It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:08 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Maia. Either way, there's an interesting connection between Moses & Akhenaten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:40 am 
Pharaoah

Hi,

As a student of Egyptology I can assure you that there is absolutely no connection between Akhenaten en Moses.
Akhenaten probably decided to put an end to the worship of Amon, because the priest of Amon (=priests of the temple of Karnak) had too much power. He then choose Aten to be the only god of Egypt, with himself as only priest. All the temples in Egypt were closed and the name of Amen was removed from all the monuments. Aten is the sundisc. Amen was the god of the wind (that's why he carries feathers on his head), he was often associated we the Re in the form of Amen-Re.
Except for in religious text nothing is known of a historic figure called Moses. Actually the name Moses cannot be correct, since the word 'moses' in Egyptian means 'born of'. Which means that some part of this person's name is missing. For example Thot-moses, Ra-moses, Ptah-moses. The reason why the Bible only mentions 'moses' is that the writer didn't want to include the name of an Egyptian god.
Also the figure of 'Moses' in the Bible lived in the time of pharao Merneptah, long after Akhenaten lived.
Sorry folks.
No connection there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Renenutet for your thoughts! Upon further reading, though, it seems the matter is not so cut and dry but rather quite a controversial one in Egyptology. Egyptologists do not all agree on the subject.

Here is a quote from Wikipedia:

Quote:
The relationship between the identities of Akenaten and Moses is highly controversial, and widely discussed, and there are many arguments both ways, from both sides of religious POV. Akenaten's father's high priest was Yuya, who many think was the biblical Joseph (of the technicolour coat), the name "Yuya" being, in such a case, a misreading of the extremely similar (in hieroglyphs) "Yusef". The connection between Moses and Akhenaten is one of the unsolved problems in Egyptology.

From the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Moses

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:14 pm 
Pharaoah

Hello,

I'd just like to add that Yuya is not the father of king Akhenaten.
The father of Akhenaten is king Amenhotep III.

For more information on Yuya : http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/yuyat.htm

Regine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I frequent very much Maia' Spirit Mythos website, that I discovered after finding ELC. There I've seen often how the direct translation from the Akashic or from Thoth himself Maia does, often present different historic data about such ancient times.

Besides, I always believed that history is told or written with a partial vission, depending if they were the winners or the loosers the ones writing. But when we talk about thousands of years ago... then the thing gets harder. :roll:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:24 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

renenutet wrote:
Hello, I'd just like to add that Yuya is not the father of king Akhenaten.

Hi again Renenutet/Regine, thanks for the link. But just to clarify, the quote I listed above does not say that the father of King Akhenaten was Yuya. It says that Akhentaten's father's high priest was Yuya.
Quote:
Akenaten's father's high priest was Yuya, who many think was the biblical Joseph

Amanda, I do agree with you that history is usually written from the perspective of the winners. There is so much history that is supressed and kept out of the textbooks. For example, there is ample evidence that the ancients traved from the Old World to the Americas thousands of years before Columbus. Glen Kimball is one archeologist I respect a lot and who has taken the time to get to know many indigenous peoples. And these people are rich in knowledge many "moderns" do not know, yet because they were the loosers, few westerners are interested in their knowledge. Sad . ..

Last edited by Blue Moon on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:27 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, Laurie, it's very sad truth sometimes are so hidden for so long. And sometimes, it never comes to light. :roll:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Speaking of suppressed history, I was just listening to author & researcher Michael Tsarion speak on the lost history of the Druids, who were survivors & decendents of the Atlantis & Lemurian cultures. According to him, the Druids were an advanced civilization with outposts all over the world, including ancient Egypt. We are taught in school about the importance & influence of ancient Egypt, and of course major concepts did come from there, but what if the original culture actually came from northwest of there? Keep in mind that a number of the pharoah mummies (the ealier pharoahs) had red or blond hair.

Michael Tsarion's web site: http://www.michaeltsarion.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:31 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Laurie, many thanks for the informations!!

Once I read from Edgar Cayce (the medium who could read the Akashic Chronic in some kind of sleep-state) that the pyramids-stones for construction were moved by some power of levitation, that means that the civilisation then had access to powers which are unknown to us yet, nowadays!.
But historians and other people are breaking their heads to find out HOW it was done and make up many theories, understandable, of course!
So I am also careful to trust completely in history as it is interpreted by the historians!
:roll:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:28 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sarena wrote:
that the pyramids-stones for construction were moved by some power of levitation, that means that the civilisation then had access to powers which are unknown to us yet, nowadays!.

Christine-Sarena, you may be interested to know that archeologist Jonathan Gray, who wrote "Dead Men's Secrets", has said that ancient Egyptian writings state that sound frequencies were used to move the large stone blocks for the formation of the pyramids. (I'm thinking that these same sound frequencies were probably used at Stonehenge as well.)

So then why do not more archeologists come forward with this information? Either they have not done their homework, or there is a subtle pervading arogance in our educuational system which is afraid to face the fact that the ancients had knowledge we do not.

Jonathan Gray's web site: http://www.beforeus.com/

Page 2 of 3 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next