It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Joe Esposito tells of "divine intervention"
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:46 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Joe Esposito is coming out with a new book series entitled "Celebrating Elvis". The first volume is due for release.
I know some of us are concerned that Joe was on two payrolls, Elvis & the Colonel's, but, nevertheless, I found the below excerpt from his upcoming book very interesting!

Quote:
Joe Esposito: The Unit that we were in Germany used to go into the field quite a bit. One night in the winter, Elvis was out on maneuvers as a scout driver and he and the Sergeant decided to pull over to the side to take a little nap. So, they covered the jeep with a tarp and left the motor running so they could warm up to the heat of the engine. So, after awhile they passed out from the carbon monoxide gas, which is as you know, quite deadly. Now, here is the strange part. While Elvis and the Sergeant were lying there unconscious, a really strong wind came and blew the tarp off the jeep. That's what saved their lives. That really happened. They didn't pull the tarp off themselves as so many people believe. As for the tonsillitis, well, he got that because of the extreme cold out on maneuvers. So, he went to the hospital to get that taken care of. So, the story that it was a cover up was not true. However, it is true about the gas and the tarp and everything. But the strangest damn thing about it is that the wind blew the tarp off. Talk about divine intervention.

Source: http://www.celebrateelvis.com/moreinfo2.html

Last edited by Blue Moon on Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:55 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Ther is no doubt that all the heavenly forces were there to protect Elvis and the others!! That Joe clears up the incidence makes me feel grateful and makes him somehow closer...

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:10 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Laurie! This is a good one, indeed. :P

Quote:
That Joe clears up the incidence makes me feel grateful and makes him somehow closer...

I share that feeling with you, Christine. Things really have changed and more will be seen. :wink: :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: Re: Joe Esposito tells of "divine intervention"
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:51 am 
Sun Dial

Wow...And thats not the first time something liike that ( divine intervention) had happened to Elvis.

TCE,
Natalie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:22 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I absolutely see it as divine intervention too. It was no accident that the tarp blew off when it did. Angelic forces were busy at that moment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:24 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Angelic forces were busy at that moment!

I feel like they worked hard in Elvis' behalf through all his lifetime here! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:24 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, I certainly believe in "divine intervention." Simeon in his younger years before I knew him was a rock climber, mountain biker, telemark skier...he taught sking and climbing. He also did windsurfing! He was a busy fella. He has told me story after story of his nearly being KILLED...I mean, by a hair's breadth...not just ONE time, but MANY! He was kind of "wild and crazy" for adventure in those days. Then when spiritual awareness struck, he realized that that was what he had been seeking in the thrills...to feel ALIVE and close to nature and God. Nearly getting taken out by avalanches and grizzly bears will do that. :roll:

But my point here is...he SHOULD be dead. That's just too many close calls for one not to get him. UNLESS he was simply meant to be here for this time on the earth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

Im glad that Joe is telling those things-there were lots of things that Elvis talked about having been like he was "protected". When he was small he and his mom survived a tornado in Tupelo that tore up just about everything and he said he'd never forget seeing a twig shoved into a tree trunk like a sword or something-he saw that when he was older-like 4 or so and was with his uncle and cousins and they showed him the twig embedded in the trunk of a tree. He was impressed.
And then when the brakes went out on his big rv coming down the big bear mountain trails-Elvis was driving and they could have been killed, ran over cars or whatever but he brought it down and managed to avoid killing anyone or wrecking the thing. Like a big bus without brakes barraling down a curving road with a drop off on one side and a mountain on the other! And there are some pretty sharp curves on it as well. He said he wasn't sweating until it was finally stopped on level ground-then he got wet head to toe-I said how did you manage to do that-he said, I prayed. and that was all he'd say about it. He said he was sick as a dog over the tarp event and that they ought to have known better than to do that but didn't occur to them-they were so tired out from manuvers and had some time to kill. He got lots of sore throats from being in the cold so much out in the field and not being able to go inside, spray his throat or get warm. He had lots of wierd things happen in his life-not to mention the wild crowds caving in the top of the car he was in, trying to turn it over, cornering him, ripping off his clothes and skin too, having to sneak out windows, finding a way out through little ones he said, barely could get through-he'd laugh but deep down he had that fear-it had been too close a few times. Then when he ought to have been safe, he enhaled the cap off his tooth! And liked to have been in trouble over the stuff they put him out with-he was alergic to it and I guess they had some trouble bringing him back-that's when he said he went to Heaven and his mom told him he had to go back-it was too soon and she'd come for him when it was time. He said he didnt want to come back-but he had to, so he did. It's a wonder as rough as he liked to play at sports, rollerskating and etc: that he didn't get hurt seriously-devine intervention-you bet! And he admited he believed it, too. I am looking forward to reading Joe's book-and his second one too-I hope that he has come around to being a spiritual soul and that he realizes now, what really happened during all those years working for and with Elvis-he was not just doing a job for an ordiairy singer/actor-Elvis was special, unique and different than most people-there are others with similar specialness about them, but he was unique and one of a kind-never to be repeated again... not in that way. Though I am sure there will be others born who are special in similar ways and who will inspire millions again. But not in our lifetime...not until we are all gone who care about him deeply and who remember.
wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:14 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Wanda, for your interesting and wise comment!!! I surely agree with you! :)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:38 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Elvis was special, unique and different than most people-there are others with similar specialness about them, but he was unique and one of a kind-never to be repeated again... not in that way.

It's so easy to share what you say there Wanda... even with a passion close to yours. Image

I'm certain of divine intervention in our lives. Simeon and Elvis are clair examples of it. Besides, I had enough situations in my own life when nothing but a heavenly help could spare me from death in some precise moments, as to hold on that centainty. Image

Page 1 of 2 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next