It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 4 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Good, Laurie!

Kira,

Why not? Why not Joan of Arc? Why not a healer? You were, you are and you'll be whatever your Heart tells you. I would not get distraught by the questions of Reason and its details, because do they do any difference in who you are? Connect deeply with YOU and go ahead. The important answers are inside. It's YOUR energy that is expressing through YOU, whatever name it had in the past. And it is like Laurie says:

Quote:
Joan of Arc had a fighting spirit. I think you have that same kind of fighting spirit, only not against people, but against the darkness of this world. You believe & fight for positive things to happen in peoples lives and in this world. It could be the dream was symbolic of the tough warrior spirit you have, a spirit which fights for love & peace.

If you excuse me, I would say, Kira, be true to you and do what you feel to do. You'll have the help and the guide, I'm sure. The answers will come, each at the right time.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:19 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Laurie and Amanda for your words of kindness love and wisdom, they mean a lot to me!

And you know? when i read both your msgs got goosebumps too (hihihihihii) where is my sword to battle against the darkness and bring light in all life on earth and beyond!....... :lol: :lol: :P :oops: :roll:

Big bisou,X
Kira

oops hope to import all those new emoticons so i also can express my feelings easier. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, Kira. Smilies are great fun and very useful too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:40 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Elaine Dundy, author of "Elvis & Gladys", comments on her web site the following:

Quote:
Only when it came out in its first large paperback edition did I begin getting mail from all parts of the world. By far the most frequent theme to emerge in these letters was Elvis as Healer, as Saver, . . . . It was uncanny how often these letters disclosed the same psychological profile and charted the same course. Brutal fathers and frightened mothers produced children who, by their own choice, “lived almost in seclusion.” Then, discovering Elvis and his music, he became a major part of their lives. “Whenever anything went wrong,” wrote a Canadian woman “I knew I could turn to Elvis’ music and he would help me through.” There was also, in late adolescence, a history of near suicidal attempts that the children saved themselves from because they “thought of Elvis” and even “heard his voice.”

Source: http://www.elainedundy.com/elvis1.html

Last edited by Blue Moon on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you so much, Laurie.

I have gone to the link and found it of great interest. The portrait of Tupelo when Elvis was a little child is amazingly descriptive. I have been so touched by that part when he was three years and his father went to prison for forging a check, "running up and down their little shotgun house, each time stopping to pat a dejected Gladys on her hand saying: "There, there, my little baby."" :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:46 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda wrote:
I have been so touched by that part when he was three years and his father went to prison for forging a check, "running up and down their little shotgun house, each time stopping to pat a dejected Gladys on her hand saying: "There, there, my little baby."" :( :(

Here he is at age three feeling the need already to care for & comfort his mother. That appears to have stayed with him while growing up. Of course, she cared very deeply for him as well. Still, the burning desire to take care of his family seems to have started at such a young age! His loving heart was already expressing itself. Yet, at the same time, I think what a burden for a three year old to have had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:50 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
I think what a burden for a three year old to have had.

You are so right there, Laurie. I believe that he had to start early on life his training for the function he had to accomplish. Only such a strong love's bond like he had with his mother, could awaken his urgency to "shelter" others with his LOVE and LIGHT. Is it not marvelous Life's ways to take us to what is meant for us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

Yes thanks Laurie, I haven't read her book-or even seen one in years and years since our bookstores don't have many books on Elvis unless they are special ordered. I might get her's one of these days since I know where to get it now. Sounds like it would be very interesting.
Elvis would speak of his early years, the poverty but he never went into it in a complaining way, just matter of factly say one place had a dirt floor, they lost the "shotgun" house as it's called (he didn't call it that).
He referred to it as being better than any other place they had lived-and after moving so many times from place to place, depending on what they could afford and how he tried to earn money to help out as much as he could. He said he was driving the old car as soon as his legs reached the pedals and that he was a good driver.
He talked about picking cotton but his mom didn't want him doing it because he "bled so easily" and cotton boils were prickly and you couldn't pick it without getting scratched up. He spoke of seeing his parents sitting at the table worrying over pieces of paper (bills) and then packing up to move when they didn't have the money.
Of worrying about needing medical care-medicine or anything and of being sick when little and having a hard time breathing for coughing (hooping cough?) and then fever and thinking he was "in heaven" because beautiful women and men took care of him, played with him in a beautiful place like the most beautiful park he'd ever seen and he'd only seen a few in pictures he said and laughed. And that he told his momma that he had seen Jesus and that it was so beautiful there and she told him to not tell anyone. Then he saw the "light people" and she told him he couldn't talk about such things or "they would lock him up" and then when he did and the person told her, she washed his mouth out with laundry soap. Something he would never forget he said, all he had to do was think on it and the taste would come back to haunt him so he never spoke of it again-except to the pastor-the black one that he liked to go there when he could-he "never put me down" he said. His early days certainly did guide and prepare him for his future...and he learned well. And yes he liked Capt'n Marvel an' Freddy...
and he knew he had "the twin power" and sometimes he thought it wasn't him going on stage, doing that it was somebody else -maybe.... the twin power? Whatever it is amazing the things that he experienced his entire life and mostly not of his making...but as he said, "just happening around me somehow". He said that he remembered his daddy being taken away, that his mom cried alot and didn't know what they (she and he) were going to do without him. Then within a few days the landlord came and told her she had to get out-he had the place rented by "people that pay their debts" and that if he had been bigger he'd of "killed him". He was 3 and they had to stay in the shed with the dirt floor until she found a place to go-and they ended up living with an Aunt or someone, can't recall now who took them in but it was crowded. It all served the purpose of preparing him for who he was going to be-he wanted to make the world happy, a better place, where kids weren't scared to go to sleep at night and where mother's didn't have worry and pain, and daddy's didn't suffer emotionally and drink to forget their "failures" as providers for the family.
He made sure he provided-and that he brought happiness to everyone he met and everyone who came to see him.
And he said, his petty troubles were nothing but tiny thorns on the rose bush, he got the greatest highs, the biggest thrills and he got to see the happiness he could bring to others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:11 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
It all served the purpose of preparing him for who he was going to be-he wanted to make the world happy, a better place, where kids weren't scared to go to sleep at night and where mother's didn't have worry and pain, and daddy's didn't suffer emotionally and drink to forget their "failures" as providers for the family.
He made sure he provided-and that he brought happiness to everyone he met and everyone who came to see him.
And he said, his petty troubles were nothing but tiny thorns on the rose bush, he got the greatest highs, the biggest thrills and he got to see the happiness he could bring to others.

Thank you Wanda, for reminding us what is the TRUE purpose of LIFE, of which Elvis was such a model. If each of us would keep only a half of his intention an attitude, we could help very much to have this world fuller with LIGHT and LOVE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:15 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I have Elaine Dundy's book "Elvis & Gladys" in hardcover and paperback.
So if any one wants one of them I would give you gladly! Just tell me.
I haven't read all of it (it's one of the books where I have some difficulties with the English language.. :oops: ) but it is really worth reading!!!!!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Page 3 of 4 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next