It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:03 am 
Thank you for this interesting post, Julie.

I've been thinking about this sort of thing lately: that it seems people are more likely to believe in spirits or life after death after they've lost a loved one. Sometimes, I think people just get an undeniable sense they are still with their departed loved ones, and that seems to be the case with you aunt.

Thanks for sharing! :D
Love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

Golden Sky wrote:
Thank you for this interesting post, Julie.

I've been thinking about this sort of thing lately: that it seems people are more likely to believe in spirits or life after death after they've lost a loved one. Sometimes, I think people just get an undeniable sense they are still with their departed loved ones, and that seems to be the case with you aunt.

Thanks for sharing! :D
Love,
Trish

I say AMEN and agree 100% with what you said here dear Trish! :wink: :) Thank you so much sweet Julie for letting us know how your aunt is doing and for your very interesting post. :wink: :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:26 pm 
Thank You Julie for a very Interesting Post, I have always had an Interest in Spirits and the After Life. To me it seems as though, People now days are becoming ever more aware of the Sprirtual world and that it seems to be getting easier for People after they have Crossed over to the other side to be able to visit their Love Ones. Thanks for Sharing your Story with us! :love: FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

Yes Julie, that is very interesting about your Aunt's "noises" going off etc: because we've had this happen here...only it was in regard to Jimmie's mom who used to come from Okla. to visit every year right up until she was 93 years old-she flew alone too, worried me silly those last years.
Anyway, she seldom gave me gifts but she'd get something now and then and then I bought her a metal art piece, small but it was a metal man playing at a piano-the old stand against a wall kind. You would wind it up and it played a piece that now I don't know what it is. Anyway, the funny thing is, she gave Jimmie one just like it she had bought about the same time I bought hers! That wasn't so unusual as she and I got along well and enjoyed like things most of the time. She preferred to stay longer with us but that was because she had our undivided attention since there was only 3 of us in the household. Anyway after she died just before her 95th birthday, we got back both piano players so I gave one to Julie and kept one for us. It sits on a shelf between the dining room and the kitchen here- For three years that piano begins to play by it's self right about the time she'd be coming to visit- between mid May to Mid June-her birthday was the 2nd of June so she'd be here for that and one of her other son's was June 4th...they celebrated together. I had not wound that piano for months-but it played on it's own and it sits about 6 feet high on a shelf beside a kids old cowboy boot with silk flowers in it. Starla's doesn't play on it's own- just ours. Well it did it last year for the 3rd time and after the big dirt strom we had this year I took everything down and thoroughly cleaned all the crevices. I found a little piece of paper folded up and stuck beneath the little piano and the "man's knees that said, "From Jim & Wanda '74" so we have HERS...Starla has Jimmie's.
Pretty nifty I think...she's saying "Hello...I'm here" and right on schedule too! I'm a believer-fer sure- in things spiritual and a little "unworldly". wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:30 pm 
Wanda, thank you for sharing this story. It was so interesting to read, and I'm glad your mother-in-law expresses herself so artistically to you, with a piano :D

When I think of people communicating after they depart this life, a few little anecdotes come to mind, which I figured I'd post here, in case anyone passes this way and is interested.

1) First, of course, there's Elvis. Of the many, many stories of his activity from the Great Beyond, or wherever he is, I especially love the way it seems that he broke a perfectly healthy limb off a tree as they were carrying his casket out of Graceland. There is no reason the limb should have fallen, and from what I've read, even the most skeptical MM members were forced to consider the possibility that it WAS Elvis, getting their attention in a bold way, just as he said he would.

2) The famous psychologist/author Elizabeth Kubler-Ross did not believe in life after death, and neither did her husband. However, when her husband became terminally ill, they agreed to conduct a sort of experiment to test it out for sure. He agreed to give her a sign from the "other side" that was absolutely unmistakable- something that could never be seen as a mere accident. They lived in Arizona and finally settled on "roses in the snow" as the sign. Well, remarkably, the day of his burial, it snowed (!), and while she was at the cemetery, a florist delivered a dozen red roses to her doorstep. They had been placed on some of the snow, then more snow fell and covered them up a bit. So she came home from the burial to find...yes, exactly, what else?.... roses in the snow on her doorstep. Hmmmmm..... :D

3) My aunt died about 8 months after my father last year. It was hard for me going to the funeral alone (my husband stayed home to watch our children) because I have a huge family, yet none of my brothers or sister or parents (having passed away) were there. And I don't really know anyone else very well. One of my cousins seemed to figure out that I must have been missing my Dad very much just then, so he was especially kind to me, and even sat with me instead of with his closer relatives. He just looked out for me the whole day and acted like a protective brother.

When I got home that afternoon, my husband had taken the kids out, so I was all alone. I was in the play room and noticed the lights blinking overhead. Being as I am :D I figured it was my father. So I said out loud, "Dad, I just want to thank you, if you're the one who put it into my cousin's head to take care of me today. It really meant a lot to me." As soon as I said that, all the electricity in the house shut off, including our noisy air conditioner. It was just dim and perfectly quiet. There was no storm outside, no reason whatsoever for ALL the electricity to go down. So I got a little jittery and said, "Dad?" At which point, everything, all the lights and noise came on again!!

Maybe it was nothing, but I loved when that happened :D

Stay on your toes, folks, we never know when people are going to try and reach us :lol:

Love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:51 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Beautiful stories, all of them, dear friends. :P

Many months ago, I asked my mother to give me a signal when she passed across the veil, to declare I was right in everything I told her about our next experience of Life after this life, very specially of my father and Elvis welcoming her, 'cause I deserved her recognizance. We accorded she would show me a blue rose.

I know I should give her a few days to attune with her new reality, but I'm expecting to have news from her very soon. :wink: :)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:56 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Golden Sky wrote:
As soon as I said that, all the electricity in the house shut off, including our noisy air conditioner. It was just dim and perfectly quiet. There was no storm outside, no reason whatsoever for ALL the electricity to go down. So I got a little jittery and said, "Dad?" At which point, everything, all the lights and noise came on again!!

Your story Trish reminds me of Linda Thompson's story of how the electricity in her apartment went out when Elvis died. There was no logical reason for it. All the other apartments around hers had power. By the way, a good book for Elvis/Graceland paranormal stories is Inside Graceland by Nancy Rooks. The paranomal part is just a small part of the book, but I found the stories so interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:36 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you all for your beautifull stories :D :D
They make my heart sing, sweet Ladies :D :D
... and Amanda, please keep us updated about your precious Mother :D :D I feel excited about hearing from her through YOU :D :D

When the Rose is truly blue :D :D

I see brilliant colors everywhere I look,
and I feel as if I'm dreaming.
But the air I breathe smells clean and pure,
and sweet like dew drops gleaming
on the early morning blades of grass,
and the flowers as they 'waken.
I see glitter dancing all around me
and I realize as I'm shaken,
that it's just the sunbeams bouncing off the drops
of moisture in the air.
I hear laughter and I feel the thoughts