It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

Sue-Lenora I can't thank you enough for posting this interview!!! :D It was so great to read--especially how Mac was able to tell Elvis DIRECTLY what was going on all around him and the types of things that were being said!!! I'm wondering if Elvis gave that any thought afterwards? :? Knowing that one of "his boys" just made someone who had just had a great time with him not but a few minutes prior to that feel like garbage and so unwelcome?? :( Mac seems like a really nice guy and it always warms my heart to read when another entertainer/performer gives Elvis the credit that he so richly deserves!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:52 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Very interesting interview! Thanks, Sue.

Quote:
'You know, I just think you oughta know that this goes on around you all the time. I don't see how you can have a life'. He said, 'Who told you that, man?' I said, 'I'm not looking to get anybody in trouble'.

I got a sinking feeling when reading the Memphian part. Elvis seemed to have no idea how he was being kept isolated from people. Fortunately Mac Davis was one that slipped through, and Elvis seemed to really enjoy his company. While the MM no doubt wanted to enusre that Elvis had some privacy from all the people wanting to get near him, there doesn't seem to have been a distinction made with guests Elvis personally invited. I wonder how many guests he invited sat in the back as they were told to by the MM, yet wanting to sit near Elvis & Elvis wondering why the guest did not want to sit near him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:24 am 
Site Admin

Kind of like sitting upstairs in his suite waiting for invited guests to come up to see him, people he invited, wanted to see...and they never show up. He's told they didn't come by Elvis, didn't see them. etc:. And he sits there thinking they must have had something important come up-but back there somewehre in his mind is that little boy saying, they didn't want to see me, I guess. Why? What'd I do? And his guys took calls for him, from family and friends alike and told him they didn't call...no one had called. He asked people to come by over the Holidays but no one shows up-he's sitting in the house with holiday goodies his cook made sitting out, all ready for guests, has presents under the tree for those he invited and they don't come over. He waits all day, keeps dinner on hold as long as he can then finally eats with his friends/mm guys, their girlfriends/wives and Priscilla and tries not to think about those he thought were his friends, who would want to eat with him at his home. He doesn't hear from them and figures well, they just didn't care anyway and so he doesn't bother to check-the guys said they didn't call or anything to say they couldn't make it- And chances are he won't run into them anywhere after that episoide any way. So he never knows they were told he had changed his mind, decided to eat just with his family etc;. Hows he going to find out? Very few people ever told him what was going on-they figured if they did they sure enough would never speak to or see him again. Elvis liked Mac Davis, loved his song writing and memories was one of his favorites of the 69 show-that and If I can Dream. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:59 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
memories was one of his favorites of the 69 show-that and If I can Dream. wjh

Mac Davis definitely wrote some important and great songs for Elvis!!

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:04 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I'm so sorry to imagine Elvis' feelings in those times when he was left waiting for his guests... with so many people wishing to share some time with him... I'm so glad that from his present perspective he is able to know and understand everything that went along around him...!

This is an example of Ignorance's Effect against LOVE's Effect!

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:51 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

my spirit doubled up in pain again for the disappointment and heartbreaking of our innocent boy,waiting there like that....what kind of dark holes, those "worms" had in their chests instead of hearts..

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:57 pm 
Site Admin

How gut-wrenchingly awful to know that our sweet special boy had to endure all those NEEDLESS and TOTALLY UN-NECESSARY "whys" as to where all of his invited guests & friends were when they didn't show up. :cry: :cry: ESPECIALLY during the Holidays no less when he had all that wonderful food prepared, and beautiful presents under the tree and his precious giving heart was probably so excited and looking forward to sharing it all with them. :cry: How on earth have they been able to live with themselves or look themselves in the mirror????????? :?: :? :x The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that like you said so beautifully Amanda "from his present perspective he is able to know and understand everything that went along around him...! " :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:10 am 
Site Admin

I got a kick out of Mac's story of asking Elvis for his home phone number and how Charlie had to question to be sure he meant "that one" , the one "they all used" to call him and Elvis says so naively, Yeah the one Priscilla and I answer when people call the house". He didn't have a clue...not really about the totally possessiveness of the "guys" over him, the being with him, the we got the "in with Elvis" kind of thing. It just makes me laugh.
Even Charlie had to be truly SURE that's the number he meant! Elvis gave me his number almost immediately after having met me-before I left he gave me a white gold round compact with an engraved rose design on the front and a mirror inside and a place for a powder puff and powder.(yes Starla has it and the paper is still inside it with that number) Inside was his phone number on a little piece of torn off paper sack. I looked at it and he said, it's my phone number-rings in my room at the house. I don't know exactly what I said but he grinned and said, Call me early in the morning-I'll be there-it's my bedroom. And he went on to say he ate breakfast in his room, read the paper and liked to have some quiet time before going to work. He told me he "meditated" and looked at me kind of as if "do you understand" look in his eyes. I said, "Oh, my sister in law does that." and his eyes lit up and he said something about, "Now you call me, I'll be waiting." I said something dumb I'm sure and then I left. I didn't call him for weeks-it was too unreal and besides that I had an ear full from the young woman actress who had taken me up to the studio at Elvis' request! She was after him big time too, and I was supposed to assist her since she'd "introduced Elvis to me" and he was so interested in me and I was married etc:...etc.... anyway. I didn't think it was really his number in his bedroom...that was out of my range of reasoning I guess. But I looked at that compact and the number several times and didn't call. Then one early morning after Jimmie had left about 3:30 am and I was awake waiting for Starla to wake up for school (kindergarten), I called.
He answered-he was reading the paper and drinking coffee just like he said he would be and when I said who I was he said, "I know." very matterfactly and then very softly said, "I'm glad you called honey." And I have to say that the way he said that, the tone of voice and inflections in his words, I don't think I blushed but I remember feeling very warm all over and I wasn't sure what to say because of the personal way he said it was almost like he came through the phone and hugged me or something. It was strange-I thought about it for several days because I had never had anyone do that before.
I was at a loss for words at that too but he did most of the talking, picking up where he'd left off at the studio asking questions about our lives "out there in the normal world" kind of things. The time flew-he was easy to talk to and very friendly, as if he'd know me forever. Finally he had to get ready to go to work he said and asked me to call him again and said, "Please, if you have time." I had that weird warm feeling again because he sounded the same as he had when saying he was glad I called.
It took a while, but finally I realized it was just Elvis' way, just how he felt and he meant what he said at those times. He was sincere-and it came through loud and clear...it was natural to him, just how he was. I've never met anyone who had that ability to "hug" just with his words and feelings. But he could. wjh

Last edited by Wanda June Hill on Sun May 13, 2007 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:20 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Yours is such an amazing tale about those first encounters with Elvis in person and by phone, Wanda!

He was really an unique person, his deeds and ways, and the feelings he provoked in others... Your surprise to his ways can be perfectly understood and your first, first doubts also.

It's weird, but Elvis is not the first one I know that may make you feel "embraced" at distance. Near to his death, my son Bruno was taking care of my former husband. He was in bed uptairs in his home. I went to visit him and he told me that Bruno was so loving and special that, when he was downstairs, getting something in the kitchen for his father, the last felt like being embraced by him all the time he was away. I'll never forget that Eddy (my husband) said: "I never thought our son was like this...!" (Well, I already knew. But usually the mother knows best.)

Last edited by Amanda Viola on Mon May 14, 2007 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:32 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wanda wrote:
Quote:
It took a while, but finally I realized it was just Elvis' way, just how he felt and he meant what he said at those times. He was sincere-and it came through loud and clear...it was natural to him, just how he was. I've never met anyone who had that ability to "hug" just with his words and feelings. But he could.

Oh, yes, that's Elvis..... :roll: ! Loved to read your little story, Wanda!

.....and your comment about your son Bruno, also, Amanda!!! :)

"ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU ONLY BELIEVE"

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next