It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Not sure if this is where I should put this
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:09 pm 

Ok well this is kind of a long story. But I will try to shorten it. About a mth ago I found this site. I just glanced through it and bookmarked it so when I had more time I could come back and read over everything. Well I went on vacation to Vegas(saw as many Elvis sites as possible...LOL) and when I got back I went to this site. I started reading the forum and some of the differant section from the home page. I found it all very interresting but wasn't sure how to process it all. I have to say I was a bit skeptical. Well I told a friend about it and she said she had been to the site before and she found it to be a very nice site. Not like some of the others where all they do is bicker. So yesterday I was a little down and I also had a therapy session(I am manic depressive) The first 15 minutes or so we talked about "other"things. Then she asked how my vacation went. Since I havent been going to her long I had never mentioned that I was a HUGE Elvis fan. She asked me questons like when did I start liking him, what books I would reccomend she read about him, and then she said that she liked Elvis also. But she was a fan of his music and movies and had never really delved into his personal life. Then from her desk she took a picture and handed it to me. It was picture of Elvis in Vegas....SHE HAD SEEN HIM THERE IN THE 70'S!! Well we talked the rest of my hour session about Elvis. When I left there I was on CLOUD NINE!!! I was in such a good mood. I had to call my friend and tellher about it. So when I went to bed that night I was laying in bed and I was extremely relaxed. My mind started to wonder and I heard a deep voice say "HELLO" I thought it was my husband but he was asleep. And the voice seemed to be from inside me...make sense? Well anyway it startled me and I opened my eyes. And I realized that the baby monitored I had besode my bed was making a weird noise which is someting it had never done before. Then it stopped. I sclosed my eyes and fell a sleep. But it was so strange I had never had an experience like that before. SO what I am getting at is that I LOVE THIS SITE. It so enlightening and pleasant. Thank you all for continuing to TCB!!!

When I really think of advice Elvis gave me, I learned more from how he lived. He was a very powerful man who did not hurt people with that. - Jerry Schilling said that to me in referance to a question i posted in an online chat hosted by EPE!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi TX, :D I'm glad you told us this story and also happy, you made someone think about his personality :wink: ,hope that therapist would join us someday..It was a very meaningful and wonderful experience..btw I'm glad you use the pic of Lisa and Elvis I made some time ago, as your avatar :D yes welcome to ELC again..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:19 am 
Site Admin

Hey Mary, such a wonderful story and I'm so glad you found ELC and Elvis here as well. This is a great group of people and growing all the time. Everyone can be open as they want to be and no one will point fingers or make put downs about anything said by anyone. It is an amazing place really, when compared to some of the other sites. Maia has done such a beautiful job putting this site together and giving me a website as well. I have learned a great deal from the other members-things I needed to learn-mainly that it's okay to talk about Elvis now, and that people do care about him still and how much he's done for so many and still is doing those things. I am aware there are people out there who do not believe me and say some pretty outlandish things that I supposededly did, said and etc: but it doesn't bother me because I know what I know and they just can't accept that Elvis had a life outside of what they considered to be "his life" as they knew it. The man needed reality now and then and he sure wasn't finding it in them-or their actions- Thank god there were people around him who did understand, saw what he was all about and appreciated him for himself-and very few of them there were among the mm group. I wasn't an "insider" by choice and because I quickly realized it wasn't a place I'd want to be-not because of Elvis -no, it was because of the "guys" and what I witnessed going on behind Elvis' back....right from the first day in fact.
Had Elvis not kept the friendship going, it would not have grown-he made the choice and not because of anything I said or did to get him to do it. I still don't know why, but it's beginning to have some sort of reasoning now, he wanted someone outside his circle to know certain things about his reality, his life behind the scenes and he chose to share those things with me. And gave me permission and honored me with his trust. He still has that-and I don't care who says what or what offers I get, there isn't enough money, fame or glory in this world we live in to buy his trust from me. Believe me some have tried-and leave glassey eyed and gasping most of the time. But that's okay, I rest easy most of the time... it's just getting older that sometimes keeps me awake... not my conscience for sure! Have a great time reading ELC-there is so much of it...but Sue has brought lots of older things forward so it's easier to do now for those just coming on. Most Welcome! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:11 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Knowing you Wanda I really understand why Elvis loved and appreciated you so much.
Thanks for being his friend. You were one of those chosen ones to keep him sane.

It would be so stupid to believe that his world only existed of his MM entourage.

He would have been burnt out much sooner.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

SO GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, MARY! :)

I think you will find we are all very supportive of one another here...and most of us feel that Elvis's soul is very tuned-in to what we say and do with ELC and in our individual personal lives. True or not, those are our true feelings (can't speak for every one of us, of course).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:01 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sweet Aloha Mary :D :D

Thank you for sharing this "touching" story... and I´m glad you found ELC too... You will find LOVE & UNDERSTANDING here, Mary :D :wink:
Writing about your feelings is such a wunderfull thing... So, Mary please continiue... with writing your experiences down.... It gives you sooo much strenght.... and positive energy....

Again, Mary, WELCOME TO ELC.... :D :D

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]