It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 4 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: The Healer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

In the “He Touched Me, The Gospel Music of Elvis Presley” DVD, one of the Sweet Inspirations talks about a time when one of the other members (I think her name was Sylvia?) was diagnosed with cancer. When Elvis found out about it, he laid his hand upon her stomach and prayed for healing. When she went back to the doctor shortly thereafter, the cancer was gone! Clearly, Elvis believed that God could use him to heal others. There are other healing stories too that I’ve come across, though Elvis in his humility never boasted of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:39 pm 
I too believe that people can have the gift of healing-and some may not even know that is what it is-like people who do massage and practice some of the types of massage that has ancient roots. Some people just have that gift-some people who are nurses for instance, just have the touch and they aren't really aware-just know they enjoy and benefit from helping other human beings.
Elvis had some strange to him experiences as kid-he never did say exactly what but it had something to do with a person who had serious problems and Elvis and he-it was another male older person, had a prayer session, just the two of them and something happened that Elvis felt was straight from God-he would not say more as I think he was uncomfortable and maybe felt it was through himself though he was just a young boy. He didn't want to "claim any glory" for himself-he just said they prayed, and something wonderful and "out of this world" happened and the guy got better quickly. There there were other events after he became Elvis Presley-he wouldn't talk personally about them either other than things happened that were straight from God's grace and glory. And too, he had some strange powers that most don't have-I saw him do things that were obviously special to him alone. Like spin a ball point pen on the table top by pointing at it and passing his other hand over the top of pen-it moved slowly and then spun around in a circle...people gasped... he didn't have anything in his hand-not even rings on and no watch- watches didn't keep good time for him-only certain kinds because of his magnetic make up he said.
then explained he didn't mean "make up" but his body's magnetic field- usually when he got off on long story's about something- people would be bored-except for the girls wanting to "win him over"- but they weren't really listening-just looking at him. Anyway, I believe in healing and people who can do it. Elvis just came to me to let me know he was there- I had surgery once and didn't let him know until after I was home-he was so angry when he found out- he just about melted the phone and I was durgged and he made me cry yelling at me-and he was so sorry, he said every sweet and nice thing he could think of trying to make it up to me. I said, it was almost worth it to hear him carrying on so- and he said, "What if something happened and I lost you-And I wouldn't even have known, couldn't do nothing to help it-don't you know how much that would hurt me?" I thought he was going to cry- so I promised him I'd never not tell him again- So he was just letting me know that he knew-and was there for me. I believe that. It just came from the blue-I wasn't even thinking of him- not when the cherry cigar smoke was in my living room! and then feeling his hand and I'll never forget how he put his face against my neck when saying goodbye the last time I saw him and darn it I can't even think about that without crying! I have to get over that- I may have to talk about it and I can't yet. wjh

Post subject: Wanda's healing
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:01 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda, somewhere in this forum is your story of Elvis' spirit visiting you recently & your eye getting healed. I wanted to read that again but can't find it. Do you remember where you put it? Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:51 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

As Sue said,whenever you wish to share with us Wanda..:) ..our eyes get wet too often because of this sweet man already..so we'll be here to listen any of your prescious memories..

Post subject: Post
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:18 am 
Site Admin

I'll go look for it-I have a few clues maybe can find it and will post that info. I have to tell you all, I heard from BookSurge and the book is in production-will be a few more days, hopefully by the 2nd week of May. They had problems with the pictures, and so many letters etc; the press thing kept stopping that is delaying things as it has to be reprogramed for each piece etc;...whatever. More waiting.. and the guy who has been such a help to me, doing the things I couldn't make heads or tails of and just because he is a fan-he was 10 when Elvis left and his wife is a big fan and his young daughter. Anyway, he said he had planned to wait until the book was a book before he actually read it-but in working on it he had to read parts so he read it all and he said it was great but he made his nose sore and his eyes bloodshot because he hadn't cried like that since he broke his leg at 12 years of age! I didn't mean to write a tear jerker but there are parts of it that make a "grown man cry" so be warned, have kleenex handy. He said he used a "bath towel" and I thought "oh no!" There is alot that is funny and educational, spiritual and deep because Elvis was-
and he's in there big time of course. I think the best part of the book besides all the wonderful letters from other's who contributed their memories is the Interview-it's just him telling what he wanted to tell and as he recalled it.
I was facinated and just let him talk... and he sure could do that. I didn't put all my conversation in-just the important questions to set up what he said and left out chit chat because there wasn't much of that anyway. He was wound up and running- you will be amazed at how intelligent and expressive he could be- especially when he had something he wanted to say- that he knew college kids would be listening to. And when he chose what he wanted used-that part was included. Now I realize he intended them to hear what he said. Okay, now I've "set you all up" too-waiting is so difficult! even for me. Wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 4:34 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

hihi my gosh i really love the part of using the bath towel :lol:

it's the impression and my imagination works always very good so I saw him already using the towel

x
kira

Post subject: Alternative healing therapy
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi Kira,

I'm very fascinated by your massage & healing therapy using rocks. I believe rocks have healing properties as well. Can you please tell me what this kind of healing massage is called? I remember reading it somewhere here. Thank you!

Wanda, did Elvis ever comment on healing through the use of rocks, crystals etc.?

Post subject: crystals
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

He only spoke of crystals and was interested in them saying they were using them in healing and laying them on people in certain ways. He wore a cross pendant for a while, made of crystals with one big opal I think in the middle-it had diamonds also but not like the wider one he wore in later years- wjh

Post subject: My eye and it's being healed-
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:25 pm 
Site Admin

I have looked through everything and I didn't find my post about my eye - it had to be posted between the 15th - 18 of April but couldn't find it. I will post it again soon. Right now I have to try to fix some things in the book as they can't seem to get it straight how I want them put in. And even had the size wrong! It's a new guy doing this part and he "just don't get it!" So I will be busy for a couple of days doing that- in the mornings-my daughter uses my computer for work in the afternoons right now. so--- later kids, wjh

Post subject: Wanda's eye healing
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:34 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Sue, for the information on where to look for Wanda's eye healing & the link to information on the healing properties of cyrstals/stones. I will check them both out. I had previously read of Wanda's eye healing & visit from Elvis' spirit, but the story is so moving, I wanted to read it again. Thanks for taking the time to find out where it was located.

Page 1 of 4 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next