It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:07 pm 
Site Admin

What a beautiful article Sue! :D Thank you so much for sharing it with us. :D It's so positive and uplifting to read about a true friend's memory of his friendship with Elvis and about the music he cherished so very much!! :D The music that sustained him and stayed with him all of his life. :D For all of you my dear angel friends--Elvis showing his love for his Lord singing with all his precious heart and soul :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf0vJiyeLIo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:02 am 
Site Admin

Yes, thanks. I enjoy very much reading what his friends who were there from the beginning have to say and it's amazing how they seem to agree that he didn't change-he just became more and more famous and dealt with it as he'd always been, kind, gentle and patient. I like to hear from these people-thank heaven they are speaking out! And you gals find these things and post them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:31 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Nice interview Sue! It was fun reading about the little tid bits (unknown to me) such as when 13 people were packed into each of Elvis' and Cecil's cars.

Elvis was someone not afraid to be a little different than everyone else:
Quote:
"He came in late," recalls Blackwood on his initial sighting of Elvis Presley," and everybody was staring at him because he was dressed a little differently. His hair was different. He had long sideburns, and he was wearing second hand clothes, bright and loud, a red coat, white shoes. I got to talking to him and we became friends.

And don't always believe the negative trashy tabloids & TV shows & even some books:
Quote:
He was completely different from what they played up in the magazines. He was very kind and gentle, soft-spoken as a rule. He always said 'Mr. Blackwood' to James, and 'yes sir and no sir.' He called me Cecil because we were the same age. We didn't know any bad side of Elvis, only the good side."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:46 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Reading this article -thank you, Sue Lenora!- for the first time I had the notion that Elvis was exactly like a character from a book. He and his life was so far out from the current life of anyone... One could not ever imagine that someone real could have such a life and be like he was...

Yes, Elvis was beyond imagination! No wonder he is a myth, no wonder it's so easy to believe he came from a Blue Star...

Last edited by Amanda Viola on Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:57 am 
Site Admin

Wanda June Hill wrote:
I enjoy very much reading what his friends who were there from the beginning have to say and it's amazing how they seem to agree that he didn't change-he just became more and more famous and dealt with it as he'd always been, kind, gentle and patient. I like to hear from these people-thank heaven they are speaking out!

So do I Wanda! :D It's reading things like this that resonate COMPLETE TRUTH AND LOVE within the heart. :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]