It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 4 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Laser suit
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know Barb-he had one that was dark blue with flat disks of silver all over it that reflected light but if there was something new-you can bet he'd have it on.
The suit he was talking about was not finished-he died before it was decorated-it was to have ancient writings on it that would "strike chords" in people receptive whether they realized it or not-it would "awaken" them.
I can remember only a little about what he said, darn it...
but I do know much of the symbolic design of it came from the ancient Bible writings...he was reading about that and had received some things from somewhere that had photos of ancient Bible writings that were in translation, what he wanted on his suit...he got them so he could see the writing and have it put on correctly-he said he wouldn't want something on there saying "F....off you fool!" in ancient scrilpt! Leave it to Elvis to think of that! Anway, He had the scoop necked suits, the feathers and whatever dark ones and they were "louder" every time he had some done-I had not even heard him mention the Sundial suit except in general talking about it because there was something on tv about it and the Inca years...etc:. And too, he talked of his career being "ruled by the sun"...and had a long list of events during his life that related directly to the sun-the month of the Sun etc; and sun related things...and he was quite convincing. There there he was, his last year wearing the final year calendar on his clothes. Did he know-sure he knew...he just didn't know the exact day it would be... if he had, he would have planned something for that too. As it was, nothing he could have immagined would have been anything like what did happen-all those people, all over the world-he would have been stunned speechless- that would have been a sight-Elvis speechless! That's not fair, often he was unable to say a word...even if he wanted to...he just couldn't get it out. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:37 pm 
DID YOU EVER HEAR HIM STUTTER ALOT WANDA, BLESS HIS SWEET PREIOUS SOUL. :( I KNOW IN ONE OF THE LAST CONCERTS I SEEN. HE STARTED TO STUTTER, AND J.D. WAS OVER THERE TRING NOT TO LAUGH. I FELT SO SORRY FOR HIM! I WAS TRING TO HELP HIM ALL I COULD TO GET THE WORDS OUT, BUT ELVIS HE STARTED TO SNICKER HIMSELF AND SAID I'M SOUNDING LIKE MEL TILLIS. :D BARB!

Post subject: stuttering
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

Yes I did a few times, when he really wanted to say something, couldn't get the word to come out right or rushed too much...he talked fast most of the time, unless he wanted to think as he spoke, or was kicking back trying to relax and reading or reciting something he wanted to make a point on. But "rile" him up and he'd spout words out like a machine gun at times-or if he wanted to get it out quick and over with... I liked him best when he was about to go to sleep...then he was more relaxed and often very funny...giggling at himself and he then would stutter more as he wasn't in "full control" and relaxing more than normally. What was funny not laughing funny, maybe I should say unusual-about him was he gave the impression most of the time of being very cool, in control and kind of languidly moving or walking, but it was almost like and illusion or something, because the next minute he might be jiggling his foot, a hand or fidgeting a way...while giving the impression of just the opposite. Weird guy, maybe there were two men inside that body! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:35 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I posted the link of the video of Hurt 76 in that same suit,also in "General " but here it is again..

http://www.epgold.com/start.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:05 pm 
ELVIS HAD SUCH DIFFERENT IDEAS ABOUT WHAT HE WANTED HIS JUMP SUITS TO LOOK LIKE, AND WHAT TO PUT ON THEM. HE LOOKED SO MIGHTY! MIGHTY!! FINE IN EVERYONE OF THEM TO! :D BARB!

Post subject: "They come to see my suits"
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:10 am 
Site Admin

Elvis: They come to see my suits...so I give them something to look at... could just hang 'em up out there in the spot light 'n play records...think that'd be just as good? Give me a break-huh?" (He laughs)

Elvis: "Naw...it's not just me they come to see...it's the show...everybody. They want to see some flash and so I give it to 'em...if I came out just wearing something regular it'd be-be a disapointment an' boring. Man, it's not just me...it's ever thing going on-the group, the band and orchrestra...if it was just me an' two or three others', no body would come. I ain't that special! God knows it's not anything I'm doin' out there...it's all of it together man!"

Elvis: Man, ever where we go people ask me what I'm goin' to wear! See-it's not me...it's the suits! One of these days I'm just gonna wear a regular outfit, a shirt, jacket and pants...you'll hear 'em hollarin' clear to LA! Wait an' see..."

Sorry Elvis, it wasn't "just the suit, or the band, or the singers, or the orchrestra....it was you honey, just you.
And you knew it, that's why you came out there night after night, sick, throwing up, chilling and dizzy---after all they came...so you went on. wjh

Post subject: Re: "They come to see my suits"
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:36 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Sorry Elvis, it wasn't "just the suit, or the band, or the singers, or the orchrestra....it was you honey, just you.
And you knew it, that's why you came out there night after night, sick, throwing up, chilling and dizzy---after all they came...so you went on. wjh

YEAH WANDA, YOU MARKED EXACTLY THE POINT THERE!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:04 am 
IT WOULD NOT HAVE MATTERED TO ME IF IT WAS JUST HIM SITTING ON A CHAIR, AND NOT DOING ANYTHING. BECAUSE BY HIS PRESENCE, AND HIS LAUGH, AND HIS SMILE IF A TICKET WOULD OF COST A SMALL FORTUNE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WORTH IT TO ME. BARB!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:52 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

how Elvis could have known what he meant for us,no! he didn't have an idea..it was always sad to know that he never had an Elvis in his life, like we have..I think we are more fortunate than him about this..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:07 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

You are so very right Wanda!!
Thanks,
Fran

Page 3 of 4 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next