It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Lighthouseseeker wrote:
well I'm fortunate that my parents and brother loves him the same we all see him as a member of our family..they just think I somehow have a connection with him more than they have..just hope so..

I'm curious about how Elvis came in your family's life, if you don't mind, Zey. It is unusual for me to find such unanimity in a family group.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:41 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

of course I don't mind Amanda..well our house was a musical one..music was always on,but mostly jazz or classical and some ballads and I don't remember Elvis was played much among those,just few records of him..When he died,I was 10 ,I remember my parents were sad about the news and the impression I got from them was as he was a good person and it was a pity to lose him.nothing much though..at the time ,me and bro were too much in music,piano lessons for both of us and I was also in a ballet class..still wasn't involved with Elvis and his music too much just playing now and than the LP of his Madison Square Garden live album and this was getting us both slowely, then in a radio show, we listened to" I need your love tonight" wow! the energy hit us, then immediately asked our parents if there's more records of him by chance they have somewhere we don't know..wishful thinking of course :roll: :lol: well they saw how we thrilled about a singer who was at their age,and tried to remember what they have seen or heard about him for us,not much since it was not easy to find any material about him in Turkey those days,they just saw one or two movies of him and we didn't have an idea how he exactly looked like except the pic on the cover of MSG album and it didn't help much..but nothing about him was ordinary what I felt about him was nothing like I felt before for other music or people.Elvis had that healing power when we are sick,I soon learned this..wanted to know of him more and the only book I could find was the one written by a secretary called Becky Yancey..maybe a simple book but it was positve and telling a lot about his sweet personality and some pics were in the book, black and white only..I didn't know English then but began to study myself, just to read the book and understand the lyrics of his songs..and I was telling everything I learned to my family and they only supported this love and interest of ours,they were trying to buy anything they could find records,posters,it wasn't easy for them but they tried hard to give us better music systems as well,also magazines, even when they are in French or German we got them and mom read and translated them for us..well we learned him together,loved him together and avoided from lies together,most of all, his music was as unique for them as it is for my brother and me..I'm glad they were so supporting to our every interest so Elvis reached them too..
well,sorry for making it too long, :oops: hope you didn't regret for asking Amanda.. :oops: :lol:

Last edited by Lighthouseseeker on Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:14 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

What a lovely story Zey. Elvis grew on you and your family, as if his love snuck up on you before you knew it. Well maybe it's more like you & your family were simply drawn to him. You could see behind the image and knew there was something special.

I'm a little jealous because I'm the only one in my family who is a big Elvis fan, so ELC is just about the only outlet I have for discussion. I still have hope for my two little nephews, ages 4 & 6, that they one day will become fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:49 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
well,sorry for making it too long, hope you didn't regret for asking Amanda..

:lol: I'm delighted and amazed with your story, Zey. Thank you very much for telling. Yours is a wonderful and loving family indeed. Your parents did so much effort to give you something they felt good for your brother and you.

I think that Laurie is right in her appretiation:

Quote:
Well maybe it's more like you & your family were simply drawn to him. You could see behind the image and knew there was something special.

Laurie, don't throw out the towel yet. I feel that we'll see great things about Elvis in the future. :wink: :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

thank you Laurie, Amanda..I think everyone in my family needed him to be with us..Elvis's philosophy of life was generally same as what our parents tried to give us,specially my father has a lot in common with him about generosity and forgiving nature..maybe we all need to have someone like him in our lives individually to carry on..Laurie maybe your family members will have their Elvis moment later someday, that way they get him right and will do this themselves,maybe he'll show them a way :wink: ..I hope that will happen..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much for sharing your story, Zey! We are all around the world, but united through Elvis, and more importantly, through the LOVE he represents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

your welcome Maia,I thank you all for listening..and you are so right there's no limit or borders in love and Elvis is the most powerful example for this..what is left is,the ability for more people to feel this love..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:59 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Zey, I just read in the meditation-thread, that Laurie saw that Elvis built a LIGHTHOUSE in his Garden....just for you, because you are that special!!!! :D

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Page 3 of 3 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3