Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Anita Wood interview
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:20 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/intervi ... wood.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Laurie for posting that. Elvis never talked about Anita much, only as one of the girls he was very "fond" of and thought he was maybe in love with, "but it was just a passing thing".... she probably would have left him too, he said once that I recall-and he laughed. That after Pris left him... He lamented the fact that he didn't think he would ever find any one woman who could just love him the man, and not care about the image or not let it get in the way of loving just him. He said, he was just a man, a regular kind of guy and the rest of it was just what "I do-not what I am." Then we discussed how the image made it hard for him to be himself and that it was so "controling" and he "had to be like the image for people so much, sometimes he couldn't stand himself" and at those times he had to do something to get himself back-be alone, talk to somebody outside of it all or lose himself in a good book and be by himself to do it.
He said he had to "talk to himself, make himself listen" at times so he wouldn't forget who he really was and I said who are you really? He said, I'm Glady's and Vernon Presley's only surviving son-who should have died too, but didn't." He thought that he was given a second chance, had a purpose to live up to, was supposed to make people see themselves in a some better way, through his actions or something, he wasn't sure how to explain it other than he was somehow supposed to be an example and he felt he was failing to live up to what he should be and didn't know what to do about it. He thought there was more than just making movies and singing - he wanted more...there had to be more that he could use his talents to accomplish something important. But didn't know what that was yet-maybe he wasn't ready for it-he only hoped he could do something important that would help people, lots of people. I think he did. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

well,he did..that other mission must be what he did to millions of strangers and the right way he lead them toward..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:54 pm 
Sun Dial

Wanda June Hill wrote:
Thanks Laurie for posting that. Elvis never talked about Anita much, only as one of the girls he was very "fond" of and thought he was maybe in love with, "but it was just a passing thing".... she probably would have left him too, he said once that I recall-and he laughed. That after Pris left him... He lamented the fact that he didn't think he would ever find any one woman who could just love him the man, and not care about the image or not let it get in the way of loving just him. He said, he was just a man, a regular kind of guy and the rest of it was just what "I do-not what I am." Then we discussed how the image made it hard for him to be himself and that it was so "controling" and he "had to be like the image for people so much, sometimes he couldn't stand himself" and at those times he had to do something to get himself back-be alone, talk to somebody outside of it all or lose himself in a good book and be by himself to do it.
He said he had to "talk to himself, make himself listen" at times so he wouldn't forget who he really was and I said who are you really? He said, I'm Glady's and Vernon Presley's only surviving son-who should have died too, but didn't." He thought that he was given a second chance, had a purpose to live up to, was supposed to make people see themselves in a some better way, through his actions or something, he wasn't sure how to explain it other than he was somehow supposed to be an example and he felt he was failing to live up to what he should be and didn't know what to do about it. He thought there was more than just making movies and singing - he wanted more...there had to be more that he could use his talents to accomplish something important. But didn't know what that was yet-maybe he wasn't ready for it-he only hoped he could do something important that would help people, lots of people. I think he did. wjh

How True Wanda.... This was thr real Elvis.He is not here to see it but he touching peoples lives today on a big scale and will continue to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:16 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda June Hill wrote:
He thought that he was given a second chance, had a purpose to live up to, was supposed to make people see themselves in a some better way, through his actions or something, he wasn't sure how to explain it other than he was somehow supposed to be an example and he felt he was failing to live up to what he should be and didn't know what to do about it. He thought there was more than just making movies and singing - he wanted more...there had to be more that he could use his talents to accomplish something important. But didn't know what that was yet-maybe he wasn't ready for it-he only hoped he could do something important that would help people, lots of people. I think he did. wjh

Elvis had a burning desire from God in his heart to reach out to others and bless their lives, which is why he felt so empty doing lightweight movies. And that burning desire always remained with him because it was his mission to reach & touch many people. If he had ever become comfortable or had ever felt like he had accomplished his purpose than that burning desire would have fallen away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:10 pm 
Sun Dial

Very true Laurie...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]