It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:13 pm 
Pharaoah

I've read about this before. I mean about people saying you could literally feel his presence in a room.

Can anyone who actually met him comfirm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

When he came out on stage it just blew you backward energetically!

Post subject: Presence
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

Yes, you could feel him before you saw him-I was there 2 different times when people kind of turned all together, silence fell and there he was-it was like a hush fell the minute he came through the door. And yes, he had chrisma-for one thing he was constantly moving something, couldn't be quiet and still for long without something "twitching" fingers, foot, changing position-whatever. Even the first time I was in his presence, he was looking at a page of script and was jigging his foot and tapping his finges on his knee while concentrating on that page...the director had given it to him and boy, was he intensely studying it. When he was around people, they were drawn to him like metal to a magnet. I've seen a few people who were like that, one of them was a revivalist who came to town when I was 13 years old-he drew people to him-he was intense and he wasn't good looking at all (in my opinion) I hadn't seen Elvis then-not even a picture! But shortly afterward I heard Heartbreak Hotel and didn't know who it was singing, but I cried over that song! That preacher attracted more people to that revival than anyone I had ever seen-he was firey, moved around alot and was straightforward. I don't know what happened tohim but he came from a wealthy family and didn't need the money-in fact, he gave everything taken in offerings while he was there back to our little church! He was from Alabama somewhere and drove a caddilac (new) and had two men with him-they three also sang and played guitar and piano. I'll never forget that 7 day revival because we had standing room only! I would say that guy had some of the same thing that Elvis had-whatever it was-people wanted to be around them. wjh

Post subject: preacher
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:54 am 
Site Admin

Hi, I think he would have, but his heart was on gospel, he wanted to bring God to people through singing and he did, across the United States personally and all over the world through his recorded gospels. He had the nick name of "Preacher" because of his tendency to bring out the Bible and other books and talk and talk sometimes. but it wasn't at that time with some of the guys a "good" nick name-more a joke. I am glad they are getting older and perhaps more understanding and more interested in his thoughts and religion since they are getting within sight of those "pearly gates" or whatever they may envision the end as being. We all get there sooner or later and start having 'deep' thoughts about it.
Mostly secrectly in many cases-but they are there like it or not. Elvis was different, he didn't fear it and talked of it and scared many people by doing that. They didn't understand-but now, maybe they can. Those around him, I mean. And others too who are in the know.
Personally, Elvis would have done better doing what he did-as a preacher his looks probably would have done him in-too many would have been just "after him" for whatever and that would have made it harder to reach others. His best choice, h is purpose he had right on-I think-to sing, to reach them through his heart and soul and through music, the universl language. People every where can relate to music and feel the message of it.
His wanting to run away and become a monk would have been difficult for him-he needed to touch his people-he needed to look at them, see into their eyes, soul to soul, and he couldn't have done that cloistered away somewhere-. Nope, he was right were he was supposed to be-at the top of the mountain, overlooking "his people" and pouring his heart out right into their hearts.
There was a "master plan", and it was played out. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:10 pm 
Pharaoah

Did he actually call us 'his people'?

I'm glad he was who he was. I mean it's a good thing he lived his life as a singer, otherwise he'd never be able to reach me since I live in Europe and since he died when I was just 7.

In the office where I work we have the radio on all day long. A day doesn't pass that I don't hear him on the radio. In a way he's always there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

I remember one of the last Vegas shows I saw in 1975. He was talking about "Elvis fans" saying, that he had heard the Vegas workers (in hotels, cabbies, etc) say that Elvis fans were the nicest group of people who came to Vegas. And he just BEAMED. He was so proud of us, like we were all his family, and something nice had been said about us. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:08 pm 
Pharaoah

Like you Sue, I can't imagine life without Elvis.

I have a beautiful poster on my bedroom wall. So he's the first thing I see when I open my eyes in the morning.
He's there telling me that 'there's a brand new day on the horizon' and 'that everything's going to fine'.

Everytime I hear him sing he brings a smile to my face.

I just love to read about how he loved us fans. I guess it makes me feel special, to be loved by someone as great as him.
Can't get enough of those anecdotes!!

I love to be HIS fan.

What I also love about him is that he was always so open towards his fans. You can't help but feeling close to him.
On the back of one of his original albums he put his address. It was like an invitation for his fans. It was like he was saying : 'go ahead, if you like to write me, or visit me. You're always welcome'

Like the photos of Graceland he used to put on his albums. Like if he was saying : this is my home, you're welcome.

Post subject: Elvis and his fans
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:18 pm 
Site Admin

I know Elvis loved his fans, he talked about them alot and he never seemed to be upset or irritated about his time or privacy (except when he got married-that did bug him a little when they were yelling at him while he was with Priscilla in Palm Springs-she didn't like it at all)
and he would tell little stories about meeting this one or that one. He told me about two girls who had themselves delivered to his home-in a truck and they got all the way up to his bedroom where he was asleep!
They woke him up crawling on him and sqealing-and he didn't get mad-he calmed them down, finally he said, and then he told them he wanted to sleep and they could lay on the bed with him, but he was going to go back to sleep. He said by then they were worn out too and the three of them slept-Elvis in pajamas under the cover and them dressed on the cover! I said, good grief Elvis, how old are you anyway! Don't you know better?
And he wasn't angry, he excused them and himself saying, they were just young girls an' it would of scared them to death if I were of that mind, but I wasn't and nothing happened, we got up later, had breakfast and talked about things they liked to do and school. I said but what if something did happen, what if they said you did something else-what then. He then said, well, the intercom was on-if something was goin' on somebody would've heard it but nothing' did and I knew it wouldn't. They were just kids, havin' fun and I still see 'em at the gate now and then and we talk." He was totally and completely naive and trusting and believed things would be fine-95 % of the time-it was because he believed and had faith in people and their goodness. Just too bad he sometimes trusted the wrong ones-keeping them close in hopes of "saving them from themselves" I guess. Just more of his good heartedness and faith in doing unto others as you would have for yourself...he practiced what he "preached". wjh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:10 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Sue!

Quote:
He was totally and completely naive and trusting and believed things would be fine-95 % of the time-it was because he believed and had faith in people and their goodness. Just too bad he sometimes trusted the wrong ones-keeping them close in hopes of "saving them from themselves" I guess. Just more of his good heartedness and faith in doing unto others as you would have for yourself...he practiced what he "preached". wjh.

Elvis was an important reference for others across the world, in many matters. This one signaled above, was basic to attract the same qualities in the hearts of those that were watching him. Our inner being could recognize his and create there a strong bond with him. That bond was needed to be there, so he could fullfil his mission then and now.

It's so amazind to see how everything fits perfectly in Elvis life!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]