It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Saint in Many Ways
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:30 pm 
Site Admin

Letter excerpts: woman spent time with Elvis, writing to Wanda June Hill in 1983. She doesn't give the date of when she was with Elvis, but it was early in the 1950's:

After the show my father and I went backstage to meet him because my father was in charge of concert arrangements. Elvis was very nice. He kissed me on the cheek and held my hand and I was speechless, unable to do anything more than stare at his face, his eyes, his hair and just all of him. He was the mosgt beautiful young man I have ever seen. It was emanating from him, inside-out; and his eyes were glowing so deep, and the kindness in them was incredible. He asked me a question and I didn't hear him. He put his hand on my shoulder and said "Honey ?"
Then I came to from the trance I was in. I said, "Yes, Elvis.Anything." He smiled and said "Could you go outside in the hall and get me a bottle of pop - mabye Pepsi or Coke? I can't go out there-too many people and I'm thirsty adn they have only beer here. I don't drink. If you do, I'll take you to lunch 'n your daddy also."

(they went to lunch) ...we went down to a place that's quite and nobody wout think Elvis would be. We sat in the back and Elvis had a bowl of soup and a beef sandwich, but he didn't finish it all. He said his stomach was too nervous and he had another show to do later that night. He talked to my daddy about his work and other entertainers coming to perform. Then daddy had to get back to work and Elvis said he had to also. He asked my dad if I could go with him to the next concert and my dad said yes, if you keep an eye on her. Elvis promised he would look after me like I was his little sister.

After the show we had a malt and sat in his car drinking it and he told me stories about his hometown and how he always wanted to sing. Soon it was getting late and he and a friend drove me home.

Elvis was such a sweetheart, kind and understanding, and his patience amazed me. He put up with so much, but never changed his attitude or the way he handled the people. He was a saint in many ways. I'll always love him dearly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:49 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

That's a beautiful story about Elvis' early years, very sincere and refreshing!! :)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:25 pm 
Site Admin

Sarena wrote:
That's a beautiful story about Elvis' early years, very sincere and refreshing!! :)

AMEN dear Sarena!! :D The only other thing that came to my mind when reading this was just what a genuinely & truly sweet guy Elvis was. :D He always extended himself to others in sweet and simple ways like offering to take the girl and her daddy to lunch just for her getting him a bottle of pop because there were too many people out in the hall. :D Ya just gotta love him!! :wink: :P :D Sweet Maia thank you so much for posting this for us waaaaay back when and dear Sue thank you so much for bringing it back again for us latecomers. :oops: :wink: :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]