It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 4 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:45 pm 
I HAVE NOTICE AND I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME BUT IT SEEMS TO ME WHEN ELVIS WAS OVER TIRED IN SOME PICTURES HIS EYES TO ME WERE SO MUCH SMALLER. LIKE IN THIS ONE! HE IS SO ADORABLE IN THIS ONE! :D Image

Last edited by Barbara Lea on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:02 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

aaawww!! always loved that one.. his hair and his face look too babiesh here... cuuuuuuteee.. :P :P of course, he's the baby boy.. :wink: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:33 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
he wore the heck out of those 4 suits-BUT he had two colors! don't forget that.

What was the other color besides white?

Last edited by Blue Moon on Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Bicentenial suits/Eqyptian Vultures on them
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:21 am 
Site Admin

He had two with light blue bodies and white sleeves and collars, and two with white bodies and light blue sleeves and collars. He had two or three belts he could wear with them...one had eagles and what looked like presidential seals or something similar on them with the chains. Those 4 suits were worn nearly thread bare in 76 only toward the last part of the year did he start switching to another suit maybe when the other's didn't get back from the cleaners or he was getting tired of hearing the griping about those same suits at every show! We must have seen them both at least 7 times that year! All the pictures looked alike because of those suits! Same necklace, same suit! He liked the prehistoric birds as he called them-they were the Eqyptian symbols for "life" and used in the tombs where royalty was buried and they had the "honor" of looking after them and protecting them from harm etc; he said and that they "carried their spirits up to the sun God whom they worshipped" but he said the Sun God was actually the infininte all mighty wisdom and power of the Father of the Universe...known as our Lord and God the Father. Those suits were so beautifully detailed-all of them were but it seemed that the ones he wore in 76,77 were the most meaningful as far as spiritual messages go of any he wore. Especially so, the Sun Dial Suit that was the last one he specificially wanted done-it took a year to do nearly, and there was another that was in the works but never got to the decorating stage. It's too bad that the sketches he made for it were not displayed -at least not when we were at Graceland in 80. There were some drawings there...but they did not depict the last suit and I can't recall what he called it or what it was to have on it and it was not taped...so no transcripts either. It was very, very spiritual and came from the Bible-that's all I can recall now...he hadn't quite got everything in that he was trying for-but they were going to be royal blue and white and was going to have lots of colorful jewels and rhinestones and religious symbols from several different cultures all of them to send a message to those who saw them-especailly those receptive to the message-he said. And that he was the "light bearer"...what that meant, I do not have a clue now...I wish I did. I would like him to come and tell me again...in detail more than he did. But so far-zip. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:54 am 
WANDA IS SEEN ON THE INSIDERS CLUB A PICTURE THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE THE SUIT HE WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE WORN IN '77, AND THEY SAID IT WAS CALLED THE LASER SUIT. BECAUSE WHEN THE SPOT LIGHTS HIT THE SUIT IT WAS SUPPOSE TO LOOK LIKE LASER LIGHTS COMING FROM THE SUIT. I HAD A PICTURE OF IT BUT I DON'T NOW, IS THAT ONE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT? BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:14 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Here is another pic with one of his 1976 jumpsuits:

Photo taken 06/04/1976 by George Hill @ Mabee Center, Oral Roberts University

Post subject: That's a good picture
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, funny isn't it that at Oral Robert's University-a Christian and Bible based university, he was working under threat of someone going to "shoot" him "kill him" etc: and he was told not to do the show-to cancel but he refused. He was also pulled half off the stage in Oklahoma City and his nose bloodied-but he finished the show after wiping off the blood and holding it up to show the people saying, "Look what you did to me." wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:37 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wonderful Elvis! Makes me cry of pride for him.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:11 pm 
WHY AND WHO WAS THE CREEP THAT DID THIS TO ELVIS? :x :evil: IN OKLAHOMA CITY, THEY MUST HAVE GOTTEN A SURPISE WHEN ELVIS DID EVERYTHING BUT CRY!! BARB! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
He liked the prehistoric birds as he called them-they were the Eqyptian symbols for "life" and used in the tombs where royalty was buried and they had the "honor" of looking after them and protecting them from harm etc; he said and that they "carried their spirits up to the sun God whom they worshipped" but he said the Sun God was actually the infininte all mighty wisdom and power of the Father of the Universe...known as our Lord and God the Father. Those suits were so beautifully detailed-all of them were but it seemed that the ones he wore in 76,77 were the most meaningful as far as spiritual messages go of any he wore. Especially so, the Sun Dial Suit that was the last one he specificially wanted done-it took a year to do nearly, and there was another that was in the works but never got to the decorating stage. It's too bad that the sketches he made for it were not displayed -at least not when we were at Graceland in 80. There were some drawings there...but they did not depict the last suit and I can't recall what he called it or what it was to have on it and it was not taped...so no transcripts either. It was very, very spiritual and came from the Bible-that's all I can recall now...he hadn't quite got everything in that he was trying for-but they were going to be royal blue and white and was going to have lots of colorful jewels and rhinestones and religious symbols from several different cultures all of them to send a message to those who saw them-especailly those receptive to the message-he said. And that he was the "light bearer"...what that meant, I do not have a clue now...

Wanda, I am going to put this on the ROBES OF LIGHT pages on ELC. Thanks for this! 8)

Page 2 of 4 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next