Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Larry Geller
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:02 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/gellar.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:41 pm 
Site Admin

Hi, thanks for posting the interview with Larry. Funny thing is that the same night he met Elvis-I was there waiting for that haircut to be done with. The guys were waiting for it to be done with also and were really upset that it went on for hours. There were girls as usual around the gates and I was waiting up Perugia way as it was a U shaped street and Elvis' house was on the left side of the slopping U. I parked up the slope in my little blue MG with the canvas top and waited as I didn't want to wait with the gate girls or hide in the kitchen with the two who were inside the house. There were no women supposed to be there as a "stranger" was coming over and so the guys had certain young women stached outside and down the road waiting in their cars and other places I guess further away. One of them came out and talked to some of the girls, some left as it was getting really late and nothing was happening at Elvis'.
Anyway, it was weird that night. Elvis asked me to come by as he wanted me to have some books that I was supposed to read. So I stopped on my way home from work-and waited and waited until finally the "stranger" left...I went back down to the gate and saw him coming out with his little case in hand-I had no clue who it was. The two girls in the kitchen were complaining about what had been happening in the bathroom for so long! It was funny, one of them nearly threw the other one who was questioning out of the house...I left-I didn't get inside much past the side door anyway and Elvis was busy. I had stayed around because he asked though and finally after Larry left, the guys went and got their women inside, and Elvis came out, called to me to wait and got the books. The other gate hangers had left figuring the "selection for the rest of the night had been made" and Elvis walked me to my car and that's when he kissed me and scared me silly. I was afraid it was all over-if he thought he could make first base with me, if that was his plan then it was over. That scared me...not so much what he did but what his future intentions might be- I didn't want to lose his friendship and all that went with knowing him-it was an exciting life, we enjoyed it and I loved being on the 'inside' of such things as Elvis experienced. But I would not have been his friend if that were his intentions. I don't know to this day what his intentions were-other than he must have been testing...to see if I were thinking of him in that way???? Whatever, he never once mentioned it again, and I didn't either. It didn't happen was how we both decided to look at it. But now I would have liked to known for sure what he was thinking at the time. It was certainly not a brotherly kiss!
And probably one of the few times he was "rejected" in his life! I guess that my "inner being" knew how to handle it and did-whatever, it worked. Anyway, it was funny to read about Larry's haircutting experience. So Elvis too. He needed someone like Larry, he had no one else there who would do what Larry did for him. Larry took crap every day too, from certain other's including Priscilla. Who threw a fit several times because Elvis' time was being used up by Larry-and she was not a part of it-by choice I might say. She didn't like to hear about what he (Elvis) thought or read or believed ever...she just was bored with it all. And finally told him it was all just a bunch of junk and he was being foolish to think and believe in such things. She did try some things with him, like telepathy and so forth, but soon that bored her too. Larry pretty much just confirmed what I had to say except that he didn't see me though I saw him leaving and heard the guys ranting about him being there for so long. They were fit to be tied and I'm sure wished they had bugged the bathroom-which they did bug his rooms later on apparently-he found out and bugged them...I hope that comes out some day. And Larry confirms Elvis' anger with the Col. I don't know if Larry knows it all, the paticulars of it but he knows that Elvis blamed the Col. for what was happening and for making him do the shows-etc:....and I don't know if Larry knows that he had to do them, or why... I will ask him some day...when I can see his face when he answers me. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:35 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

It's so amazing Wanda, to know that you were there waiting for Elvis that day, that special Elvis' kiss' day! It's like a kaleidoscope view of Elvis' life, and yours too.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:07 am 
Site Admin

All I know it was weird. I wanted to go home, almost did several times in fact and would have, except for the simple request he made. "Come by, got the books for you. Wait for me, something I have to do first, okay?"
And I said yes. That's probably not his exact words but close as I can recall. It was simple, and he said "wait for me" as if he might be awhile...he was it was almost 4 hours that I waited. I did leave and go down on Sunset to get something to drink, etc; and then went back. That's why I parked way up the street and to get away from the gate etc:. Bel Air was pretty grown up with landscaping and etc: and it was a circle street on the side of the slope. Quiet except around Elvis' place that actually wasn't that close to his neighbors but still there was the constant traffic and people...and no place to park. My little car took up such a small area there was no problem and when one of the security cars drove by he just waved at me and went on. I thought I'd get asked to move, but nope. People parked way down on other streets and hiked up to Elvis' to hang around waiting for him to leave for work or come home from work. And on weekends too-I think the only time there wasn't anyone around waiting was when he had just moved there and Jimmie's younger brother and I were looking for his house...which we never found thanks to their having turned the street sign around. And one day that I came by early as I knew he was home that day-but it was too early for the usualy group to be there....
and his gates were standing open.
It's funny to think about now, like you said Amanda, it was almost as if it was a "settling of the future" or something like that-not a good description-just the hand of fate at work, I guess. Whatever, thank heaven that was "settled" once and for all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:37 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Jimmie's younger brother and I were looking for his house...which we never found thanks to their having turned the street sign around.

This one is a real good story too. Quite an anticipation for both of you, being atracted to his home, going around and around, like in circles, getting there and while your brother in law dared to go to the door asking for him, without success, you got a glimpse of Elvis through the window.

Who could tell then that you were to be such good friends, all of you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:44 pm 
Site Admin

"There is no such thing as coincendence-there's a plan, bumps along the way sometimes, but it will all turn back to the plan. It ain't conincendence!" Elvis

Why doesn't spell check work on posts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Why doesn't spell check work on posts?

You can be sure Wanda, that I would really appreciate it!! :roll:

And I don't believe in coincidences neither!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]