It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:29 am 
Site Admin

He said many times that the good far out weighed the bad in his life-I used to wonder how he could think that-but he tended to look at the bright side -he said that one reason people aren't happy whether they are rich or not so rich is because they don't look around and have graitude for what they do have-and that he had so much to be happy about, how could he not be grateful and how could he not be happy the way things had turned out. I couldn't argue with that - so I try to do that here, Jimmie hates living in this little mobile home ( I on the other hand love it) it's not a "stick built" house etc: and is small (less cleaning-yea!) and he can't see how great it is to be sitting up here away from everyone and have all this space and nature around us-he just sees that there are weeds to cut, limbs to trim, horses to clean up after and take care of, things needing done every day-but that IS life! That happens no matter where you live...at least our place is nice, quiet, pretty safe, and it's ours to stay as long as we like with no one telling us what we can do. I have been trying to teach him gratitude-it's a slow go-he's a negative type person and has always been so-Elvis on the other hand was not so much-he did get depressed, did see things pretty cut and dried for a long time, but he mellowed some and he was always looking for a way to be happy, make someone else happy-that was the big difference in him and most guys of the Capricorn sign-but see he wasn't supposed to be a true Capricorn...he was born early- and had he been born when the time was up he would have been a Pices Aries cusper with Saggitarius strong too. It could have made a difference in him-he wouldn't have been Elvis as we knew him to be and that would have been a shame! He could have either been a weak kneed kind of guy, a weird one, or a true macho bs type. I like the sweet, gentle and funny guy we had best...not too bad even when he became the Capricorn stuborn, knot headed goat guy either. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:47 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda,

Everything you wrote above is so touching, that I hardly can say anything.
The wonder for such a caring heart expression at such an early age, fills mine with Love for Elvis and for the True Human nature.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:43 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, Sue-Lenora, the old tale about seeing the bottle half full instead of half empty... It's our choice which side to take. To see the bottle half full calls gratitude to our heart. To see it half empty, produces a feeling of desappointment, of loose, of delusion... :roll:

We choose freely. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:25 pm 
Site Admin

maia wrote:
Quote:
It is my singular honor and distinct privilege to have known Elvis Presley. It was also a great pleasure to have worked on his movies as a background singer and later as a contractor, conducting the vocal choirs for his TV specials.

In a business where working with every major star becomes commonplace, I could never quite discern my feelings of overwhelming emotion around Elvis. In reviewing the passing parade of personal memories of him, I'm once again filled with a sense of awe and wonder at such a worldly innocent whose primary thought was of pleasing, helping, healing, soothing and uplifting those around him; a man whos blessed everyone by his mere prsence; a man so open, honest, and trusting that he was completely blind to the evil intent of others.

My lasting impression is of a man whose generosity was without limitation. As a child suffering the sting of depression poverty, he insisted upon giving away his most prized possession. The giving never stopped. It was his way of letting you know that you were the most special person in the world--to him and to God.

It was for his love of all people everywhere that he dedicated his work and for the last time, he gave his most prized possession...his life. And the giving continues.

In admiration and gratitude, B.J. Baker

WOW!! :D This sweet lady really described Elvis to an "E" with everything she said. :D (I know the saying is that you "describe someone to a "T" but I decided to take some literary license and change the saying a litle bit to suit Elvis :wink:) Thank you for sharing this with us Maia. :D She really put the many things my heart feels about Elvis so beautifully here. :D You know, once again Elvis is right! :wink: Nowadays people don't take the time to look around and have gratitude for what they DO have, but rather spend their time focusing on all the things they DON'T have. I've always felt that appreciating all the little things in life or being greatful for the things you do have will bring about the greatest and richest blessings in return. :D Wanda thank you so much for the very sweet stories you shared with us about Elvis and his extremely generous heart which started at such a precious young age and for his thoughts on life. :D It stirred such LOVE in my heart and soul. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:34 pm 
Owl

Wanda June Hill wrote:
He said many times that the good far out weighed the bad in his life-I used to wonder how he could think that-but he tended to look at the bright side -he said that one reason people aren't happy whether they are rich or not so rich is because they don't look around and have graitude for what they do have-and that he had so much to be happy about, how could he not be grateful and how could he not be happy the way things had turned out. I couldn't argue with that - so I try to do that here... wjh

Dearest Wanda,

What you say is so filled with love, so understanding, what a wonderful friend you are. Thank you for sharing.

With all these years having past, do you think with your extra life experience now, that there is more you could do? Something we can apply to our lives, now?

With love,
Kimmi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:26 pm 
Site Admin

There is always more people can do, it just depends on the person and their circumstances. My friend Suzy spent her life doing for other people, always there for them including for us and now, I guess it's my turn to be there for her and in a weird way, I am also "being there" for some other people at the retirement center where she lives now. It's like a big nice hotel, with small apartments for individuals who can still live alone in their own space with some supervision and another side for those who need constant care and supervision...I hope she will never have to go there as it would be so confining for her, being one who has always been on the go and out with folks. Anyway, in that small way, I am doing what I can-at this point in my life it's about all I can do as I have problems physically that hinder though are not "life threatening" etc:. I see things more that need to be done, but I'm not the one to do them anymore. I have slowed down and like being at home most of the time. I guess that I am doing what was intended-it feels okay so I'm going to stick with it. ELC members are so giving and caring, we are all a like in that way and that must be what attracts us to Elvis as well-he was so much so too. He was a good example in many ways, some good for him, some not so as he tended to over do and drain himself many times-and pay the price. But that was what he chose and that's what we all have to do-choose and stick with it...but if it's too much, we have to also decide the value of "sticking with it". For none of us can ever hold up for long when we over do.
Thats a hard lesson to learn-getting older brings it home! wjh

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2