It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 8 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:39 pm 
Pharaoah

Thanks for the explanation, I needed it because Belgium is mainly catholic and I have only seen catholic services.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:26 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Well some things certainly changed by the 80's as far as the Pentacostal movement went, as it was perfectly OK to wear make-up when I went. Some of the churches were OK with women wearing pants too, and the ones that weren't I stayed away from, as I grew up in a very casual semi-rural area, so I was never one for dressing up much..

It was a very positive experience for me, and very different than the formal highly ritualistic church in which I was raised. I did receive the "Spirit" only it wasn't when they said it would happen, but I was alone in my bed, desperately crying out to God. And then, w/o expecting it, I was visited by Jesus. It was in February of 1986, and I cried for hours as this powerful warmth of God's love entered me. And then I understood what Jesus meant when he said he would send the "Comforter".

But, like you Wanda, I too am a questioner of things. And over time I became increasing restless as I came to disagree with a number of the church's interpretations of Scripture. Too much of an independent thinker I guess. But I will never forget what I experienced all those years ago, and that "Presence" remains with me to this day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:18 am 
Site Admin

That's wonderful Laurie! I too, had that kind of an experience as a teenager but didn't ever speak in tongues like the others were-I wasnt the only one who didn't do that, but I wanted the whole thing, you know. I learned that wasn't something that had to happen though so it didn't bother me after a while. I don't know if they do that these days, speak in tongues I mean, but back then it was something not really common but happened more when we had a visiting preacher who came for a revivial meeting thing that lasted a week or so. Then things were "wild" compared to the way they are now. I know they wear makeup and so forth now, but back when I was 13-18 years old, it was a no-no.
We didn't go to school dances either or if we did we did not dance and we were not "into" rock 'n roll music-in fact Elvis was topic No. 1 for about two years running and until he was drafted he rated right up there as having been "spawned by the devil" as one visiting preacher said and turned purple in the face and red too as he ranted and raved about how "evil the forces of rock-n -roll were with that handsome blue eyed child of satan spreading his influence across the land and causing the runiation of our young people". That was one guy I won't forget because he was short, very, very ugly and even his beard didn't help hide those pudgy purple lips and he'd turn so many different colors during his service it was something to see! But he was sincere and I guess believed what he said. I never did understand what it was about that Presley guy that was so awful at that time, especially when I kind of liked some of his songs-Heartbreak Hotel for one -it always made me cry. And I saw some pictures of him, my aunt saw to that- she adored him and I worked at the office she managed in Tulsa. She kept bringing in news papers with his picture in them and magazines and even wanted to take me to his concert in Tulsa but I wouldn't go because I was so into what was being said about him and rock 'n roll. Or maybe somewhere down in my inner being, way back in the corner all alone, was the knowledge that in time...I'd see him later on. He said that once-just about like that and made me laugh. He said nothing is conindence-it all has a purpose and a plan...we can choose right from wrong, but we can't change the way of things that happen around us-sometimes to us-it's all got a reason and up to us to make it right or wrong. That's not his exact words-there were a lot more of them-but that's the gist of it. He was pretty much right on about my life-I did see him-even though I seemed to put it off a while.
Like 8 years! I could have even got back stage with her-her boss was a big shot in Tulsa and ran for mayor and won. I didn't like him, but he was my aunt's "boyfriend" so I had to be nice. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:20 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'd say Elvis paid you a visit Julie!!! To be able to sense his presence; what a blessing. He must have known what a spiritually sensitive person you are. I know we talked about this event at chat. Glad you posted it again because it's a neat story.

I would love it if Elvis showed up in my car for a lift!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:23 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Julie for putting this back up such a wonderful and beautiful experience you had!! Thank you again for sharing it with us!! :D

Thanks,
Fran

Post subject: Julie
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:56 am 
Site Admin

When you least expect it-that's when you will know it. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:31 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, that's right, Wanda.

Julie, I'm sure that it was a beautiful and amazing experience. I'm glad that you had it, because it reinforces your faith in yourself and that's important and useful.

I feel that you'll have the impacts that you need, in whatever form you need. Be sure of that. The experiences that we may have are means to accomplish something, to understand something.

El'vis (and others) are taking care of you, of all of us. We just have to be tunned to him and remember that he is the bridge, not the end in himself. And everything will be fine. :D

A big hunk of Love! :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:15 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

AMEN, MA'M!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:15 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Oh, yes!

Post subject: Re: elvis's presence
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:25 pm 
:( I have to say Sadly that I haven't had any Elvis Dreams or Visitations or have Experienced his Presence in a While, I would Love to. I think he Likes to Sneak up on us Like he use to Sneak Around when he was in his Body! :lol: :D :love:

Page 2 of 8 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next