It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: NEW RAY WALKER INTERVIEW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:56 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Some parts of the Ray Walker interview..

" In 1970 Elvis came back through Nashville after a tour and we did some overdubs to fix up the backing vocals on his Country album because he didn’t like the way it sounded. There were 3 girls with us and the four Jordanaires and we actually recorded that live with him at the big RCA Studio ‘A’. That was a large studio built for concert recordings. We would always come in by the door at the end of the studio room 150 feet from the control room. I had gotten there early and all of a sudden I see this form running towards me. Running really fast! I didn’t get a third of the way in before he ran his arms up under mine and he picked me up and swung me around in a circle. It was Elvis and he says "You know, I’m so glad to see you. Are the other guys coming?" I said "Yep, they’ll be here in a little bit".

One of the guys said that Elvis had been sitting in the control room listening to some playbacks that he was studying and as soon as he saw me coming in the back door he had jumped over the back of the chair that he was sitting on and also this dividing rail and bolted straight through the two doors of the studio to greet me. You talk about being warm-hearted! We never really had the time to capitalise on that but he so respected mankind, his family and close friends.

" That was a great session with ‘A Big Hunk O’ Love’ as well. We were there a little before he arrived. When he walked up they introduced me to him and I shook his hand. We looked at each other and all of a sudden the fame disappeared. I saw a person there that I really liked. The expression on his face showed that he was totally interested in me. I say that because when he spoke to somebody he was totally engulfed in the person in front of him. He made you feel so good about yourself and I could tell right off that he wasn’t looking through me and all of a sudden he didn’t have to be famous. I saw a man there and thought "This man is in for a lot of heartache because he was so tender"
HERE'S THE LINK..
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/interview_raywalker.html

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks, Zey, for the quotes/link.

This part reminds me so much of a little boy, full of a big heart and so much excitement, not holding back.
Quote:
I see this form running towards me. Running really fast! I didn’t get a third of the way in before he ran his arms up under mine and he picked me up and swung me around in a circle.

And Ray was so insightful in saying this:
Quote:
I saw a man there and thought "This man is in for a lot of heartache because he was so tender"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

It's so nice to know there were people like Ray Walker who could see the guy, didn't see the image and loved him....cared about him and appreciated the man, not just Elvis Presley. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:11 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Beautiful and heartwarming!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:28 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Zey! Image

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

Blue Moon wrote:
Thanks, Zey, for the quotes/link.

This part reminds me so much of a little boy, full of a big heart and so much excitement, not holding back.
Quote:
I see this form running towards me. Running really fast! I didn’t get a third of the way in before he ran his arms up under mine and he picked me up and swung me around in a circle.

And Ray was so insightful in saying this:
Quote:
I saw a man there and thought "This man is in for a lot of heartache because he was so tender"

Dearest Laurie my heart echoes all you have said and quoted here! :wink: :D Sweet Zey thank you so very much for posting this heartwarming story for us and my thanks to you also dear Sue for bringing this back as I missed it the first time around. :D :oops: My heart is so thankful that Elvis also knew someone like Ray who liked and cared about the MAN as opposed to the IMAGE like you said dear Wanda. :D :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]