It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: White Swans
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

Kira had a question about the symbolic meaning of white swans.

I'm sure there there are many levels to look at it, but swans in general are representive of the SOUL moving UP THE SPIRAL OF LIGHT into it's true union with Source. Of course we are always in union with Source, but perhaps we could qualify this by saying "self-realization of union with Source". The name Yogananda gave him of "Paramahansa" (hope I spelled that right) means "swan". Thus, the many swans in the Temple Lake of the Self-Realization Fellowship retreat.

a white swan would represent the pure WHITE LIGHT of undiluted Spirit.

For more images of this retreat (and the swans there), you can view them on my SPIRIT MYTHOS website:

http://www.spiritmythos.org/earth/ET/srf-laketemple.html

Elvis loved the Lake Temple retreat and as Priscilla says on the "Elvis by the Presleys" DVD, he often went there to meditate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:19 am 
Hello!
I just read about the symbolism of swans. Paramahansa Yogananda (parama = highest , hansa = swan / in Sanskrit language) also said that the swan is a symbol for discrimination between the false and the real, for the swan is able to drink the milk out of a mixture of milk and water. He is able to distill the TRUTH. Isn`t that beautiful?

The White Swan - Avatar is really beautiful! A very good choice for you, Sue! I really like your comments, thank you!!
( Avatar is also a Sanskrit word and means "Having descended". An Avatar is a Divine Incarnation, a soul that has descended to our world as a Savour, like Jesus Christ, Buddha ....)

Christine :lol:

Post subject: Swans
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:39 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I did not know the symbolism that white swans serve. Our son and his wife have a swan 'thing' in their love for each other and sometimes refer to each other as 'swan.'
Thank you for sharing this information!! :)
Marjorie

Herodotes Greek historian 484-432 BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much Maia and you also Christine for sharing the symbolic meaning of white swans. :D I had not known about it before and I enjoyed reading and learning about it as I've always loved white swans. :D I've always thought that they were filled with a certain, elegance, grace and LIGHT and now I know why. :wink: :D Thanks also Maia for the link to the beautiful pictures to the SRF retreat. :D Just looking at those beautiful pictures fills me with such a PEACE that I could just imagine how I would feel if I was actually there. :D I hope to be able to go there one day and experience it for myself. :D Feeling and sensing such an overwhelming PEACE just looking at those pictures leads me to belive in my heart Sue that Elvis was able to find the peace of mind he was searching and longing for. :D Maia, I too, am continuing to explore your wonderful Spirit Mythos website. :D It's really been a big help with all that I've been going through lately. :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]