It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 8 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: elvis's presence
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:52 pm 
Hi
I just wsanted to know if elvis's pesence is felt, by people that knew him, or is it is just at graveland he is felt. :?:

Post subject: graceland
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:54 pm 
graceland l meant to say, sorry ya'll 8)

Post subject: His presence
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

Many people, even some who never met him, including young children have had "Elvis experiences" and their stories have been published in books such as the book by Moody which is full of interesting and touching stories.
People who knew him have had those moments as well, including myself and a couple of other friends. Elvis has ways as he said, many times, of getting in touch and he said if there was a way, he would find it. I have smelled his cigar smoke, "heard" his voice and felt his touch all when I was in dispair, healthwise and not sure what I ought to do. He showed the way. I am not alone in these type things either. And as long as this earth continues, and as long as their are people who pass on and leave those who love them behind, there will be these kinds of experiences happening all over the world. They may have left their earthly body behind, but they are free and can go and do as they need to do. This I believe, having had a death experience myself-and having been free for several minutes, of my earthly body.
A body I did not want to return to but did not have a choice-it wasn't my time to go. I have no fear of death as a result of that-in fact, look forward to that kind of freedom and feeling of "oh wow! This is great!" So yes, it is possible to feel and even to see if he wishes, Elvis away from the gravesite...and graceland. For those who need to feel him there, he will be there. He never wanted to let anyone down. He still wouldn't. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:37 am 
Pharaoah

Dear guest,

I have heard Elvis once and I was at my home in Belgium. I think this can happen wherever you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:11 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I "saw" him in france, right after his death and so did my parents.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:54 am 
Site Admin

Keep in mind too, that all of our departed loved ones can come through in dreams, and by performing or causing unusual things to happen that bring their earth bound loved ones to the "hey I am with you" status. People are so busy, working, worring, getting on with life here on earth they often don't notice, can't see for their loss, or just don't recall anything like that ever happening and won't believe it when it's right under their nose. That's why little children have these experiences and usually think nothing of it untill they get older and learn that other people and kids don't let those things in-so they don't speak of it, or they too get so busy with living and learning and their lives get so full of things, they stop paying atttntion to their spirit connections and are into the physical aspect of life and living. That's why Jesus says be ye as little children, and another time he said, "Suffer the little children to come unto me," He didn't want them turned away from him. Neither does God today, we are meant, born to be, close to our god whatever we percieve him to be. I am a Christian, raised penetacostal and love the Bible but I also realize there is so much we don't know, haven't had access to and probably in our lifetime will not have. So much of the written word from those ancient times has not been translated into English or any other lanuage and most likely won't be unless they train some new people to continue that job. Those huge stacks of writing, taller than a man and there are dozens of those stacks, laying on large shelves for about as far as one can film kept hidden and protected underground where they will not rot or fade from air and sunlight. I would like to know what they say-Elvis wanted to know also and was busy trying to get his hands on as much of it as he could-Ancient writings-even he couldn't get into those vaults.
All we need to know to believe the departed souls can communicate with earth is have a willing acceptance and try not to scare them off with our own silly disbelief. If it happens, rejoice and say hello-ask them what they want to tell you. I've NEVER had a bad experiece with any of that kind of thing. And I used to be pretty involved in such and was studying it and doing different types of spiritual "testing" with my sister in law and Elvis also.
I stopped doing certain kinds of things because it wasn't something I personally wanted to get into or practice.
I guess I'm selfish or something, but I didn't want to have that kind of commitment to others. I guess I was not born to serve the masses as was Elvis. He loved it and I felt it required too much from me emotionally.
So, anyway, again I have gone on for too long. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:05 pm 
Pharaoah

I have a question. What does 'penetacostal' stand for? I heard this being mentioned in the documentary of Elvis' gospel music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

i saw him standing at the end of my bed in a blue costume..
i can smell him and feel him standing next to me and sometimes he comes in a dream or vision as a 'teacher'

kira

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
What does 'penetacostal' stand for?

"Pentacostal" is a branch of evangelical Christianity which believes in the Bible as the inspired Word of God, in the gifts of the Spirit for today--i.e. healing, and in rhythmic music and dancing.

I was immersed in it in the 80's & 90's but from what I've read has tamed down with regard to the dancing compared to Elvis' day. It was still relaxed in the churches I went to but there was very little real dancing. I think in Elvis' day it was much more rockin' & rollin' so to speak, and so they were often called holy roller churches.

Wanda is only 5 years younger than Elvis I believe, so she would be able to better tell you what it was like in Elvis' day.

Post subject: The olden days church
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, when I was going to church 3 times a week and twice on Sunday- our church was very strict as were many like it. Pentecostal/ Assembly of God was the offical church name. We females were not to wear makeup, lipstick of any kind and it was far better if we had long hair as it was our glory and a covering etc: and we were frowned on for wearing long pants (mens clothing) and wouldn't be allowed in church if we didn't have on skirts/dresses.
We had to have our hem line at least 3 inches below the knee also-though we younger girls cheated a bit there...
the ones my stepmom made me were right on though.
If we wore pull over sweaters we had to wear a blouse under it no "rasins on the cookies" as Suzy laughs and said often about women on tv etc: these days..."they show nearly the whole cookie" She made Elvis just about roll on the floor over the "rasins on the cookies" .
And we had to come to church for revials and then we had youth meetings once a week and we twice a year walked the streets literally passing out invitations to our church to the whole town. It wasn't very big so it didn't take more than a day. We also believed and had to be baptisted in water, submerged-and we believed in the Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues as did Elvis' church. He too, was Assembly of God and though there is a pastor who says now-(I don't think he was Elvis' pastor or anything else from what he's said) Elvis' family didn't come to church hardly ever and were hard living people whose men drank and whose women caroused." Now that I do not buy-not even with a wooden nickle! We also had some lively dancing at rivials going on but our church was small and people could only dance in their pews isles but if they were seeking the Holy Ghost they came down to the front and prayed at the wooden alter benches and some of them danced and fell like they were dead at times. If there weren't men to catch them they'd have cracked heads! I tried to receive the Holy Ghost but never did-and I think it is something that is reserved for special people more than just a teenager who wasn't 100% convinced in what we were being taught at the time. I asked too many questions and as such, couldn't ever commit enough, I guess. But that's okay, I am quite content with my beliefs today and I have read the Bible several times, thanks to Elvis who knew so much I had to hussel to keep up. In case there are those not southern "hussel" means hurry up. I have good and bad memories of going to church-my stepmom became so "devout" it was difficult trying to live up to expectations and I failed pretty often, I guess.]
Whatever, it was her own demons that were driving her and I hope she came to find peace with in before she died. I belileve she did, because she became sweet and mellow after she had a stroke and she dearly loved Elvis, and he took the time to "cultivate" her just as he did everyone he met. He brought smiles and happiness and she got to make him pecan pies-she was an excellent cook-I learned alot from her, she was a kind, decent lady except when she had those spells-thank God they finally went away and left the best for those last years of her life. My dad, half brother and half sister got to see her good side for quite a while. And Elvis helped that too. Wjh

Page 1 of 8 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next