It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Marylin Manson and Elvis
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

This is part of an interview to Marlyn Mason made in 2005: (Elvis Australia)

"Q : What type of things would Elvis do on the set? Would he be listening to different recordings and things like that?

A : No, if we were on the set, there was a lot of sitting... I remember sitting in his lap a lot, just hanging out with him and his guys. But no, he would mingle. He was not aloof in any way at all. But of course, he'd spend some time in his dressing room. I remember once he called me in, "Cap, get in here." I'd go in. "What do you want?" He said, "Pick out whatever you want here." And he would have clothes brought in for himself. But he ordered a bunch of scarves and hats. And he knew I liked to wear caps and hats. So, he said, "Pick out whatever you want." I said, "Well, you pick out for me." So, he picked out a little hat that he thought looked good on me. And he picked out a scarf. I'd give anything to have that hat and scarf now.

Q : And then he signed a photograph to you as well.

A : Yes. Yes, I have the signed photograph. Yes.

Q : Tell us the story about how that came about.

A : Well, it was funny. People talk about Elvis' spirituality. We never got into any religious discussions at all. I'm not a religious person. Our conversations never got into that. But I think when you're in tune with somebody, it's like you get it. You sense things. And I could be sitting 50 feet from him, and I'd get a feeling, and I would turn. And he'd be looking at me. And sometimes it would happen with him. I'd be watching him. And he would turn and he'd... And we talked about it. And I said, "What is that?" And he said,
"It's da witness." So in the picture, the autograph says, "Da witness knows." And I took it from there was just that little knowing thing between us that was -- neither one of us could explain it. I felt very close to him. And I can say that I know that he liked me very much. And I liked him very much. There was just -- it was a very sweet relationship. And I mean, it, you know, will always be very dear to me. "

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/intervi ... ason.shtml

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:42 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Nice interview! Everybody (and here M.Mason) has to say something SPECIAL about Elvis!
That is really amazing, he was indeed no ordinary man :wink:

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:12 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Christine for the link. I read the full version and it was a very nice interview.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:59 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I would love to have Elvis here in the Forum, to explain us what he meant with "da witness". Maybe it was a synonymous of "presence".. I wonder.

Maybe Wanda could tell something about it. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

I think that he meant God is our witness...and God has his angels around to witness, I guess when he's busy else where? But Elvis said someone is always there to witness what we do, say and where we go... "da witness always knows da truth" and sometimes he said, "as God is my witness etc"... So it had something to do with that, I'm sure though I can't say what it might have refrenced between he and Marilyn Mason...who were quite a team on film! I laughed at him and her alot during that movie and I don't even have a copy of it now but I sure liked it. Did it come out as a video or CD? Anyone know? We are missing quite a few since they are on Beta and we can't watch them-though I have many of them, there are still some we don't have that we can watch. There ought to be another box set with them in it-like "Live a little, love a little", "Trouble With Girls", "Spin Out", "Double Trouble" (not my favorite),
"Easy Come, Easy Go", "Stay Away Joe", "Charro". I've never seen Charo on anything-not even VHS and I don't think it's ever been released. Must be some legal hassal there.??? Elvis was pretty angry over how it turned out.
He might have put the hex on that one! Anyway, We did get a tape of the 25th Special the other day-Starla taped it. I think I am going to run the comeback show for the group at Suzy's first, then do the Lost Perforrmances one, then the On Tour one -not all at once of course, but over a couple months...depending on how much it's appreciated etc:. Then we can do the 25th Special one too now we have it. And we can run the Aloha one so that's plenty for them to enjoy. I have a feeling there will be a crowd of people-probably more than the room will handle after the first couple times! wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:57 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you for your explanation on "da witness", Wanda. It makes sense, indeed.

I have to confess that "Charro" is the only Elvis' film that made me fall slept! They have run it several times on spanish TV and I can't stand it to the end. Whatever they did with Elvis acting, the results -seems to me-are that he looks "plain". If somebody used there a "black hand" 8) to show our magnific Elvis as "monotonal" in order to frustate his aims as a good actor, he succeed. The whole film has that quality to me. Besides, I think that the beard covered the rich face expression Elvis had, to worse things. I'm so sorry for him and his efforts to act a serious role. :(

Quote:
I have a feeling there will be a crowd of people-probably more than the room will handle after the first couple times! wjh

For sure! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:47 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Amanda. I enjoyed reading the interview.

Here is another excpert from the interview:
Quote:
I remember he had on a white gabardine suit with that light blue silk shirt and that white fedora. Oh, my God. You couldn't see enough of it. I mean, it was, everyday it was like seeing it for the first time. And he was -- there was just something about him. And when he talked to you, he looked right at you. And he was so polite. Mr. Tewksbury, the director, was never Peter. He was always Mr. Tewksbury. It had that southern charm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:30 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

THANK YOU FOR THESE FANTASTIC PHOTOS, LAURIE!

I love all of them, specially the last, with such expression... Of course he was a great actor, he looked so casual in this film, until there came some moment for changing moods to some more intimate, like this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

Laurie, my thanks to you as well for these absolutely BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! :D Amanda., he was indeed a WONDERFUL actor, and this is one film that I thought his natural talents(and beauty :wink: ) just shined through so brilliantly, effortlessly and so.......naturally!!! :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

YES MA'M! :wink: :P

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next