It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 4 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Elvis' friend Tarry Westley, talks about his friend.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:02 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

"A story few people know about Presley is that he always bought the first ticket to all of his shows. He did not know if that was superstition, or more of a reflection of growing up poor and a reminder of where he came from."

[url]http://www.abilene-rc.com/NF/omf/abilene/news_story.html?[rkey=0008712+[cr=rc[/url]

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:00 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:12 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Amanda for sharing!

Elvis also always made sure that the tickets for his concerts were available for a reasonable price, so also the poorer people who could normally not attend concerts, were able to attend HIS...

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Elvis also bought tickets for people he knew who couldn't come otherwise. He arranged several times to do this with the help of friends, us a couple of times and then we gave the tickets to the people he wanted to have them-they were all ages, but all of them not able to buy tickets, most included their family members if they had kids. The first time we went to Vegas he paid for 16 tickets, we had a whole table on the first row of tables just behind the booths and right at the middle of the first risers we had stage level views and it was great-perfect to see plus we had opera glasses and got a good look at him too, exept 9 year old Starla whipped them from my hands and kept them through the whole show-she wanted to SEE her Elvis! The kid never said a word, just kept them glued to her head and on him! It was funny. He paid for our dinner, 16 people, he paid for 4 rooms on the 26th floor not far from his, he paid for room service but we didn't get anything, some did though. It cost him a small fortune I know. Plus he gave us all $100 gambling money and for the kids $100 to go to some of the other places in town for kids...theirs to spend. He did that a second time, but we just went with relatives two adults, and as we didn't feel right for him to spend so much on us. We had a good time, good seats and ate elsewhere and at the big brunch they had at the International. When it became the Hilton it got more expensive and wasn't as good food wise. But Elvis was super always. He was surprised when I gave him back money the second time-he couldn't say anything as there were strangers right there waiting to get to him =he was behind his roped off section in the hallway near his rooms. The look on his face was priceless and he stammered, then said, very quietly, Thank you honey and handed the envelope behind him to I think it was Sonny at the time...who gave it to one of the others in the room. Elvis never mentioned it again, I didn't either.
I think it kind of embarrased him or touched him where he didn't want to be touched much...? It was not that much, only about 200.00 but we just didn't want him doing those kinds of things-he did it for so many people and we could pay our own way when so many couldn't.
Anyway, we felt better...and paid our way from then on.
Elvis just tried so hard to be all things for all people...it's no wonder he wore out. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:50 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda,

I'm wordless. More I know about his intentions and his acts, more I'm amazed and perplexed. How could Elvis take on account so many loving and caring details, toward so many different people? Not only thinking of it, but bringing it to fact!

I have "seen" his expression when you gave him back the envelope with the money. It must have been perplexing for him (too) and had to take time to understand that action of yours. Just imagine him thinking about it, his heart warmed by it.

I'm sure you broke his schemes many times. So refreshing for him!

Loved too the idea of your 9 yeas old Starla, glued to the binoculars to see her Elvis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:13 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you Amanda for providing the quote and the link re Terry Westley and his reflections on Elvis, and to you Wanda always for those memories. Elvis was continually thinking of others.

Here is another quote in that same link/article which I thought worth presenting:
Quote:
Whenever he makes presentations he also noted that he also tries to dispel stories that Elvis was a heavy drug user. He said that Presley had a sleeping sickness and did take prescribed medication for it. He may have struggled with some of the problems associated with his sleeping sickness, but Westley said when he was around Presley he was always in control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:36 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Laurie.

That gentleman is defending Elvis in everything he says, with a lot of love.

Post subject: First timer on elvislightedcan.free-forums.org
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:20 am 
Tiger

Sweet website , I hadn't noticed elvislightedcan.free-forums.org before till my wife told me about it.
Keep up the great work! I will be contributing more at elvislightedcan.free-forums.org

Looking forward to some good experiences here at elvislightedcan.free-forums.org

:-)

Post subject: Re: Elvis' friend Tarry Westley, talks about his friend.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:45 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: My Name is Rose-Lyn, it is so Great to Meet you. I know it seems there is a lot to read here at ELC, but if you take your Time. Believe me once you start to read, you won't what to Stop. You are going to get to know Elvis Presley in a Whole Different way from his Spiritual Side, and from the Human Side. So Enjoy and Please Come Back Often. :love:

Post subject: Re: Elvis' friend Tarry Westley, talks about his friend.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:56 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Hi! Great to meet you and welcome! Have a great time and take all the time you need at ELC! :) :D :hello:

Page 1 of 4 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next