It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Johnny Cash on Elvis
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:43 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Johnny Cash remembers Elvis:

Elvis and I talked about music, but I never spoke to him about Sun Records or any other connection into the music business. I wanted to make it on my own devices, and that's how I set about doing it.

Elvis certainly took a lot of abuse from that crowd. He had his problems with gossip, too, and rumor and lies. He was very sensitive, easily hurt by the stories people told about him being on dope and so on. I myself couldn't understand why people wanted to say that back in the '50s, because in those days he was the last person on earth who needed dope. He had such a high energy level that it seemed he never stopped - though maybe that's why they said he was on dope.

Either way, he wasn't, or at least I never saw any evidence of it. I never saw him use any kind of drug, or even alcohol; he was always clear-headed around me, and very pleasant. Elvis was such a nice guy, and so talented and charismatic - he had it all - that some people just couldn't handle it and reacted with jealousy. It's only human, I suppose, but it's sad.

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/johnny_ ... sley.shtml

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:59 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Great tribute from Johnny!!!! I like especially this sentence:

Quote:
He had such a high energy level that it seemed he never stopped - though maybe that's why they said he was on dope.

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject: Re: Johnny Cash on Elvis
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

"Elvis was such a nice guy, and so talented and charismatic - he had it all - that some people just couldn't handle it and reacted with jealousy. It's only human, I suppose, but it's sad."

That is sad. :( It actually reminds me of a line that was in his movie "Easy Come Easy Go" where the character whose name was Jo said "people always make of things that they don't understand". Sadly, I think that's what happened to Elvis. Some people didn't understand him, or what he or his music were all about so they just chose to make fun of him or belittle him. Then once he became successful doing what they didn't understand the jealousy kicked in. :( Yet, in spite of all of that, and being hurt over what some people said about him, he still rose above it all and continued to show love, compassion and understanding to his fellow man. :D "Never ceases to amaze me" as he said. :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:23 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

:P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]