now. I know she wasn't perfect; who is? But she turned those other royals on their ear! And I adore her startlingly handsome sons. That William is his mother made over. And Harry has such spirit, not to mention good looks, as well. I'm glad someone mentioned EP and Di. I like to think EP helped her with her transition to the Other Side. It just seems like something he would do especially for her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm so glad you share my point of view, dear friend, as well as I share yours. :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

AMEN!!! :D Thanks so much Maia for all of the fascinating links you provided. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Reading this thread again, a reflexion comes to my mind:

Each one of us has an Elvis or a Diana inside. The potential is there. Someplace in the scale of our evolution (if we take apart Time), we already ARE a BEING of Light and Love. We have only to bring HERE and NOW the expression of it. Easy, is it not? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:01 pm 
Site Admin

MOST DEFINITELY Amanda!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:01 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Each one of us has an Elvis or a Diana inside. The potential is there. Someplace in the scale of our evolution (if we take apart Time), we already ARE a BEING of Light and Love. We have only to bring HERE and NOW the expression of it. Easy, is it not?

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]