It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: bridge over troubled water
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:27 pm 
Pharaoah

A strange experience of a coincidence?

A weird thing happened tonight. I was watching a documentary about people affected with a terrible illness called primordial dwarfism. Only about 100 people worldwide have this strange ailment. They are extremely small. This documentary told the story of a 43-year old lady who has this afwel illness. She's the oldest living person who has this illness. She's 70cm and her weight is 15kg.

Anyway, while I was watching this I thought about how Elvis would be touched by this documentary if he had seen it. I was thinking that if he would have seen it he would have wanted to help these unfortunate people.

Just a few moments after I had this thought the documentary showed the livingroom of this lady with primordial dwarfism. And guess whose photos she put on her wall? There were no less than 4 large photos of Elvis on her wall.

So in fact, just as I thought, Elvis is helping her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:57 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

You must have been picking up on something synchronous! Elvis cared so much about people less fortunate than himself, so it's not suprising that afflicted people like this woman would relate & look up to him. They know he would not look down up them but just love them.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:08 pm 
NO I DON'T THINK IT WAS A COINCIDENCE AT ALL I THINK ELVIS SOMEHOW WANTED YOU TO WATCH THIS STORY TO LET YOU KNOW THAT EVEN WHERE HE IS HE IS STILL TOUCHING PEOPLE'S LIVES. THANKS FOR SUCH A TOUCHING STORY! BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:58 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I agree with you, Sue!

I'm sure that it is not coincidence. The time, the place and the persons must be right for a "positive situation" be produced. Something is set out now, for the coming future. I think that is good to be aware of it, so we can consciently help it to develope. 8) :)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:48 pm 
OK SUE SO ELC IS ON ELVIS FIND/ I WELL BE VOTING, AND MAKING A COMMENT. THATS FOR LET US KNOW, FOR THE LOVE OF ELVIS! BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:17 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sue, I did vote, but I could not find where to comment. :oops:

Right now we are 19th. Hope it'd grow so more people would be aware of A Lighted Candle! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

The following is a quote attributed to Elvis from Jess Stearn/Larry Geller's book, "Elvis' Search for God":

Quote:
I'd like to think of myself as a bridge for the troubled and the afflicted, the sick and the poor, to cross over in the light and leave behind their troubles and cares.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:32 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Laurie, for bringning it back to us.

Elvis is such an inspiration to us... He comes to our hearts and enlight in them the LOVE we are all made of.

I pray to be able to keep that Light shinning on. The time we are living is one of hardness and cruelty in many ways, and we need as much softness and tenderness as we may gather and apport back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:38 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much dear Sue for bringing this beautiful thread back around again. :D I know I am REALLY late in doing so, :oops: :oops: :roll: but I also have cast my vote and left my comments for ELC in the hopes to increase awareness of this beautiful site that was so lovingly created. :D Thank you also dear Laurie for sharing that beautiful quote with us which is such a shining example of Elvis's loving and selfless heart. :D The song for all to enjoy which shows love overflowing out of that beautiful and precious heart of his. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyjRjyc-Mbg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

You are very welcome sweet Sue! :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]