It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 3 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: by JD. Sumner "PRESCIOUS MEMORIES"..please read..
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:37 am 
Phoenix

i think a friend of mine sent me a cd of this if i remember right and you are right its beautifull , i have it in my collection i believe, if i can find it, would a few like a copy as i can put it in my pc, unless i already have im not sure, hope you dont mind me saying that ofcourse :D
love always julie sharon rose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:06 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
hope you dont mind me saying that ofcourse

Nah, of course not! :) :P :hello: :hug:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:55 am 
Phoenix

thankee very mucho lol :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:45 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: I know Elvis Tried his Best to Shelter everyone from his Health being bad, but I myself have seen in many Picture's of Elvis where you could see in his Eyes and Face that Something was wrong. So even though he tried to Spare those around him, they still should have seen. :love:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

I know that seems true; sometimes though, when we see people everyday, and lots of things are going on as they did when working in Vegas and on tours, it is possible that people didn't really notice that he looked tired or something "was wrong" because everyone began to look pretty faded after a few days of rehearsal and then doing the shows. Elvis was good at covering for whatever was happening to him, he could go out and work with a spliting headache, and often did. I've seen photos taken of him off stage where he looked great until you looked at his eyes-in one his eyes give good evidence he has been suffering a magraine headache and is about to go out on stage and work with it too. But we hardly saw him at all, so it would be obvious to us-maybe not to those around who saw him daily-even his father was shocked a few times after not seeing him for a few days. Elvis was so worried about his father, he did his best to make sure his dad didn't worry about him and it worked so well that that his dad couldn't accept the fact his son would die of a heart attack-even though both sides of the family had several deaths at an early age-Elvis was one of the youngest but many were in their 40's also. wjh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:29 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: Wanda have you ever heard that Gladys had Hepatitis plus a Bad Heart? I have and I always heard that some Hepatitis are very Contagious, and if Gladys did have the Type she could have Spread. I wonder why Elvis or Vernon didn't get it, I have also Heard that Heart Disease is Hereditary. I know Vernon Died of a Bad Heart, so it isn't that surprising that Elvis also Died of Heart Disease. :love:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, and Elvis spoke of it briefly, he didn't like to talk about it because he would be depressed and a few times he cried and that was late in 76 and 77 when he was not feeling well himself. He was told that he had liver damage-that he might have had the same thing as she, but there are two types of it-one that is not so deadly and the other is milder, people can pick it up eating chips and dips-if somebody had it, they could pass it on- "double dipping" etc:.
I think that Elvis' liver issues were likely due to sleeping pills etc:... and then the stuff he was taking for his inherited colon problems didn't help his liver either. Back then it was steroids and related medications...given for inflamation etc:. He just worked too hard, played to hard and he had a lot of stress just living up to who he thought he ought to be-since he was Elvis etc: and so many expected him to BE Elvis, the image guy. I sure couldn't have handled even 1/4 what he did and he did it so well, it seemed easy for him.
I had a wart on my knee when a teen and then one came up on a finger-it was the kind that was skin colored but it would grow and stick up-so I kept it "filed off" and then a friend came along who said he could "remove warts", it was via a "spell" his great grandmother taught him to get rid of his own. Anyway, he performed the "spell" using a short length of twine, then said something in French and then rubbed the twine over the wart, tied the twine in two knots and gave it to me to put beneath a rock beside a tree. On the 1/4 moon I think, can't remember all of it as it was years and years back! Anyway, the wart began to shrink until it was gone-it has never come back. Soooo, was it a "mental suggestion" and my brain believed it and took care of it? I do not know-but I was glad to get rid of it! I had it when I first met Elvis-it was filed down so it didn't show-he showed me his scars from removal of his own-then said he could remove warts...and licked my finger! I think I turned 40 shades of red, and he got a kick out of that, his eyes danced but he softly chuckled over it and didn't cause a "scene" for me. He did say his warts "bothered him because they were ugly and a few times got "skinned off" and bled a lot when he played football etc:. I think they cut his off/out though now they would freeze them off and that works easily-It was odd, my daughter had one on her knee in the exact same place as mine had been.

It's a beaautiful day...75 degrees and sunny, but wind did blow for a while.
We had an earthquake in LA-near Whitter section, not far from the beach area. It was strong enough we felt it and some after shocks as well. I up graded my earthquake kit today.
take care, love to all,
wjh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:02 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: :lol: I'm with you in Turning 40 Shades of Red if Elvis had ever Licked my Finger to, :P I had one Wart on my Finger that I had Froze off to. So Poor Elvis had to have his Warts Cut out, I bet that didn't feel good at all. I know that Wart or it might have been a Boil I had on my Arm was so Painful and Awful Looking, my Mom was going to have me put in the Hospital to get it off. But my Dad had this Black Stuff in this little Tin Can, that he put on that Bad Boil or Wart I had and it healed it right up. I still have a Little Dent in my arm where that Boil was, so you had yours to come off by this Spell? Hay it might have worked, do you know where in Elvis' Family that Elvis got that Twisted Colon from? I have never heard that his Mom or Dad had it, yes his Bad Liver could have been from the Sleeping Pills and other Medicines he took. But he could of had Hepatitis, also but was never caught. So you had the effects from a Earth Quake? Lord I don't think I could ever live with knowing the Ground might move under me, it is bad enough knowing about Tornadoes. At least you didn't get the Full Force of it,no I don't think the Singers now or even when Elvis was Singing could of Handled the Life of Pressures of Trying to Live a Image Like Elvis did. :love:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

I think the doctors began using freezing to remove warts-which are caused by a virus that gets into the system-warts are usually painless, and are not pretty usually, there are some that are called 'seed warts' because they come apart easily, kids usually have these. Fortunately they are easy to remove these days and don't come back. Mine never came back-It was quick, I noticed it was getting smaller-it almost covered the second joint of my finger-it wasn't noticable when I kept it filed down-and was flesh colored-he wouldn't have seen it had we not been discussing it and I held my hand out when he showed me his scars... Anyway, that was the first time I had a "strange" man lick my finger! How many guys would do something like that the first time they met someone??? Only Elvis, as far as I know---but then I'm sure there are other guys like him in personality in many ways. He was unique-and each one of those guys would be as well. Like Elvis said, he just happened to have "somethin' big reach down and touch me".... My sis in law said he told her that too, but in her case he added, "an' I been touched ever since!" Southern humor...or as she said, "back woods humor". She wasn't from the south-but the midwestern area... and lived in a little town and grew up poor-all Jimmie's family were working people, just as Elvis' family was when he was growing up. He never lost his "touch" with the people he grew up with-that is one of his best qualities-he was one of them no matter what he did for a living.

His colon problems are not uncommon-quite a few people have enlarged colons and are born with what is commonly known as "mega-colon". some have only a partially enlarged area-according to what he said about it, he had a large section that "emptied into a smaller normal sized section-and I guess his colon was twisted or nearly so at the small section shuting off the blood supply which would make that part die off-plus it would just keep getting larger and might even burst... Now I don't know if that is correct-but that's what he said about it...he didn't like to talk about it and I didn't question him. He asked me to look up some things in a medical book and I did, he was trying to learn as much as he could about it. For a while he did well, but it wasn't something that would ever go away- surgery was the only "cure" and it wasn't much of that-it would/was not something he wanted to live with. The fact he was a twin could have had something to do with it- I have heard that Lisa has the same things but medical science is improved and she can get help that he was not able to have back in the 70's. It was surgery or medicine and he chose the latter so that he could keep working longer. The surgery would have been very unpleasant to deal with in those days.
We had cracks and bulges in our freeways in the area of the quake and we felt several after shocks here-but nothing else so far- I have no doubt one will hit that is a big one sooner rather than later, any day now due to the fact the underwater shelf off California's coast is right in line with the "ring of fire" as they call it.
I'm not worried, but I sure wouldn't want to live on the coast these days.
Take care,
love, wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:40 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

:hello: So Lisa is having Colon Problems to? I know I see a Picture of her and Riley and Ben, and her Mother coming out of a Place in London. Lisa had Sun Glasses on and a Scarf up to her Mouth to try and not be Noticed, and it looked like her Middle Section was Bloated up. But I figured it was because she just had the Twins, or she was Bloated from the same Colon Problem. No I'm sure Glad you don't live on the Coast out there, it is bad enough you feeling after shocks. Shoot Elvis could have been as Touched as he wanted to be around me, :D I have said the very same thing. :love:

Page 3 of 4 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next