It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Candy Kisses
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

This is an excerpt from a letter that Wanda received in 1979 from a woman who knew Elvis in 1963-64 when she was helping his father with the fan mail.

When I first met him I was 18 but I told him I was 20; I was stunned by his good looks, of course! But after we spent a day working together he took me and some other friends of his to the fairgrounds late that evening. He put his arm around me and said you’re my girl tonight okay? Of course I said sure! We had corn dogs on a stick; he began being playful and laughing. Everyone who worked there seemed to know him and he said he came there a lot to have fun and relax. We went up on the Ferris Wheel and had cotton candy, Elvis was being funny and his cotton candy got stuck in my hair and on my face; I didn’t notice that he told the young man running the ride to stop us at the top, but he had. While there, Elvis tried getting the cotton candy out of my hair then he started nibbling it off my face and licking my cheek. We were laughing and carrying on so, it’s a wonder they didn’t take us to the “silly farm” as he kept saying. We ended up doing some kissing and we had never had Cotton Candy kisses. Our faces would stick together and we laughed so much. On the way down he was singing a song about that but now I don’t remember the words! I think it was “Candy Kisses” only he was changing the words around.

We went on the bumper cars and he tried his best to pen me but I kept getting away. We all left and he took me to Graceland instead of home. We went upstairs and he flopped down on his bed. I was nervous, but he patted the bed and said come on, I’m not going to bite you-much. He grinned that grin that tears up my heart and I sat down. He pulled me on to his chest and I said what are you doing? He said, holding you sugar, it’s just me. I said I’m 18; he smiled and said I know. You’re real pretty he said, don’t worry, I’m too tired anyway. And I said for what, trying to be real cool like I thought he’d expect. He laughed and said, I like you because you’re quiet and smile a lot. Come here, relax. He pulled me over with my head on his shoulder and said, just let me hold you, okay? We laughed and giggled like kids, he kissed my cheek and then licked it saying, I still tasted like cotton candy. It was after 4 in the morning when I had to go home and he said I’ll take you home “Candy” which became my name while I was working over Christmas. I went to the show with him and some of his friends and I was upstairs with him another time. He was very sweet, and told me to “keep myself” for the man I’d fall in love with-then he said, I’m sorry it’s not me-but there will be a guy for you, don’t rush into it. Marriage is forever-remember that Candy. I did, my husband and I have a little boy-his name is William Elvis Prescott; he’s 10 and loves Elvis’ music. He was born on Elvis’ birthday in 1969.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:49 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Is this girl sure about the date.

How could he bring in a girl and stay in his room with her while Priscilla alreaddy lived at Graceland at the time. :?

ELVIS - Did you ever know you were my hero

Post subject: Priscilla
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:51 am 
Site Admin

Priscilla wasn't living at Graceland full time-she came over and visited for a week or so first, she came a second time and threw a fit about having to go back and then she wanted to finish her school in the US and she came to live there at 17, I think Elvis said. She was supposed to be living with his father and his wife-and did at first-but she soon moved into Graceland as planned anyway. I have no clue as to the date she was a permenent resident at Graceland-there have been many dates mentioned... Elvis wasn't "committed to Pris"- as he wanted her to grow up etc: and wasn't sure she'd end up wanting to be with him "forever". He was jealous of her, but he expected her to understand when
he had other girls at Graceland-even when she was there- later when her folks came back to the states, she'd go visit her parents in California-and he didn't like being alone for long-they were "friends" and he was waiting for her to "grow up" and so who knows. I just put up what these girls/women write to me...wasn't there, don't know the dates or circumstances...but it sounds like something he would do with that girl at the amusement park-and acted as she said-he brought her back but nothing "happened" and he took her home. He never lied about playing the field and said so...with a grin on his face. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks so much dear Sue for bringing this back around again as I am one of the ones who missed it the first time 'round. :oops: :roll: My thanks to you also Maia for sharing this with us too. :D Such a SWEET letter to read. :wink: :P :D Maia I LOVE your new avatar by the way!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:13 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

What a "sweet" story! :D I enjoyed reading it.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]