It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:41 am 
Site Admin

I wish that Elvis could have always had people around him who were not "in their own thing, controling and demanding this and that if etc:"
because he did his best work when he had other people, not connected to his group or the Col. there to work with him, to let him do his thing and encourage him to be doing his thing without styming his talent and abilities. Elvis needed that, to have "freedom" and some direction to what would be good for him-he was so confinded, so consummed by his friends, management and all the rest who told him what to do, as he put it, that he couldn't help feeling as if he was in some kind of "fruit jar like a captured firefly" as one person put it who had been present at a session doing background singing. It was a woman singer who did some work on records with him. She thought he was a "beautiful light in the world" and he didn't get to shine very often in the way he was born to do. I liked her discription so I remembered it and had it jotted down. It fits here with the above remembrance of those who did let his "light shine" for those brief days, and helped him get some of his best material out there. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:59 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
...as he put it, that he couldn't help feeling as if he was in some kind of "fruit jar like a captured firefly" as one person put it who had been present at a session doing background singing.

If he shined as much as he did feeling this way, just imagine what could happen in total freedom: HE WOULD HAVE BLINDED US WITH SO MUCH LIGHT! Pheeew...! It would have been too much, for the time being... :roll:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]