It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I took the hint when he closed his world around him; I didn't try to invade his privacy. I'm so glad I didn't, either, because so many of his old friends were embarrassed so badly when they were turned away at Graceland.

I'M ABOUT 99.999% SURE ELVIS NEVER KNEW THEY WERE THERE! THEY DID THIS TO HIM ALL THE TIME. HE WAS SITTING THERE ALONE - GRACELAND, LA, LAS VEGAS WAITING FOR FRIENDS TO COME AND SEE HIM...EVEN ONES HE INVITED PERSONALLY. HE WAS TOLD NO ONE SHOWED UP. SINCE THESE PEOPLE FELT HE HAD GIVEN THEM THE BRUSH, THEY WERE TOO EMBARRASSED AND HURT TO EVER MENTION IT TO HIM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:11 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

So it sounds like so many of Elvis' friends thought he was turning them away, when it was actually the MM. Just makes my heart sad. Poor Elvis. To be surrounded by such self-serving turkies. Elvis trusted them as employees & friends and they took advantage of that trust by trying to keep him isolated. I can't believe they got away with it for so long. I gather Elvis never knew or found out that they were doing this??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:30 am 
Site Admin

I think he was beginning to figure things out, toward the last year-he said he didn't know who he could trust, there were new guys around, he didn't have anything in common with them, they didn't know his past history, etc: he couldn't relate with them etc;. He said he didn't have any real friends, they only stayed because he paid them-maybe they always had etc:. and that he felt "alone" more than anything else-that he was some kind of "freak" and maybe not really "human" like other people. Just weird comments, sometimes unconnected to what the coversation was at the time-I felt so sorry for him at times, he'd say bye-bye and I'd hang up and cry out of frustration and not knowing what to do to make his life better-I wanted so much to tell him his so called friends were "ripping him off", "gloating about it" and planning how further to do more of it...and that he was being used, abused and accused by them-certain ones-but I couldn't do it. How could I prove it to him?
And he required proof-though now I think he might have listened and maybe checked it out. The saddest thing is that he needed them to continue doing what he loved-performing for the people "who never let me down" he'd say. He was and did fulfill his purpose while here, and most of the time he had fun doing it. And he's free now, to do whatever he chooses, I believe that. wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]