It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Billy Miller interview
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:36 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Edit note: link has been removed. See reason below.

[Anyone who wishes to can go to EIN without going there from ELC which was established to inspire and uplift Elvis' memory and in doing this renew and encourage our spirits toward serenity, inspiration and peace, love and harmony. wjh and Bluemoon]

Last edited by Blue Moon on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

Having been on the receiving end of Marty's comments I have to say that I have an open minded approach to anyone who says they knew Elvis, met him or spoke with him over the years. From my own experience with Elvis, anything can happen! And if it could, it will as he said several times! Never ceases to amaze me either.
Bill Miller may well be telling the truth and Marty may well have been "on the outside" of that connection. Elvis was secretive about many things, he said so himself and as for his mom and dad and their treatment of him, I can easily see from what other people who were THERE as neighbors, relatives and friends who have said on occasion, in all innocence as back then that was not considered "abuse" when one punished or corrected a child with some physical method like spanking etc:...Elvis himself said that his mom would put him in the closet until he promised to "be good". Others who saw certain things said that his mother slapped him down to the floor when he disobyed or spoke out of turn. His father did drink and Elvis said he was "rough" at times on his mother and on him when doing this-these were in the poorest days of his early life. At that time in history, it was not uncommon for a man to be so down hearted that he didn't go drinking to forget it-it was normal and not something "evil" or whatever one might term it to be now days. Neither was spanking or putting a kid in a closet wrong-that became standing or sitting in a corner later, and look at today, one cannot spank a child without someone saying "child abuse". Times change, people change ideas and people forget the past-sometimes with help from alcohol and drugs over an extended time- I am not saying Bill's whole story is true-I don't know what it is yet-having not been there or in on it, I have no clue other than what I know myself or someone I trust says-However I do know that Elvis did know someone named Bill and it was not Billy Smith or the Bill of his backup singers either...another guy named Bill whom he spoke to on the phone at one time and whom he appeared to have doing some checking up for him in regard to his then, wife. That's all I can say I know and even that might not be the same Bill. I have no way of knowing. However I will hold my thoughts until the guy comes out with his book-which has been long in coming. And as for the mm boys, well.....monkey see, monkey do for most of them.
And as for Elvis and his parents, he loved them dearly, he adored his mother and tried to live as she would want him to live, he went back to those days for solace, he spoke of her with such love and longing and he carried such a load of guilt over her death because he thought he had failed to pay attention, to be too absorbed in his own "woes" over being gone from his career etc: to see her failing health and in doing that, he didn't get her in the hospital soon enough. He felt he helped kill her and never totally recovered from that feeling, I don't think. He knew she was coming for him, and looked forward to being with her again. As for his dad, he said he had to "learn how to handle him as momma did" and then they got on okay. He loved him and Vernon loved his son, was so proud of him and he worried about him as a father will their child. Elvis tried to make his dad's life good, even when they were at odds he respected him as his dad and give him great respect and never said disparaging things about him or his lack of education etc:...he might get angry with him, but he still gave him a son's respect. And he wanted him to be with him on tour and whereever so he could "look after him" etc:...and Vernon was looking after Elvis too, as a father does their child. He was so lost when Elvis died... so broken. Elvis forgave his dad and his mom for anything they might have hurt him for-in fact he said they instilled right and wrong into him and that every person needed that or they'd be lost and confused out in the world. He said his parents gave him "roots" and his mom gave him "character and a path to the Lord". What more could a child say of their parents? wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:06 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Wanda for your always informative replies.

Honestly, though, I regret posting the link to the interview.

Even if Billy was indeed one of Elvis' investigators, I totally disagree with some of the things he's saying.

Billy practically worships Colonel Parker. He clearly is not aware of Parker's dark side. And he says w/o Parker, Elvis would be nothing. Yeah, Parker helped bring fame to Elvis in the beginning & had a gift for promoting, but how about giving some credit to Elvis' talent & charisma! And not all Parker's decisions were good ones. Not all were to Elvis' benefit. He says Parker loved Elvis like his own son. After what I've read about Parker's undermining of Elvis' career, there's no way I could ever believe that.

And when he says Elvis gained too much weight that he couldn't zip his boots, it is obvious Billy was not aware of Elvis' medical ailments. If Elvis couldn't zip his boots it was because of fluid retention.

Last edited by Blue Moon on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:26 am 
Site Admin

Hi, read a bit more of the interview with Bill Miller. I had/have hope but will wait until the book is released if it is. And I hope that he will explain his comments. As for Elvis raping women-what a laugh that one is! Elvis was indanger of being the one raped many a time! A young man's dream? As for fat feet-that was fluid retention from the medications, his blocked colon and heart failure and not exactly over eating. There were many times he couldn't keep anything down, couldn't eat because when your colon is blocked up-food doesn't process and your apt to throw up everything and it "ain't fun" believe me.
As for Bill's proof-I hope he has it if his story is true. It also occured to me that if he bugged phones etc: did he bug Elvis' private lines? If so, then he should have heard him talking to me-if he didn't, I would wonder about that one! I do know that Elvis spoke with some guy he called Bill and it wasn't anyone of the Bill's with him at the time. But I don't know more than that. As for Col. Parker "loving him like a son"-well, I know he loved the money Elvis brought in. I also know he could be cold and calculating and he didn't have much sympathy for his "boy" at times when maybe he should have tried to help him instead of driving the bus into the ground. I also know Elvis was planning to quit, to get rid of some of the baggage and try to do something differfent, to "start over" and do it the way he felt he ought to have from the beginning. He also wanted to do gospel concerts but the Col. said he'd lose his fan base if he did.
Elvis was a sick man, physically and beaten down mentally by the stress and pressure he was under and his own emotional problems. He did the best he could; I certainly hope that people will understand where he was coming from and remain sympathic to the whys as well as the OMG's that may spring out like a serpents tooth when least expected. Everyone's "cloak" has spots-even Elvis'-and so why "Hold them up to the light for everyone to see." Dirty laundry isn't ever exciting unless one's on a murder case. Another quote of EP's. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:45 pm 
Peacock

Quote:
As for Elvis raping women-what a laugh that one is

dear Wanda, were did you read this...........does this billy guy say he did?

Quote:
The first thing I should say is that there has never yet been a true book about Elvis. Two, I am writing my book with a very well known identity which will surprise many people.

My book will also blow everyone away because of the verfied evidence it will have, including one by a member of the Presley family who is still alive!

i just hop his well known identity isn't ANY of the stanleys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:13 pm 
Site Admin

Me Too! No Bill didn't say that, some other guy he talks about did apparently say it. The same guy who supposedly took Marilyn Monroe to Elvis' hotel room etc: from some thread way back there. That person made some rather debasing comments about Elvis personally and he was very wrong about them all! I wish and hope that Bill will NOT put that person's comments and "observations" in his book or even acknowledge him! Totally unnecesary. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:39 am 
Peacock

i know wich guy you are talking about and i must say i NEVER believed him for one sec. things he say is ODD and do not add upp. guess some people will do ANYTHING for $$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:54 am 
Rainbow

I CAN PROVE , THIS MAN IS A LIAR. WILL BE INTERVIEWING HIM ON FRIDAY. I AM SURE IT WILL BE A SHORT ONE. WHEN I TEAR HIS SO CALLED PROOF APART
JOE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for passing this information along to us Joe. :) I too will be checking out this particular interview on your site as I have been unsure what to think of Billy Miller and his upcoming book. :? I also completely understand the reasons for removing the link from here to the interview on EIN. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Me too...I tend to always have 'hope' but sometimes it's dashed and it's a good thing because I'm one to wait and wait hoping maybe this person/persons will have something new. It's good that Joe's going to interview him because Joe can cut to the chase and bring things out since he has interviewed so many who were there for much of Elvis' life. Joe has enough knowledge and ability to think for himself too-he'll get to the bottom of things if he can! I was hoping that maybe the guy was for real and he'd have conversations on tape between Elvis and me, many of them I only have a few notes about topics etc: and nothing else. I was just a dummy, but he was always going to be here. I should have listened when he told me about "tomorrow never comes-we have today and yesterday, but tomorrow never comes." So right. wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]