Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:07 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

THANK YOU FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL POST, SUE

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:56 pm 
Site Admin

The above quotes (as they are compiled above) come from Blue Star Love and can be found on the ELC site on the "Tributes" page.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:49 pm 
O TO HAVE EXPERIENCED THE JOY AND AWE! OF ELVIS, AND I HAVE SEEN PEOPLE FACES ON CONCERT CLIPS HOW POEPLE WERE IN A TRANCE LIKE STATE WATCHING ELVIS. FairyTale!

Post subject: concerts
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

That's true FairyTale, we were all that way, maybe some not so obvious but afterward, when we saw the pictures that were taken, we saw things we hadn't even realized in those pictures, such as how he looked, felt etc: and yet when he was on that stage, we didn't notice anything but it's ELVIS! And he always looked fantastic walking out...he could turn that on boy, and yet he would be nervous and even shy but when he walked out-no matter which direction he came from, it was the same-he looked like a "god" for sure. And in Vegas when he came out-always from the right side looking at the stage from the audience-he walked out and was 9 feet tall and glowing even wearing black! He looked like a glorius doll or something that had just been made and was brand new every time. Every hair in place, spotless, perfect in every way...it was amazing to say the least.
Even from the stage edge and we had to look up to see him then, he still looked great...and close up, well, what can one say about that-perfect I guess is the word. He always had nice breath too...don't know how he managed that either...maybe there was something in the water he drank that kept that under control??? One time he had sipped a martini someone offered him and though he didn't make a face I thought he was going to...he thanked them instead and didn't sip again! But right after that he was pretty close and blew air at me...when I wouldn't stand up to try to reach him...and he had nice breath! That was the night he wiped sweat off with one lady's napkin then handed it to me with a look that said take it damn it-I did, and handed him mine and he wiped again and gave her my napkin. I still have "her" napkin in my safe and it has his sweat stains on it and that night upstairs he autographed it for me.
It's pale pink. I'll e-mail you a picture of it now that I just made some-maybe you can put it on ELC somewhere?
If you think they'd like to see it. The scarf I'll send it too
It's a beautiful emerald green-he gave one away, saw me then went to get another, Charlie handed him a white one, he said not that one, the green one and so he brought it over and teased me with it of course. He knew my birthstone was emerald and I liked green...what a guy! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:06 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda, I'd be happy to post the pink napkin & green scarf for you, if Fairytale is not able to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I'll e-mail you a picture of it now that I just made some-maybe you can put it on ELC somewhere? If you think they'd like to see it. The scarf I'll send it too.

Wanda, if you send these photos to me, I'll put them up on your pages on the ELC website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

Okay, I just thought the members would like to see them but I guess if they were on the site, more would-I sent them to Joe and a few other things so he could check out the signature and the script-it's obvious who wrote it all... We are going to do the interview soon too-and it will go into a magazine in Europe right away-he is so cool and such a nice guy-Elvis would have liked him-and been amazed at his collection for sure! w
Thank you Maia, I know how busy you are making the fantastic flashes and all the rest that you do!!! you know don't you, that using the brain burns more calories than doing physical exercise? That's been proven by scientific testing~ eat more! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

I'll post here when they are up! I am creating a photo album for you, Wanda...of actual items that Elvis gave you...some more maybe? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

I'll try to get some photo's of the ring since it won't copy the emeralds-they come out black! And the indian bracelet and rings I have-the bracelet was his own, he bent it and nearly broke it making it fit my wrist so I never wore it as it had to be repaired and was finally much later. And maybe I can get Starla to let me get her horseshoe ring too-it was one of his-he gave it to another woman, who when she was dying, had her lawyer make up a letter giving the ring to Starla who she had seen performing and bought one of her records and had our book. She willed the ring to Starla-so she has the letter and the ring verifying where it came from. It has honking sized diamonds, a horse head hanging over a fence he had put on the ring as it was worn so much and had hung up on something and nearly split the band so he had it beefed up, a fence put between the shoe points and eagles on the sides of the ring...it's big and heavy and we need to have it apparaised no doubt. It's in the firesafe-but still. And if I can find the garnet bracelet and necklace-she has it too, I can get pictures of those. I wore those and the turquoise ring when I did tv shows and they looked great on tv...they always wowed the interviewers too. The garnets are like an inch wide and an inch and a 1/4 long and there are 5 of them on the bracelet-the necklace is an inch and a half long and an inch wide. I can't imagine what he paid for them...or why he bought them for me...if he did-he may have just bought them and then decided who to give them to? I used to wear that cranberry color clothing alot-so maybe that was why he gave them to me-and I also wore green quite a bit-for my hair color wouldn't go with just any thing...now I wear blue and black alot and sometimes some greens... Anyway, I don't have a lot of stuff, but what I do have is priceless to me...even the silver compact with a rose engraved on it is my pet one-it was the first thing he gave me...there was a dime inside it-and his new phone number that had been changed so I could call him...on his dime...he said. It was a compact with a really nice clear mirror and a place for pancake make up and pad. I used it a lot. And then I somewhere have the white gold ink pen with a set in the top, a garnet I think that was his pen...I was using it for something and then he was gone, I put it in my purse and forgot to return it...so I kept it...later I told him I had it and he said, okay, keep it I don't use it much, it leaks. And he laughed...saying I may find a surprise in my purse-it didn't leak and so far it never did-I think he just said that or else maybe he didn't have it turned down tight enough. It's one of those old bladder kind of ink pens-I don't know if you can still buy them or not. It had a gold point and was wide and so smooth to use.
He liked the ball point one that with with it better-didn't have to worry about the ink leaking etc;. Anyway I do have a few things...and I think maybe you can post the letter " Free Again" as it says so much too... I'll e mail it to you and you won't have to go looking for it. I found a chart of his concerts year by year and looked to see when he was playing Providence-that was in June of 74
when he was saying that he was flying over the way to Boston where they would never let me play before- on the way to Providence. He had played Boston just one time-because it was such a kick for him to do it as they had been so dead against him early on. he never played there again-I think just to "get back at them" for the past-sounds like something he'd do...see, how good I am and you wouldn't let me in your f....in town! So now look what you won't get again! Sounds like him...he'd do it-get even. Anyway, he mentions that in the letter
So that would be interesting I think for people...he talks about being free to date etc;...the marriage is soon over-the divorce soon finale he says...but they never signed those last papers. weird. but he always had hope...silly boy. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:08 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

precious memories for sure

Nadine

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]