It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:28 pm 
Wanda you posted just before I did so I didn't read your post until now....

THANK YOU! How I love your stories about Elvis! When you mentioned that Elvis and Jesse may have joined forces on stage, I had a little flashback to an old cartoon show...I think it was called Power Twins. The twins were regular people but when they joined fists could turn into anything they wanted....this seems like perhaps a real version of it. I believe that it's certainly believable that Elvis drew strength from Jesse's spiritual presence and that it amplified his own.

Also I like how you explained Elvis's perception of being in a spider. That must've been very scary and left a deep impression...yet it's still remarkable he remembered back that far.

Amazing that your daughter was "pre programmed" for Elvis! :D That's a wonderful story...thank you as always. And I'm glad your mother also "tuned in" to you when you were still inside.

Love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:30 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you so much, Amanda, Trish and Wanda for all your most fascinating comments!!!!!!!! :D

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

I'd like to add my thanks to all of you wonderful ladies too for your very interesting and fascinating insights, comments and thoughts that you have shared here with all of us!! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:59 pm 
I can see how at times it was like Elvis and Jesse were one on Stage, I remember Wanda saying that when Elvis got real nerves he would Stutter a Little. But when he was on Stage he never did, so I do think That Jesse knew how nervous Elvis was and he Helped Elvis when he interacted with his Fans on Stage. :D FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:00 am 
Site Admin

FairyTale wrote:
I can see how at times it was like Elvis and Jesse were one on Stage, I remember Wanda saying that when Elvis got real nerves he would Stutter a Little. But when he was on Stage he never did, so I do think That Jesse knew how nervous Elvis was and he Helped Elvis when he interacted with his Fans on Stage. FairyTale!

That's a great perspective dear FairyTale and I agree with you wholeheartedly my sweet friend!!! :wink: :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:58 pm 
Mari and Sarena you are most welcome for these comments which I have so much fun typing out :D

And I like your observation, Fairytale, that Elvis seemed to have connected with some help in his speaking..maybe it was Jesse's? ...onstage. Love the food for thought! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

When the "live" version of Danny Boy was recorded, Elvis was on stage, late in the last tour he did. He is talking with the audience, then tries to get the band up and playing the song, they can't quite get it together and he begins without them... BUT when he is talking, you will hear him stuttering, he snickers at himself and begins talking again and gets it said without stuttering, but for just a few seconds there, is the "real" guy, shy, trying to "keep it together" while the band sets up the song and finally he just starts to sing...it's not a long thing, but I saw the REAL guy, the guy behind the image in those segements put together for that last October special shown after his death. He was being himself, more than I'd ever seen on stage, and when I hear that piece where he's going to do Danny Boy, it's so real to me, that's Elvis up there...the man, not the image. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:55 am 
Site Admin

Wanda my sweet friend I so agree with you 100% about the "live" version of Danny Boy that Elvis did. :D :D The "real" guy shines through so sweetly here!! :wink: :D :D Truly the heart and soul of the beautiful MAN and not, as you said, the IMAGE!!! :D :D Here is the song of that tender and loving heart and soul for all of you to enjoy my angels!! :D :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwKezCmu0JE :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:35 pm 
Wanda June Hill wrote:
...it's not a long thing, but I saw the REAL guy, the guy behind the image ... He was being himself, more than I'd ever seen on stage, and when I hear that piece where he's going to do Danny Boy, it's so real to me, that's Elvis up there...the man, not the image. wjh

Wanda I'm so grateful you shared this with us. Thank you for pointing out the difference between the real guy and the image.

The other night I was up late after my family went to bed so I put on the '68 Comeback Special. I was a little sad that I couldn't find enough of the real Elvis in there. It seems I get a much better idea of who he was when I read books and spend time here at ELC. When he's performing, it's sublime, but there does seem to be a great difference sometimes between that man singing "Hound Dog" and the one who could heal with the power of his hands and took such tender care of people. I hope that doesn't sound unappreciative of me, I sometimes just get frustrated when I can 't see it all at once.

Mari, I thank you for the second time today for supplying a youtube link so we can hear exactly what Wanda is talking about. I almost cried when I heard this one.

Many, many thanks again to both of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

You are so very welcome dear Trish!!! :wink: :D :D You don't sound unappreciative at all dear angel. :) Elvis just had that wonderful ability to make us want everything all at once and I can understand how you feel when patience needs to come into play. :wink: :) It's ok--I feel the same way too sometimes. :wink: :)

Page 2 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next