Post subject: WANDA JACKSON INTERVIEW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:10 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/intervi ... kson.shtml

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

A really great interview and she sounds like a really nice lady too. :D Thanks for posting the link to it for us Zey. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:28 pm 
Site Admin

She was one of Elvis' favorites of female singers-and Patti Page as well. I can't remember the other one he liked and mentioned but she was a blond, sultry and recorded Fever and he did that version the same way she did it. With his added little moves here and there.
He liked the gal from Canada too, her voice was "soothing" he said...she's still around, Ann Murray.wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:44 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Patti Page and Ann Murray are my fav female singers too..I like Dinah Shore and Doris Day as well..
I can't remember a female singer,sang Fever other than Peggy Lee..can it be her?

For a heavenly cause

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

Yep that's her! Elvis also mentioned Diana Shore and Doris Day...he liked the song Doris did in one of her movies, but I can't remember which one it was now-it was like Pillow Talk or one of those films. There was another lady, country western star who wore the flashy clothes too, she had a daughter who also sang and is still I think. The mom passed away a while back-but Elvis liked her-I think he might have dated her, but I'm not sure about that now. She had long reddish brown hair and was pretty popular in the country field and was on the Grand Ol Opry several times. There were so many people he liked, I think he had just about everyone's records-from really old early records to those newer as well. He truly was a collector of records-especially those he liked for one reason or another. He was always listening to something, very seldom did he not have music on in the background...many of those times they were gospels. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

{This is from a letter I received some years ago from a young lady who spent time with Elvis in Vegas. He told her his wife and he were "almost separated at his wife's request because she didn't like it because he was "gone so much" and she wanted a normal life and husband but he didn't want a divorce so they were living separate lives.
She said he was such a gentleman, very attentive and generous and they slept in the same bed but he didn't/wouldn't do more than cuddle and kiss a bit because he was "tired", "too sleepy", "wanted to read to her" and nothing changed his mind. She was 20 and "innocent" as she put it. He told her his wish for her "would be for her to fall in love with a nice, steady guy, have some kids and be happy and healthy together". And that he cherished this time with her, but it was just a moment in time, theirs for this moment to share. ]
"He gave me a pair of gold ear rings and a beautiful bracelet that matched. He said they were from Tibet and they had lions on them that had some kind of religious meaning that I didn't understand. I treasure them, they are among my most precious things and kept in a safe deposit box. I would just die if I lost them. I think of him every day, I dream about him some times, especially on those days I was with him. Sometimes I have smelled him in the air in my room and I always say, "Hello baby, I miss you." I think he hears me. When I finally had to go home I was so worn out from being up all night, watching the shows and waiting for him. I think he was ready for me to go. He said, "I'll see you later honey-you and I aren't done yet." And he winked at me. He's right. I'll see him in Heaven's glory-we aren't done yet! I went to see him in 76 but made sure none of his guys saw me there. I sat way back but I could see how he was-he didn't look good. I heard how sick he had been and it was obvious. I too, believe he knew he was not going to live a long life. He told me he had to do every thing he could because he didn't think he'd live long at the rate his life was going. He said he was a mortal man, but he had become a business venture that had no end. He said it would go on even when his body had turned to dust, forgotten like yesterday's news. He will never be forgotten and he will always make headlines-he will never be yesterday's news! I told him that-he laughed and said he hoped he wouldn't be forgotten; but the truth was, it was human nature to look for new, exciting things and people. He didn't expect to be able to kick ass forver, dead or alive. If you want to see me back then, in That's The Way It Is I am sitting in front, very close but not right at the stage, and I am blond, have lots of freckles (he loved them and wanted to take a pen and trace their patterns and I wouldn't let him mark on me) I was so worn out, so exhausted and he was going strong. I looked like I could care less but I was nearly a sleep sitting up! I loved watching him, but some of the shows I can't remember due to exhaustion from trying to keep up with him and his schedule. He just didn't rest until he was totally exhausted. I have three kids, including twin girls. I have a son named for my two favorite men-my husband and Elvis.His name is James Aron. MMcL"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:16 am 
Site Admin

What a beautiful letter Wanda and another shining example of what a loving and caring heart he had. :D He brought joy into her life by spending the time with her that he did and also cared enough about her to tell her that his wish for her was for her " to fall in love with a nice, steady guy, have some kids and be happy and healthy together". :D I tell ya I know he was no saint but they honestly don't come much better than that!! :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:29 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

I love to read these letters from Elvis' women friends. Thank you, Wanda, and to the woman who took the time to send you the letter. We really get to see what a quality tender hearted soul he was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:37 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
I think of him every day, I dream about him some times, especially on those days I was with him. Sometimes I have smelled him in the air in my room and I always say, "Hello baby, I miss you." I think he hears me. When I finally had to go home I was so worn out from being up all night, watching the shows and waiting for him. I think he was ready for me to go. He said, "I'll see you later honey-you and I aren't done yet." And he winked at me. He's right. I'll see him in Heaven's glory-we aren't done yet!

Thank you, Wanda!

It moves me to observe what a close presence Elvis mantains with so many, for so long... TCB and TLC 'till the end of time! It must certainly be in the essence of his soul! :)

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

I feel the same way you ladies do! :D

Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next