It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

That was a great interview to read!! :D I've always liked Sherrill's(Shaun's) voice and loved even more the duets that he would do with Elvis!! :D "Softly, As I Leave You" gets to me everytime I hear it and the fun Elvis would have with Shaun during "O Sole Mio/It's Now Or Never" never fails to bring a smile to my face whenever I hear it. :D Thanks so much for posting this link Sue-Lenora!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:15 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thank you, Sue-Lenora!

I love to listen to "Softly, As I Leave You" too. It's such a touching and precious song... The duet is unique and formidable.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:14 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks for posting the interview link, Sue. I enjoyed reading it. :D

Here are two interesting excerpts:

"I remember one place where Elvis threw a scarf to a woman, and she put it around her neck, and she made the mistake of crossing it. There was a woman on one side that had a hold of it, and there was a woman on the other side, and they were choking that woman to death. Elvis had to throw them each one scarf, and I think he saved that woman's life."

"I thought that he had an amazing voice. He got even more maturity in his voice as he got older. His voice got better, I thought. I was often amazed at his range, just as one singer listening to another singer. The man had one of the most versatile voices of any singer I've ever known. He could sing anything. I've never seen such a versality, and in fact I don't see it today. Usually a voice can sing one way, but he had that ability about him. And he helped me to learn the importance of communication with an audience. That was his forte. He had such great soul. He had the ability to make everyone in the audience think that he was singing directly to them. He just had a way with communication that was totally unique."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:23 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
And he helped me to learn the importance of communication with an audience. That was his forte. He had such great soul.

Even when he explains that many times at Elvis' room, receiving "his teaching", he did not understand what Elvis was talking about, he is perceptive enough to feel the dimension of Elvis' soul. 8) :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]