It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:23 pm 
Site Admin

That's what the son of the guy who owned the recording studio in LA that Elvis used when he did Jailhouse Rock said - Elvis didn't need a producer-he had such a keen ear and had the ability to hear musically in his mind what he wanted and worked on it until he got it. He would hear things that others couldn't pick out-and redid songs over and over and over until he had what he wanted just right. He was not bossy or ever raised his voice about things, he merely told people what he'd like and showed them if he could and encouraged them to try this or that and it worked. That when they were recording one of the songs the bass player couldn't get what Elvis wanted exactly-so he in frustration took a break outside the studio and Elvis picked up the bass and layed down the tracks himself. So what we hear in the one song in that film where there is a heavy bass line...at the end especially-that's Elvis playing.
Felton Jarvis also said that Elvis was great at choosing what he wanted and how he wanted it-that he didn't have to work at producing Elvis as he knew what he wanted after listening to the demo's a time or two-often only once. Sometimes Elvis called or saw the writers so that he could talk to them about their thoughts and feelings in writing the lyrics. He was looking for the heart of the song, said Elvis...he wanted to get into the heart and soul of the composition and bring it to life as much as he could. He was a master at it too. I always think of him saying, "I'm an emotional kinda guy-I need to feel".wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:37 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

I find it so admirable, that acuteness in Elvis' feeling of music... Must certainly his soul was very much related to Music in a cosmic-spiritual sense, as he sugested when talking about the connection he had since childhood to Light Beings that taught him about Music.

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject: Song
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:45 am 
Sun Dial

Quote:
So what we hear in the one song in that film where there is a heavy bass line...at the end especially-that's Elvis playing

Would this be "(You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care" from Jailhouse Rock?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:50 am 
Site Admin

Yes, that's the one. wjh

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]