It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 4 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Elvis' friend Tarry Westley, talks about his friend.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:20 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes, Elvis is so much part of our daily life (even in other language countries like Spain is), that it has become "natural" to hear him singing in a recently made motion picture, or having his music on radio, or hearing some reference of him in some conversation between musicians... etc. It moves me very often... :cry:

Yet there's a part of that memory of him that doesn't make justice to the true Elvis: it is the cultural stereotype many have made of him. It is one reason to appreciate even more the work ELC and Wanda's books have been doing to bring out a much more total approachment to the great human being he was/is...

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

and those many books by people who worked with him, who met him through his work, or theirs and those whom he befriended and who knew him off stage and away from the movie sets. So very many people have come forth and tell about the same guy that me, my family and other friends we met through and with Elvis' help, have remembered in books. We saw a different man so often, when
compared to those books by some of this other friends, male mostly. I don't know why the view is so different... to my knowledge, he was pretty much the same
guy and that is what many other people say also. Thank heaven for those who
have come forth and written about their experiences... it was a pretty "cold world" back when it was just Ed Parker and me out there trying to put a "dent" into that barrage of stuff circulating the air waves... and it's still "out there"
with a lot of people buying into it... one day though, things will change. wjh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:43 pm 
Owl

I hope your right, Wanda. That is what I wish more than anything. That the general public will have a more accurate and more compassionate view of him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:28 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
... it was a pretty "cold world" back when it was just Ed Parker and me out there trying to put a "dent" into that barrage of stuff circulating the air waves... wjh

Yes, it had to be very hard. It must have taken a lot of strength to go against that wave... Of course, true love has that power and it's evident that Ed Parker and you, Wanda, really loved that human being and acted the same Elvis would do to defend you... endlessly! :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:50 am 
Flame

Wanda - I think that Elvis was not embarassed when you gave him back the money, rather surprised and touched. Surely that didn't happened often. He was inured that people take all what he gave to them. So it must have been a real surprise when somebody gave him back and I'm sure, this touched him a lot.

Often I wonder that nearly all people who worked with him or knew him say all the same about Elvis:
He was a very kind, loving, humble, funny, generous, polite, down to earth-guy, but people who worked for him made different, not so "nice" statements - in contrast to all people who not in his inner circle.
I don't understand why fans couldn't see the reason and their motives of this so-called "friends". I own a lot of books, written about Elvis but very few with the truth. One of this very rare books is from Ed Parker.

Everybody mentioned that he was just gorgeous - the way he looked. But people
forget that real beauty is not only in the eye of the beholder but come from inside too. And his beauty came from inside - because he had such a beautiful soul and his eyes were the mirrow of his soul.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:49 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: It is so Refreshing to see these New Members, Getting to Know The True Elvis. The one thing that as always gotten me is if you just Look how Elvis Carried himself, he never acted Better then anyone. He Never Ignored anyone that came up to him, so to me this should have been enough to know the Type of Person Elvis was. :hug:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yes Rose-Lyn, I agree! New members are always good news! :P

WELCOME, camillevellez and AngelEyes! :hug:

I sure wish you may find as much friendship and inspiration as I found here more than 4 years ago...! Certainly, each new member brings along a singular and unique energy that adds to the total "Field of Roses" (a name Elvis signalled through Maia's channeling). And it is of course, a field of blue roses! :D I'm glad that you have come on board and hope to come to know you better! :hello:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Yes it is So Great to see these New Members Amanda, and I hiope More will be Joining! :love:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, I hope that we will have members who post and who are not here to sell or purchase something. This is a spiritual site, where members can express their thoughts, feelings and hopes if they wish to do so. It is based on the life of Elvis Presley, who was generous, loving and kind, thoughtful and who believed in caring for one another, saying that we are all one big family, the human family and we share this world together. He prayed daily, knelt on his knees and sought guidance for himself and for his fellow human beings. If he saw a need, he tried to be of service in some way to fulfill that need, and he asked nothing in return
except that those persons he helped would be happy. All of us have needs,
and sometimes we can't fulfill them, money and jobs are few and things are not
so good for millions of people around the world, and also here in the United States where jobs have become few, millions out of work, losing homes and not knowing how they are going to make it, and with a little time, they will; it will come back but never like it used to be. those days are gone-it's a new beginning.
Countries are changing rapidly, the new technical age of computers and other communication devices has brought the world and it's countries right "next door" as neighbors. It's hard to adjust, difficult to get through all the new ideas and
differences of so many people from all walks of life and of all religions...but we
are all family, the family of the Earth and we will learn to care and to take care
of each other. It's part of the plan, and like all plans, it takes time, things
have to be tweaked this way and that, and then finally, it all comes together
as it should. God bless our world, and all of it's people and it's wildlife living here. Amen
wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:03 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Yes, I hope that we will have members who post and who are not here to sell or purchase something. This is a spiritual site, where members can express their thoughts, feelings and hopes if they wish to do so. It is based on the life of Elvis Presley, who was generous, loving and kind, thoughtful and who believed in caring for one another, saying that we are all one big family, the human family and we share this world together. He prayed daily, knelt on his knees and sought guidance for himself and for his fellow human beings. If he saw a need, he tried to be of service in some way to fulfill that need, and he asked nothing in return
except that those persons he helped would be happy....................................

.................It's hard to adjust, difficult to get through all the new ideas and differences of so many people from all walks of life and of all religions...but we are all family, the family of the Earth and we will learn to care and to take care of each other. It's part of the plan, and like all plans, it takes time, things have to be tweaked this way and that, and then finally, it all comes together as it should. God bless our world, and all of it's people and it's wildlife living here. Amen
wjh

AMEN, AND SO IT IS!

Each one of us has the individual responsability to add to that needed change in any way we may think of, holding unto positive emotions, thoughts and acts. We always have options in front of us, we only have to pick the one that adds to the global wellbeing, 'cause we humans are ONE, living in a single planetary home. LOVE is always the best path to follow.

:hug:

Page 3 of 4 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next