It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: DON´T CRY DADDY
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:07 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sweet Aloha :D

Just wanted to share a story about a SIGN I got from Elvis.... a couple of years ago....

My Father died on 08. January 2001 :( and because he had MS for a long long time, for him I was happy that he "went" to the Lord..... for me it was losing a my best friend and I thought I never "felt" him again... At that time I wasn´t ready to open my soul, my heart... also I was 3 months pregnant with Carmen... so he would not be able to see and feel his grandchild... (SHE LOOKS LIKE HIM THOUGH and SHE IS VERY MUCH LIKE MY DADDY :P )

But to go on with my little story.... for some reasons I got a link :wink: ..... LISA singing "together" with her Daddy..... The song "DON´T CRY DADDY"....

http://www.gofish.com/userVideoPlayer.gfp?gfid=30-1037779

After seeing and feeling this video... I just cried, cried and cried, but It helped me.... singing this song for my "DADDY".... to get in touch with him in a very SPECIAL way..... and I still can´t sing and see it without crying, but the feeling is enormous.... and I´m always very HAPPY afterwords.... :D

I just post this here.... Maybe it helps any of YOU too.... It surely helped me :wink:

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:02 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Carola, I'm so sorry you lost your daddy, but it sounds like this song has become a source of healing for you. Seems like the Lord is using this song to help you grieve & also to comfort & restore you. Reminds me of in Psalm 23 where "He restores my soul".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Carola, thank you so much for posting this link! I had a audio of it bookmarked, but had NOT seen it! Made me cry to see how much she looked like him there and singing with him side-by-side.

Your father, like Elvis is in VERY GOOD HANDS NOW! No more pain and suffering. That is how I felt when my Mom passed in 1994.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:36 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sweet Aloha :D

I´m glad I posted it.... :P

Thank you Laurie, Maia and Sue.... for those kind words.... You´re so right... Hopefully it will help some other people too.... as it helped me....

Quote:
Your father, like Elvis is in VERY GOOD HANDS NOW! No more pain and suffering.

Just like your mom, Maia.... I´m sorry she passed away... but as you said...they are really in good hands now.... NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT....

And once we will be "reunited" again.... :wink: when the Lord calls us to come to him... in "HEAVEN" but untill than we have to try to create our own HEAVEN on EARTH!!!

Ka´rala

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:24 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

And ofcourse I accept your sympathy, Sue... makes me smile and gives me a very special feeling :D :D
and I´m glad you think the same way too :wink:

Ka´rala

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:09 pm 
Owl

Every time I hear that song or see that video of LMP singing side by side with her Daddy, it tears me up. I think that every little girl needs and wants her Daddy and to think LMP lost her precious pa so young and was there when it happened...I'm sure she is still broken-hearted. I know how she feels. I happen to think all of the hard times she went through when she was younger (and still may) have to do with her acting out the pain she felt/feels over losing her dad. I did the same thing. But my dad is still living and I've always worshipped him the way LMP did her dad but my dad...let's just say the feeling isn't mutual. He basically has nothing to do with me though he swears to everyone he loves me like nothing else in the world. I don't mean to sound like "poor me" but I know how painful it is for a little girl to lose her daddy or actually, to never even have him, even though he's right there in front of me. I think she may have even had a little of that, as well. It can scar you forever if you let it. "Don't Cry Daddy" will always be a special song for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

My father died when I was Lisa's age - of a heart attack. My mother and I tried to revive him on the floor. I loved my father very much...a sensitive, loving and humorus man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:37 pm 
Owl

Oh my gosh, Maia. I'm so sorry. I had no idea. What a strange coincidence that you shared such a powerful experience with LMP. Although, truth be told, I don't believe in coincidences. Bless your heart. No doubt your daddy and Elvis are close. I believe strongly that connections on this earth extend up into Heaven. Recently, my husband's granddaddy passed away. Right after I found out he passed, I "told" him to go find my Mamaw, who passed in 1994, because he would get a kick out of her and she would be keen on knowing him, as well. They were two of a kind. You get my drift?

Post subject: same here
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

I think the same way-and I also LOVE your avatar! Nobody has a smile like "our boy"! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:52 pm 
Owl

I have Maia to thank for my avatar! I couldn't figure out how to post one and I'll be danged if she didn't go and pick a dandy and post it for me! I love his smile, too! It's as big as the heavens. He had such pretty teeth. I'm glad you got my drift, WJH ,and that someone else knows of what I speak. I must say, it's an honor to "meet" you! I feel blessed to have such a witness and such a connection to you-know-who! You must be a veeeery special lady to have meant so much to Elvis. Thank you and bless you for sharing it with us. I have only looked at maybe 2 % of this site and I can't wait to pour over every word of it. Toodles! :lol:

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next