It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: ELVIS - THE "SPIRIT MAN" class essay
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

(I received this after the hardback came out in 70's and am including it in Face to Face- This young man "saw" right away that Elvis was spiritually special-And wrote his thoughts for which he received an A grade.

Elvis, the "SPIRIT MAN", BY Will Gonzales, age 8, 3rd grade, 1970"s

"My mom and dad took me to Las Vegas to see Elvis, who's my best singer and movie guy to see. The biggest hotel room was full, we sat in the half way room and had a good picture of the stage. It was loud when a group of girls sang. My ears hurt and a man group came out and yelled a lot singing so my head was hurting but then a man came out and told funny jokes but my ears were shut up and I didn't hear. We waited for hours and then the lights ran across the curtain and drums came on with loud music, the curtain split open and everyone was on stage but not Elvis. Then he came out and it was slowed down and he walked proud, like Indian Chiefs. My mom said he is so handsome, oh my god, and I said, he is a god-look at him! Does he have lights on his clothes? She said he just glows and they look like lights are on. And my dad said it's the spotlights doing it, but I know it was not that. It was Elvis' insides glowing because he is God's Spirit Man."

Post subject: Re: ELVIS - THE "SPIRIT MAN" class essay
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
And my dad said it's the spotlights doing it, but I know it was not that. It was Elvis' insides glowing because he is God's Spirit Man."

Out of the mouth of babes . . .
Children are usually more in tune with the spirit world than adults due to the way our society dismisses intuition as we get older. Through our institutions, in time we learn to supress & ignore our indwelling spirit. But children still have that connection as this child reveals. He was able to see more truth than his father. A short but powerful piece. I'm glad you're putting it in F2F, Wanda.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:43 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

AMEN to your words, Laurie, and Wanda, thank you so much for posting that wonderful story!!!!!!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:57 pm 
:D Yes indeed, out of the Mouth of Babes. He was able to see the Light of the Spirit glowing from Elvis, what a Sight that must have been. Great Story Wanda! FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:27 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Then he came out and it was slowed down and he walked proud, like Indian Chiefs. My mom said he is so handsome, oh my god, and I said, he is a god-look at him! Does he have lights on his clothes? She said he just glows and they look like lights are on. And my dad said it's the spotlights doing it, but I know it was not that. It was Elvis' insides glowing because he is God's Spirit Man."

Truth, coming out from a child lips, is one of the most touching things... maybe because it seems to speak about some "lost paradise" to us, a dimension where we were certain of the nature of things and where we could relate directly with it without distortions... :roll: :cry:

This story has touched me. THANK YOU for bringing it here, Wanda. Sure hope everybody would have, here and now, a so clear sight like the one that young man had! :)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:07 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amen to that Sue!! :D :D

Thank you very much Wanda for sharing this with us!! :D :D

Talia

Post subject: Re: ELVIS - THE "SPIRIT MAN" class essay
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Blue Moon wrote:
Wanda June Hill wrote:
And my dad said it's the spotlights doing it, but I know it was not that. It was Elvis' insides glowing because he is God's Spirit Man."

Out of the mouth of babes . . .
Children are usually more in tune with the spirit world than adults due to the way our society dismisses intuition as we get older. Through our institutions, in time we learn to supress & ignore our indwelling spirit. But children still have that connection as this child reveals. He was able to see more truth than his father. A short but powerful piece. I'm glad you're putting it in F2F, Wanda.

AMEN Laurie my dear friend!! :D :D What precious and yet insightful words coming from this wonderful little boy who wise soul was able to see the pure radiance of the "inner Elvis!!" :D :D I know I am somewhat late in getting to this thread you started dear Wanda :oops: :oops: but thank you so much for sharing this with us!! :wink: :D So glad you are including this in F2F!! :D :D

Amanda Viola wrote:
Sure hope everybody would have, here and now, a so clear sight like the one that young man had! :)

I say AMEN to what you have said here also sweet angel!! :wink: :D Oh if this were only the case, what a much better would this would be! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:55 am 
:D :D :wink: :wink: :hug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:37 pm 
Site Admin

:D :wink: :hug: :love: :D :wink: :hug: :love:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:49 am 
Site Admin

:D :wink: :P :) 8) :hello: :love: :hug: :hello: :love: :hug: :D

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next