It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Quote from Elvis' divorce attorney
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Quote:
Harry M. Fain, a pioneering family law attorney who helped bring no-fault divorce to California in 1970 and handled the high-powered breakups of such celebrity marriages as Elvis Presley, Cary Grant and Ali McGraw, died Friday of pneumonia at a skilled nursing facility in Los Angeles. He was 88.

In his practice, Fain preferred settlement over litigation. The attorney praised Presley, his client, when the singer reached an out-of-court agreement in 1973 to pay his wife, Priscilla, nearly $1.5 million.

"This man agreed to pay her this without any contest because he wanted to be generous and make her happy," Fain said in a 1973 Times article. "I never met a man so unselfish."

Source: LA Times / Elvisnews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:45 am 
Site Admin

Yep, the judge and the lawyer were both impressed with Elvis' sincerity, obvious love and concern for his wife who had brought him back to court to ask for more money-and she got it because Elvis wanted her to be happy and...he traded the money and her happiness for more time with his daughter on his terms so he won too.
Had she gone ahead with her remarks about keeping her from him etc: and tried throwing dirt at him, he was prepared to match her "tit-for tat" is how he put it. I have never heard him so angry as he was over that period of time. He must have developed ulcers for sure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:15 am 
Dragon

Wanda, I have heard that Priscilla was quite harsh with him during the divorce and that kind of thing, what actually happened there. I know she still loved him but why do you think she did that, do you think she was just so hurt about everything and wanted to kind of hurt him back. Why did she ask for more money? Was that also to get back at him.....

Do you think her and Lisa's relationship was so bad later on because she realised what had happened and then blamed her mother. Human dynamics are so vey real and so fragile.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:11 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

vixen,

I often ask myself the same question.

Why was she so hard towards him, why that hate...

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

I, too, am very sorry to hear that Mr. Fain passed away. I also have wondered why Priscilla was so seemingly hateful towards Elvis during the divorce, then I think back to something else that I've read on here that Elvis said one time to his precious little Lisa---he said something to the effect of that sometimes when we're hurt or angry or upset that we say and do things to people that we really don't mean. Not to excuse the things that Priscilla did to him or said about him during that time by any means mind you. I just thought that those were such wise and teaching words from such an incredibly loving daddy. :D Furthermore to Elvis' credit are these words stated by Mr. Fain: "This man agreed to pay her this without any contest because he wanted to be generous and make her happy," Fain said in a 1973 Times article ."I never met a man so unselfish." So very true and telling words about Elvis' kind, caring and loving soul. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

That is what he indeed was Mary.

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Most definitely dear Alna!! :D :wink:

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]