It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Just Pretend
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:35 am 

Hi all I havent posted too much lately. My husband is in the Coast Guard and we have recently moved to Kodiak,AK! So alot has been going on. ANyway something happened tonight I had to share.

July 20th sometime after 10pm

I had been reading a book by Sandi Pichon called Raised on ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS! I had just read a part where she talks of meeting him for the first time on Audabon drive at the age of 12. he description she gave and the words she used made me feel as though I was there and it hit me so hard I began to cry. Well after that I decided to take a hot bath. I was really relaxed and decided I wanted to "tell" Elvis what he has ment to me over the yrs and how much a part of my life he has been. I had turned on my mp3 player before getting in the tub and was playing it through my stereo. When I was "talking" to Elvis Moody Blue was on. As I sat back and relaxed a little more I asked Elvis to give me some sort of "sign" he heard me. I then started to feel warm and the candle started to flicker. About that time Just Pretend came on. Which is my all time favorite song. To me it says what Elvis would say to his fans now...."Just Pretend Im holding you and whispering things soft and low" About that time I got a huge grin on my face and opened my eyes. I got out to see if the heater had came on and thats why I was warm but it wasnt. So I back in and began to tell Elvis that I will consider the song my sign. Then I started to doubt the "sign" and said to myself well that was just the next song it didnt mean anything. Well around that time I got the chills. I got out of the tub and went to check my MP3 player to see if that was the next song. It was and then I flipped throught the songs to 3 or 4 after that looking for a song. Then the battery died. Wel I had just replaced it a few days ago and hadnt used it since. I have heard that when a "spirit" is present that it drains things such as battery so it can manefest a sign. Well anyway before it died the words got jumbled and weird(it never does that). I replaced the battery and turned it back on. It always even when you replace the battery goes back to the song it was last on. Which in this case was Unchained Melody. Well when I turned it on it was on....JUST PRETEND! I smiled a HUGE smile and said thanks Elvis!

So what do you think? Can I count it a a sign?

When I really think of advice Elvis gave me, I learned more from how he lived. He was a very powerful man who did not hurt people with that. - Jerry Schilling said that to me in referance to a question i posted in an online chat hosted by EPE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:22 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

TXwoman4, it seems like a sign to me! Ever read Elvis After Life by Raymond A. Moody? There have been many people who have experienced mysterious signs from Elvis after his death. And we all know how much he loved his fans, and I believed that love for his fans continued after his death.

Just Pretend is also one of my favorite Elvis songs as well! And I think it's an underrated one. Very rarely is it included in Elvis love song albums and don't know why that is. Lisa Marie, in an interview wtih Ken Sharp, also mentions her affection for that song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:47 am 
Site Admin

I would definitely take it as a sign too and like Laurie said Elvis loved his fans so very much during his lifetime and I feel that this love continues on and that he shows it whenever and wherever it is needed. :D Thank you for sharing this beautiful experience with us TXWOMAN4. :D I too love the song Just Pretend and always feel like he was trying to let people know that he will always be "right by their(your) side". :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:18 am 

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I was so moved by the experience. I have had a few other suttle things happen but this one was "right in my face" so to speak. :shock:

When I really think of advice Elvis gave me, I learned more from how he lived. He was a very powerful man who did not hurt people with that. - Jerry Schilling said that to me in referance to a question i posted in an online chat hosted by EPE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:42 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2SNfIiGsLw :wink:

THERE are NO COINCIDENCES... my dear Friend... I´m happy to read your story... MAKES MY HEART SING...
Can you please give us your first name, dear TXWOMAN... It´s easier for us to communicate... but only if you want to give your name, ofcourse... :oops:
And For sure you can count that as a SIGN :D :D and more to come I BELIEVE :wink:

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:11 pm 

Ka´rala wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2SNfIiGsLw :wink:

THERE are NO COINCIDENCES... my dear Friend... I´m happy to read your story... MAKES MY HEART SING...
Can you please give us your first name, dear TXWOMAN... It´s easier for us to communicate... but only if you want to give your name, ofcourse... :oops:
And For sure you can count that as a SIGN :D :D and more to come I BELIEVE :wink:

SURE THING MY NAME IS MARY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:36 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Mary, for letting us know your name and for telling such an especial experience. :)

If I were you, I'd take it as a real sign of communication between you and Elvis. To me the message is clear: he is signalling he didn't go to any place far away from us. He is HERE, just behing the veil. It's up to us to be able to feel him when there's need. And when there it is, then we probably make it possible for that veil to open a little to feel there's not separation. (I believe the veil is only our range of perception).

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:P :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

The key is believing, I think. I had kind of lost that until I walked into my little living room and was nearly over come be the smell of cigar smoke! And no one smokes on this hillside and we don't have any neighbors close enough to have their smoke blow into my house-especially since no windows or doors were even open!
Then there is that scent he had about him all the time-
different, subtle and yet unforgetable. Too bad it can't be bought and sold but it was made especially for him and I guess was destroyed when he died as per the agreement that he said was part of having your own personal fragrance designed just for you based on your body chemistry. He never did explain what they did to find out his body chemistry? Would it be a sample of "sweat" as I've heard that can be used and we are all unique in that sense-no two people "smell exactly the same" according to scientists/researchers at least I heard that back in the 70's... It sounds reasonable to me since we all are different dna and in what we eat which influences that as well. Curious really.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]