It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:46 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

yes Christine I always thought JD was the one,maybe the only one who could have willingly die for Elvis..I love this huge hearted sweet man, sure he is with our boy now..God bless them both..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:17 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

It is so moving the gesture of J.D. protecting Elvis! He was a father figure for Elvis and acted like one.

It is difficult to say, being so far off the time and space when all this happened. Yet, I have the impression Charlie Hodge adored Elvis and would do whatever to protect him.

About the (bad) joke, Christine, I would not bet it was really a joke or a test. :roll:

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:20 am 
Well this just goes to shwo who really and truly Loved Elvis as a Brother and a Friend, not just Faces in the Spot Light and their HAND OUT! FairyTale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:57 am 
Pharaoah

Beauiful poem, elvis and and JD really shared a special friendship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:38 pm 
Such a beautiful tribute...I should've guessed that JD Sumner had it in him to write something so touching. Elvis was wise in picking his heroes...

Also I loved all the thoughts about his honesty. That seems to be a strong theme in the good biographies I've read. Jerry Schilling mentioned how he would love staying up with Elvis talking all night because Elvis "never had any agenda. We might end up laughing or crying." I've always felt that even if Elvis told occasional lies or fibs, he was usually more honest and eloquent about the truth than most people ever learn how to be.

Thank you for sharing this :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:13 am 
Pharaoah

Golden Sky wrote:
Such a beautiful tribute...I should've guessed that JD Sumner had it in him to write something so touching. Elvis was wise in picking his heroes...

Also I loved all the thoughts about his honesty. That seems to be a strong theme in the good biographies I've read. Jerry Schilling mentioned how he would love staying up with Elvis talking all night because Elvis "never had any agenda. We might end up laughing or crying." I've always felt that even if Elvis told occasional lies or fibs, he was usually more honest and eloquent about the truth than most people ever learn how to be.

well said and l agree :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Lindsaygirl wrote:
Golden Sky wrote:

well said and l agree :D

AMEN and I agree too dear Lindsaygirl. :D :D I also agree wholeheartedly with what you said in your previous post about Elvis and JD sharing a very special friendship. :D :D I feel that they also had a very special brotherhood together and connected on a very deep and spiritual level as well. :D :D Their beautiful souls definitely seemed to be connected in song "fer sure!!" :wink: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch-WZdTaeHU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbdIxWbCpI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:15 pm 
Site Admin

Elvis had a deep respect and love for J.D. So much so that he fibbed to him about his health, telling him when he was really sick and it was showing, that he had "taken too many sleeping pills" that made him sick etc:... He told those fibbs and made up stories to cover his health problems to all those he cared about-he even fibbed to me...though I knew a lot...he still felt the need to "protect" me from the truth and because at that moment in time, he couldn't talk about it truthfully and he knew I wouldn't be of much help either, if he broke down. So it's okay, I understand even though it was 30 years before I knew of that "fib". wjh

Post subject: Re: by JD. Sumner "PRESCIOUS MEMORIES"..please read..
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:47 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Bringing back around for anyone who may not have already seen! :) :P :hello: :hug:

Post subject: Re: by JD. Sumner "PRESCIOUS MEMORIES"..please read..
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

He was a very convincing "fibber" when he felt he had to be and those times would be because he was trying to "protect" and shelter loved ones and those he had to "see ever day" when working and he said "at home, sometimes" he never knew who might be downstairs so he'd have to "check it out" so he'd know what to do, "how to act, ya know, so they'd have a good visit or whatever it was..." In later years that was more a problem and he said he sometimes didn't come downstairs because "never know who'd be down there, so sometimes it wasn't worth the effort" and he just stayed upstairs in his rooms...which was okay because he had everything he needed up there and was quite happy up there doing whatever he wanted to do and not be "bothered trying to be "Elvis" for them...".
I would think that JD might have guessed he wasn't doing all that well the last year or so, but then Elvis was a darn good actor when he wanted to be-and he could easily "fake it" as he said he'd done for years... He could have been an oscar winning actor had he been given the opportunity to do better "fims". I believe that.
Elvis had great faith, the abillity to totally believe without question when he found something be be "true" beyond anything doubtful. Like his faith in a Heavenly Father, in the words and actions of Jesus... The faith of a little child looking up at mom or dad and just knowing, "they love me" . That was Elvis-he looked out and glowed with knowing "they love me". He loved right back like a child does when knowing their parent or parents love them the same way.
that made Elvis a good actor...he wasn't acting.

Page 2 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next