It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: ELVIS: THE SUNDIAL SUIT- Hidden Symbolism?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:10 pm 
Flame

I found this interesting video about the Sundial jumpsuit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... kd_-zMDQLY

Post subject: Re: ELVIS: THE SUNDIAL SUIT- Hidden Symbolism?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Liliane, This is a Very Interesting Video in that has we know Elvis knew he didn't have Long to be with us and he also told Wanda in would be in the Fall. But if want this Guy is saying and want he has discovered about the Sun Dial Suit is True, then Elvis Maybe in Some Way did know the Date and had it in this Jump Suit for Some Fan to Discover it. :love:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:07 pm 
Flame

Elvis and numerology and the Sundial jumpsuit

http://thekinofrockandroll.com/numerology.htm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:26 pm 
Flame

Yes, Elvis was interested in Numerology - Cheiros book of numbers - and he believed in a certain way on the power of numbers. But that not means he believed the Mayan prophecies. I'm aware that a lot of people do so. It is just a interpretation of what people would believe - same like that on 22.12. 2012 the world ends. And as we know now "fer sure" (use Elvis' words - like Wanda) the world is still going on. Whenever people want to believe something, then they tend to interpret a lot of things - specially in case of Elvis.
Elvis had a faible for Indian motives as you can see in some of his jumpsuits like The Chief (Indian Feather) Suit, the Silver/Red/Black Phoenix Suit, The White or Blue Egyptian Bird, the Chicken Bone, the Egyptian Suit and also the Mexican Sundial Suit. I use the original designer names for the suits.

Elvis knew that he was very sick and maybe he had not much time to live here on earth, but surely he didn't know the exact date of his death. Nobody knows the date of his death - because our end lay in God's hand.
And interpret that the date of his sudden and unexpected death is hidden in his Mexican Sundial Suit for me is nonsens. To decode Mayan or Egypt symbols or hieroglyps you have to study the whole history of this cultures.

Again one more story that build up to his myth...... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

I don't think Elvis knew the exact date of his death; he was very ill, he knew his chances for getting better were slim to none-that I believe. He knew it would not take long once his colon was blocked and I am sure he was aware that it was to that point. I also know he did not want to go on that last tour; he tried to get
excited about going, he wanted to please his fans and as he put it "God knows" he needed the money as he had a big payroll plus he liked to buy things, mostly given away to others. And it was obvious that he was tired, sick and hated how he looked; he couldn't do very much to fix any of that and it was hard for him to "be Elvis" and not "look like Elvis". I was amazed and proud of him for continuing to try, but I didn't encourage that-I said he needed to stop and cut back on expenses and live close to the belt for a while and get better. He of course, didn't want to hear that, he wanted to "do my job" and felt that he had to because so many people depended on him etc... You know, that fact of being needed was exactly what gave him pleasure, satisfaction with his life and kept him going. He lived for it, needed it and enjoyed being responsible for so many other people's happiness etc... It was Elvis, the man who loved being Elvis the entertainer, provider and giver of happiness and smiles. He did what he was here for; God knows, he did it well! But he didn't know the exact date he would die, that I don't believe any one can right to the date/time/year etc.
Love to all,
wjh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:28 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It is interesting that Elvis did not pack his books for the last tour, I recall reading somewhere, and his books always went with him on tour. Who knows why he did not pack them as usual. Perhaps he plannned on doing it the last minute before leaving, but I can't help but wonder if he knew he was not going. Elvis did have psychic/spiritual intuition about things.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

Yes Blue Moon, he didn't have them packed as usual; he also told certain people around him (his cousin) that he "would not see him tomorrow, not like this" and that cousin also mentioned that Elvis appeared to have "special powers/abilities" such as being able to move "clouds and control weather/rain, etc". I read that somewhere... and I also feel that Elvis did have special abilities, he was very spiritual, he practiced being aware of what "folks need" and tired to help them get it or get there where they could etc:... Plus, he had a very powerful aura and his presence could be 'felt' and I say that literally. You knew when he was near and he couldn't be "ignored" because of that strong presence, he was born to be heard and seen and had all the attributes needed to make it happen. So yeah, the guy was special, he had power and he could have run people over but he didn't because he also had great love for all the people and a great many animals of the four legged kind and winged also. Fish, he wasn't too fond of ---having had to eat so much of it growing up and I certainly understand that! I don't like fish either! But I did love fishing...my uncle saw to that.
wjh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

What happened to the size of the print etc for ELC? It has shrunk down to
hard to read! wjh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:53 pm 
Sun Dial

:hello: I to Notice that the Print on here is Smaller, and that the Whole ELC Forum is Smaller. I looked in my User Control Panel to see, if there were any Adjustments but I didn't see any. Weird! :?

Without you I am nothing an could never be so bold. The times we've shared, the laughter and the tears. Priceless memories, treasures all. How could I ever fail? With you I don't fear that at all. Elvis Presley!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, that Sun Dial suit had many "messages"! Elvis knew the story behind
the symbols and spent some time explaining it, however I do not have any
thing written down that he said, therefore can't "repeat" it. Oh well, it was
a very symbolic suit, especially since he related his life to events that the sun had symbolic in them. As for instance, His first recordings, "I don't Care If the
Sun Don't Shine" being one, recorded at Sun Recording in Memphis and then
throughout his career there were also symbolic events. I wish I had them all to list...I don't.
love to all,
wjh

Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next