It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Susan Anton remembering Elvis
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:27 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

When Susan Anton was asked to join the touring company of “All Shook Up,” which arrives at the Opera House on Tuesday, she didn’t hesitate.

“I’m 50-plus and they offered me the part of the hottie. I said ‘Thank you very much, I’m there’,” she says with a laugh.

Anton, who became a celebrity in the ’70s, is no stranger to theater, having starred in the original company of “The Will Rogers Follies,” performed in Vegas for several years with her own band and just finished a long run of “Hairspray.” But she has a special connection to “All Shook Up,” which features songs made famous by Elvis Presley.

“I knew Elvis,” she says, “but not in the biblical sense, no. When I was first starting out in Vegas and he ruled the town, he and I were both backstage after a Tom Jones concert. It was getting late and things were winding down and he sat down on a little stool and read to me from Kahlil Gibran’s ‘The Prophet.’ He told me it was important because it dealt with people’s spiritual life. What amazed me was that as he read, he followed the lines of the sentences with his finger like a child. And I thought, ‘He’s just a sweet boy, a prisoner of his fame.’ ”

- tbyrne@bostonherald.com (from ElvisFind.com)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: "A sweet boy...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

She nailed that one right.... Elvis liked her, thought she was a beautiful woman and intelligent... shows in her decision stay light.... regarding "biblical sense". wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Reading
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:11 pm 
Site Admin

Going back to Susan Anton's memories of Elvis reading to her and following the line with his finger as he read and thinking he was "just a little boy trapped by fame"-he did that when studying his script the first day I met him-and I watched his hands, noting how graceful his fingers were, long, slim and tapered on the ends with the bruised spots, nail that was black from some hit or smashed finger and the calloused patches on knuckles and sides of palms. And of course the bitten back nails...
he tried his whole life to break that habit and I think the only time he was able to was when he was first married-for a few years-then back to chewing them down again.
Lisa does it also...must be a family trait??? wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:35 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thinking of Elvis wanting this beautiful lady to know about his book "The Prophet", makes me smile, because I'm the same kind. When I discover something that I feel of value, I tend to explain it to others at lenght and with some kind of passion to pass it. :oops:

Later, Elvis signed the book and gave it to her (she explains later in the interview). She says that she keeps it like a treasure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Yes Amanda, there are some things about your posts that remind me of him...passion, desire to help, soothe, comfort and do good for others-interest in learning and sharing...lots of them. And others on her have some of the same traits-that's why everyone meshes so well, what we lack, another has and they join forces. I am glad Susan Anton spoke of him, he mentioned knowing her, liking her warm brown eyes as he put it and saying she was a smart foxy lady...and he commented that she was a "hellova a looker" she had those long legs...wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:44 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

that's why everyone meshes so well, what we lack, another has and they join forces.[quote]

That's exactly the way I feel, Wanda. Image ImageImage ImageImageImageImage

We were brought here by the calling of Elvis love. We are all harmonized as a whole, but still growing. I believe that we reflect as a group what the Creation is about in its expression: the multiplicity in Unity. Each one unique and different, yet all with something in commun.

I wish I had Elvis' sense of music right now, to be able to sing to the beauty of Creation, the way I'm just feeling it in my heart. As it was his gift, not mine, I'll put on the player "Life", that song that you like specially Wanda, and Elvis will put his part to the whole, even Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:35 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:04 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Amanda, your quote by Sue is so powerful, that it was confirmed three times!!! Right so!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:47 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:P :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:15 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Image Sue, with lots of friendly Love.

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next