It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Interview with Donna Presley
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:00 am 
Sun Dial

Andrzej: Now Donna, may I first ask you what were your most important memories of spending time with Elvis at Graceland as a child, and teenager?

Donna: Wow Great Question , I would have to say that each memory holds it's very own special place in my heart now. Of course at the time Elvis was alive, It was simply like any other family, Well maybe not like every family. We lived on the Graceland Grounds, Just behind the main house where Elvis lived and when Elvis was home, You never knew what to expect. It was very exciteing because Elvis loved to surprise people. But I have to say that the most important time to me was the times that I spent one on one time with Elvis. He always had nick names for people he cared about, He called me "Little Donnie" instead of Donna or "Blue Eyes".

When I was eighteen Elvis set down in front of me in my Grandmothers room in Graceland and he was asking me what I wanted to do with my life after I finished school. I told him that I wanted to become a model, And I will always remember what Elvis said to me. He reached over and took my hands and looked into my eyes and said "Donnie your a beautiful young girl and never let anyone tell you that you can not make your dreams come true, Because I'm a living example that YOU CAN". Elvis said they had told him to go back to driving a truck and that he could not sing, But he never gave up on his dream and that I should never give up on mine. Elvis ended by saying that if he could ever help me along the way that he was there for me.
I can't tell you how much they meant to me at that time in my life hearing those words from Elvis. That was just the way Elvis was a, Very Loving and Very Careing warm man.

Andrzej: Thank You Donna, truly a heartwarming time for you and your sister Susie. Now would you please tell us all why your book, "Elvis-Precious Memories", was written, you must be delighted it has met with such international acclaim? My copy is treasured!

Donna: Thank You Andrzej ......."Elvis Precious Memories" was a dream of my dear mother Nash Presley. She wanted the world to know the real Elvis, The man we knew and loved. There have been so many bad things written about Elvis and my family, It was time to tell the world the truth about this man that gave so much of himself to not only his family and friends, But The World.

Elvis was human as we all are and he made mistakes as we all do, However Elvis never hurt anyone but himself with the mistakes in his life, Now how many people in that line of buisness can say that today? Not Many I can a sure you of that. There are over six hundred Elvis Fan Clubs around the world today that represent millions of people from all walks of life that were touched by Elvis Presley in some way, Many of these fans were not even born at the time Elvis died, That says a great deal about my first cousin Elvis Presley and that is the reason we as a family wrote Elvis Precious Memories, So that the reader would know Elvis as we knew him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:36 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you very much, Kenya! :P

I love to hear personal testimonies from people that shared a portion of their life with Elvis. It has great value when it comes from direct family too.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:39 am 
Sun Dial

You're welcom Amanda, yeah she seems to be a very nice lady and she's beatifullImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:12 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sorry to rain on the parade here, but Donna & her husband have been running scams using the Presley name. And actually Donna's maiden name is not even Presley. She is the daughter of Elvis' Aunt Nash. I'm sorry to say that when Donna speaks, I no longer know what to believe. Please see link to article below.

Here is a beginning quote:
Quote:
EPN continues to reveal the scams perpetrated by Donna Presley Early & husband Buddy Early after new victims contacted us about being defrauded.

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/DonnaPresleyScam.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

That is so sad that even Elvis' own "family" would be added to the list of those wanting to use and abuse his good name. :cry: Donna said she wanted to "sparkle" like Elvis did on stage with his costumes. What Donna fails to realize is that no matter how many rhinestones or jewels she wore she would NEVER achieve that. Because Elvis' "sparkle" didn't come from any of his costumes, but rather from the beautiful and sparkling light that came from within his own loving heart and soul that he so selflessly allowed to shine on each and every one of us!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:18 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I read Donna's book on Elvis and had some mixed feelings. Partly it was very touching but what she said about the time after Elvis' passing was irritating.....so I didn't recommend the book before ( don't have in mind the title right now) :roll:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:15 am 
Peacock

i read her book but skiped the last chapter. actuelly i don't know what to make of any of Elvis' so called family and friends. you never know if they are telling the trueth.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]