It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: James Burton on "Elvis Presley in Concert"
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:20 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

"It's amazing," Burton says. "You can see what it would have been really like when he sang Love Me Tender. You see, when I'm onstage, I can just close my eyes and I feel him, I close my eyes and play and I can feel him there, you know; he's singing and I'm playing, and it's like he's there."

(Guitarrist James Burton talking about "Elvis Presley in Concert").

Well, I bet he is there! :wink: :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:00 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It seems Elvis' presence is still with Jim Burton on stage (& I would presume the others there as well), as if his aura is reaching across dimenions and is still touching the band members. Or perhaps Elvis' own powerful essence imprinted itself on the band members so strongly that the connection still remains to this day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:46 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Laurie,

I think that you put there a very significative question. I see it like this:

Everything IS at the same time. The situation of "Elvis Presley in Concert" triggered for James Burton (and anyone else) the perception of Elvis. This is my understanding of it at my present moment. 8)

From that way of viewing things, I can't help remembering all the friends here that WE already ARE. I truly believe this. Having that perception changes so much the meaning of it all... and helps very much to trust in ourselves. :wink: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:12 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Everything IS at the same time.

With thought we can not comprehend this statement of yours, Amanda.
But it is still TRUE!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, Christine, I think you are so right.

Some things can not be known by thought, but for an inner sense. Can't be analyzed at all with the current line of thinking. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:32 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

The past, the present, & the future --- they are all one in the same, together as one. Is that what you are saying Amanda?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:00 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

In some aspect, yes Laurie, because time as we live it, sets a linear way of thinking and viewing ourselves: A + B = C It uses only what we already know, (what we were taught about what things are), combining and re-combining it.

So, it seems that we were not, came to life, transit for it and then desappear. A plain existence. An accumulation of events. There, the essence of Life is lost. To me, a spiral would explain some more about Life, than a line. And a sphere, too. Never a line.

The awareness of BEING I'm talking about comes from an inner central source. It "feeds" the meaning of this plane of reality, making sense of everything we live, connecting it to some wider planes and to the totality, the ONENESS.

If we don't develop a way to connect with it, we are like a little child lost in the middle of a forest. We may try to survive, without understanding anything that happens to us. Only pain and fear are left.

Well, this is more or less a piece of my approach. I'm sorry if it is too heavy or dull. You know, usual language do not help a bit. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:10 pm 
Site Admin

Amanda I think what you said is right on and inspired inner source knowledge. I hadn't thought of it that way before, not in that simple and straightforward connected sense. It's true, you have it laid out plainly and it is true-I think you and he were on the same "wave length" as he tried to get that thought out to but never so clear and concisely as you have here. Thank you very much for your efforts and you're understanding and use of the English language is pretty darn good!
I know and understand what James B. is saying, he knew Elvis so well, working with him, watching and studying him so he'd catch every thing, every cue and even be able to second guess him at times - he had to have been able to "touch" the man...not just the entertainer to do that...Elvis was as he said, first a human being, then a man and then an entertainer...he knew what he was and how they fit together and James was tuned to that also. I can have him "here" like that but mostly not his physical form...it's his voice in my head because that is what I had the most of...his voice, thoughts and laughter...so that is my memory of him the most. Though I do "see" him on stage when certain songs play, I remember the moves he did, etc: and I can easily see James picturing all that too...he was with him so much-hours and hours for days on end and what a reel of "film in his head" that must be! It wouuld be wonderful if science does find a way to put people's memories on film-transfer them some way-...that would sure be great in Elvis' case anyway-to have it for all time and for ever. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:36 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
and I can easily see James picturing all that too...he was with him so much-hours and hours for days on end and what a reel of "film in his head" that must be! It wouuld be wonderful if science does find a way to put people's memories on film-transfer them some way-...that would sure be great in Elvis' case anyway-to have it for all time and for ever. wjh

Wanda, I think everything that ever happened in the universe from the very beginning has been "recorded" in the Akashic Chronic by God.

Paramahansa Yogananda once wrote to his disciple
"I saw a vision in Bareilly, my home thirty years ago. ...I saw everyone, every thing, just as they were before-my dead relatives and dead friends loomed up and spectre-like walked in bright daylight. What a stupendous scene! God can show us all we miss from the past, and also yet-to-be films not yet shown in the movie house of life."

So we can replay everything we want.... we only have to learn to tune in and find the "Play"-button ...through development of our spiritual
faculties.

There is no limit of possibilities... :roll: :D

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:21 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Please, excuse me if I pick this below, but I can't help feeling very honored and heart-warmed by it Wanda, specially because it comes from you:

Quote:
I think you and he were on the same "wave length"

Christine said:

"So we can replay everything we want.... we only have to learn to tune in and find the "Play"-button ..."

I think it so true. I had an experience of the kind, many, many years ago, while being in some ancient Greek-Roman ruins at the meditarranean coast (Ampurias). It was empty, except for my husband and our two children. I was under a big tree, trying to "desappear" as a presence there, in order to capture better the essence of the site. Suddenly, I heard voices of numerous people talking. I followed the sound and came to the place that was signaled as the "agora" (kind of marketplace). Of course, nobody was there. Shaken, I ran to look for my family, about 300 meters away. Together, we confimed there was no one around. It was easy to see, because we were on the top of a hill.

Page 1 of 3 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next