It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: NDH
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:00 am 
Sun Dial

Near experience death, have you ever heard about this phenomenon, and what do think about it ? I'm not afraid of dying, and I really believe in after life.

"For we know that when this tent we live in now is taken down... when we die
and leave these bodies...we will have wonderful new bodies in Heaven, homes
that will be ours for evermore, made for us by God Himself, without human hands."
II Corinthians 5:1 (Living Bible)
Scriptural parallel.

After being stoned to death in Lystra by the furious mob who resented his ministry and miracles, Saint Paul was snatched from his broken body up into Paradise before being replaced into the repaired frame a few minutes later. Saint Paul speaks of a visit to Heaven.
"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities." II Corinthians 12:2-5 (KJV).

A Scientist who had a near death experience:

Joyce Hawkes, a cell biologist with a PhD, had an accident that forever changed her life — and her view of science. She suffered a concussion from a falling window. "I think that part of me — that my spirit, my soul — left my body and went to another reality," she said. She was surprised at the experience.

"It just was not part of the paradigm in which I lived as a scientist," Hawkes recalled. "it was a big surprise to me to have this sense of something different than the body — a consciousness different than the body — and to be in this wonderfully healing, peaceful, nurturing place."

"I think what I learned was that there truly is no death, that there is a change in state from a physical form to a spirit form, and that there's nothing to fear about that passage," she said.

Some Near Death Questions that scientists need to grapple with:
Numerous people have had Near Death Experiences after their hearts stopped, or they have stopped breathing; and 10 seconds later the EEG (measure of brain electrical activity) - goes absolutely "flat". If so, how can any scientist say that this NDE is a conscious experience? Also, there have been numerous blind people (blind from birth) who reported Near Death Experiences. And for most of these their NDE's are "visual" experiences. How can these be? It is thought that over 10 million Americans have had Near Death Experiences. Why do "scientists" not study these more? These are not drug induced hallucinations. How can so many people report nearly the same details in their experience if they were due to drugs chemically acting on brain cells? Most people who undergo NDE's say that they are not "dream-like" events, but instead, very real and structured "visits". Also, for most people, an NDE is a "life changing" experience

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

I've been technically "dead" and out of body and it was wonderful. I did not want to go back once I discovered and realized that the person whose body was violently thrashing on the gurney in a corner with all the quipment and people franticaly doing things -was mine! When I was like thrown back into that body that had suddenly become still in death-death isn't still-it's vilolent more than the "movies show you!" and the body fights to stay alive-even when the spirit is gone from it! I was surprised to learn that part and it was painful being thrown back into that body that began to fight even more as I went back. I heard and saw everything going on in the operating rooms that adjoined and had one big ceiling with tall walls making the rooms-I was above the walls, looking down on the outside recovery and Code Blue areas-where my body was-and I told the nurses what I heard-they were floored and some looked scared and another was very interested as she had heard so many such stories and then had experienced it herself!
Anyway, I want that peaceful feeling, that being so apart and having no cares or pains or worries-I was curious and watching, listening and had not care one-until I realized that body was mine and had to return. I didn't want to go-maybe that was why it hurt? Anyway, I am a firm believer and know lots of people who are the same. Elvis also had such an experince and he was a firm believer too. Had no fear of death-how great that is! Thanks for posting all that. I hope many people will understand and have calmer thoughts about that crossing. It's a good thing when it's your time to go. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:19 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda, thanks for describing your experience. I have read many such stories similar and I think you are blessed having had that experience! You KNOW it!!

Kenya, the picture you posted is so beautiful!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:18 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

What a fascinating topic. Here is a resource link for NDE's.

http://www.near-death.com/

Quote:
Elvis also had such an experince and he was a firm believer too.
Thank you Wanda for sharing your experience with us. Will you please tell us more about Elvis' near death experience?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

He must have had more than one similar experience but only spoke of one that was when he had the tooth taken out of his lungs-he said that he was given something that didn't work well for him and he went into a type of shock and was dying-and he said he floated off, saw himself with them around him "doin' things" and then he was with his mother in a beautiful place-he said the music he heard was so sweet, it filled his head up and then his mother was there, and one of his dogs came running and jumped into his arms, kissing him all over his face in joy. He didn't want to leave, he wanted to stay and his mom was going to take him to see his grandfather and I think he said to where his brother was but then she stopped, took hold of his arm and turned him back and said it wasn't time, he had to return and he didn't want to and she said, she would come for him when it was time but he had to go back. He said he came back "hard" and then was coughing alot and it was all over-they got the tooth (the cap off one of his front teeth that he had accidently enhaled on a movie set) I think he said. And another time he had a high fever and the flu and was "delerious" they told him, "but an angel came and stood doin' chants and sprinklin' me with somethin' like herbs" he said he could smell them. And it was a blond haired dark skinned woman who was surrounded in "glory, light glory" as he put it. But I don't know when that was-anyway, he believed she was his guardian angel and he thought they were "related someway" but he didn't know how exactly. He said he felt his mother near him at times, touching him and that she was present with him when he needed her and that he "knew she was with him too". I think he thought of her as his guardian angel as well. And the lights going off in Graceland when he called her name-not just once but each time he did it must have convinced anyone! And then in Linda T's friend's book (which I have read and it's worth getting for the story of Elvis and Linda meeting and so forth though the pictures are not new of Elvis except maybe those of him, Linda & her friend etc:) Linda tells that when she learned of Elvis' death all the electricity in her apartment in LA went out and she had to pack in the dark etc:. Then there was that tree limb that broke and fell on the front of the car Ginger was riding in...an omen or a "Hello, I'm still here! I told you!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:24 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

that tooth cap was in Jailhouse rock's set wasn't it?...

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:02 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Lighthouseseeker wrote:
that tooth cap was in Jailhouse rock's set wasn't it?...

Yes, it was, Zey-Zia.

I'm so grateful we have the opportunity to know about these extraordinary experiences through you, Wanda, both yours and Elvis'. Thank you very much!

Undoubtelly, Faith and Hope are born from them and easiness to approach death.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:54 am 
Sun Dial

Thank you so much Wanda for sharing your experience, and thank you Laurie for the link, very interesting site...

Here is what I found about people and NDE with elvis:

People having near-death experiences are greeted by someone - usually someone they deeply love or the so-called Being of Light. When Elvis Presley died, it seemed like the whole world mourned. He was truly loved by many people the world over. Since then, many people have reported having Elvis sightings where the spirit of Elvis appears as an apparition to people much in the same way that Jesus appeared to people after his death. Not only this, many near-death experiencers find themselves greeted, not by a Being of Light, but by Elvis Presley. According to Dr. Melvin Morse in his book on near-death experiences entitled Transformed by the Light, a 45-year old Mid-western teacher saw Elvis Presley in an intense light during her near-death experience. The woman had met Elvis when she was a child. The following is her near-death account:

"I entered into a dark tunnel and suddenly I was in a place filled up with love and a beautiful, bright light. The place seemed holy. My father, who had died two years earlier, was there, as were my grandparents. Everyone was happy to see me, but my father told me it was not my time and I would be going back. Just as I turned to go, I caught sight of Elvis! He was standing in this place of intense bright light. He just came over to me, took my hand and said, "Hi, Bev, do you remember me?" (Mauro,1992)

Dr. Raymond Moody wrote an entire book on Elvis sightings, including near-death experiences, entitled Elvis After Life. Because of the large number of devoted Elvis fans, it should not be a surprise that people having NDEs should be greeted by the King.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]