It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

I know how Gordon Stoker felt. I wondered so many times why Elvis didn't just raise a ruckus and stomp his feet, something! But he didn't most of the time, he might mention not being happy about this or that, but he didn't really cut loose about it when it was something to do with his career, his job, his record sessions, etc:...he might fuss about it in conversation but he didn't get up in the air and raise cane with whom ever it was...that was their job he said of those who "dressed" him in the "fims" even when it was something he hated and would NEVER wear in private. I guess he just didn't want to cause problems and maybe he thought the person "causing" whatever it might be "needed to do it at the time"...I don't know. It was a puzzler for sure and in the end his lack of "taking care of himself" physically as well as emotionally and stress wise, was too much for him to handle. I know he had a temper, when it did "strike" it was fast, nasty, cutting and over about as quickly as it came" though he might walk out and stay gone or hole up and lay low afterward. And he might break something in anger, throw something or d something like knock a hole in the wall etc:...Karate you know-but that would be it. And he didn't want to discuss it later either...though he might be extra nice to someone he'd blown up at -get them something etc:...
Even his daughter remembers his temper and knows she has it too.
He said he had to pray about his temper, had to keep it under control and lock it down tight sometimes or just go away from whatever it was and do something else. He was so angry over his marriage, etc:...really very angry and he broke things, but he didn't hurt people...with words maybe, but he didn't unless they pushed him. It was a puzzle...I think he saw violence as a kid and didn't want to go there. It can be that way. wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]