It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lola
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

Dear Wanda June,

I read your book last weekend and loved it. I met Elvis in 1965 and spent some time with him off and on, in Palm Springs, Los Angeles and Memphis. He was a sweetheart and I love him dearly, then as well as now. I met him roller skating in Memphis-he was a dare devil on wheels! He knocked me down, fell over me and bruised the hell out of my leg but he was so sorry. He carried me to the seats, sat me down and then took off my skate and pushed up my pants leg to see if it was broken. I had a bad bruise on my knee and he kissed it several times and massaged my leg muscles that were bruised also. He asked me to come home with him, he had something that would take the soreness out and help the bruise fade quickly-something he used in Karate. So I went. He carried me out to his car and drove me himself after telling his friends he was going home. They were upset but he left them to fend for themselves.

He carried me upstairs and put me on his bed saying to take my pants off and he’d be right back with the medicine. I did and covered up with his bedspread. He came back with a pan of hot water, a bottle of liquid that smelled terrible and a washcloth that he soaked in the hot water, wrung out then poured the liquid stink on it and began gently rubbing it over my knee and lower leg. As he did this he talked and talked and talked about how he hadn’t meant to knock me down and yet, he was very glad I was with him, because he said, "I like you-you didn’t cry all over me like other girls would have". I told him I had brothers and he grinned and said, "they aren’t going to come beat the crap out of me are they?" We laughed and then he got a towel and wrapped it tightly around my leg, then used an elastic wrap to hold it and said I had to lie quietly for a little while, took the pan away and came back with his robe and told me to put it on. I did and he sat on the bed beside me and asked me what I did out there in the world. I told him I was a student and thinking of becoming an engineer. We spoke of that a little and I said, so what do you do. He looked at me a moment then grinned and said, "I seduce little girls like you by knocking them down so I can make it all better with a kiss or two". And he leaned over and kissed me, then he lay beside me and kissed me again. I had to laugh when he asked, "is it working?"

I stayed with him that night and for 3 weeks had the time of my life. He took me to Palm Springs, and then Los Angeles and we had a great time. His so called male friends and companions were nothing compared to him. I read the book they put out about him and couldn’t believe my eyes! They said he didn’t bathe, that he smelled bad and was taking drugs all of the time. He was the cleanest man I’ve even known. He brushed his teeth after every meal! Even snacks! He took at least one shower a day and usually two or three and he liked to soak in the tub. I know, I was with him in the showers and washed his back and hair for him! He liked to have clean sheets-his bed was changed every other day and he was clean with his clothing also. He smelled wonderful while his men friends smelled like hooker bait.

As for taking drugs, etc: Elvis used sleeping pills because he had trouble sleeping and he said he walked in his sleep and had since being a child. It ran in his family, his dad did it and so did his grandfather. He sometimes took stimulants to wake up when he had to go to work at the studio. I waited for him to come home, I tried to make sure everything was nice for him and he appreciated my efforts to please him. He spent all his time at home with me; that didn’t set well with his friends. He told them to get lost a couple of times and we had the house to ourselves. I made dinner for him a few times and we ate outside overlooking Bel Air. He helped me carry the dishes in and then we watched television until he was getting sleepy. We made love often, but not like you might think. Elvis was a good lover, kissing and cuddling and just being close. Sometimes he didn’t do anything else and it was enough, he was that special. He liked to talk, to read to me and he had a great sense of humor. He loved poetry and knew lots of sweet, love poems that he whispered in my ear. Talk about romantic-he was that! The day we went back to Memphis he brought home a dozen white roses and one red one and put them in my arms saying, "honey, we’re going back to Memphis. God, I hate to take you home but I have to because it’s time for you to get back in school. " And it was-he remembered but I didn’t. That was the last time we made love-and he was so tender, so gentle and kept asking me not to cry but I couldn’t help it-I was going to have to leave him and it broke my heart. He said " I’ll never forget you darling, promise. "

I’ll never forget Elvis. I love him today as much if not more than then and I have such wonderful memories of him. I never heard from him again and I didn’t call him though he gave me his home phone numbers. When I graduated he sent me a beautiful card and a cashiers check for $1000 to help me get started in my career. I was astounded but not surprised because he promised to remember and he did.

My mother and I went to Las Vegas to see him in 1969 and I was totally in awe when he walked out onto that stage. It was the most electrifying feeling to be sitting there looking at the man I had spent so much time with-he was nothing like I remembered and yet he was exactly as I remembered only more handsome and more of everything a man could be. I tried to find a way to see him but alas could only send a note to him through one of the waitresses who said she had met him and could get it to him when he came out for rehearsals. To my surprise he called me and we talked for a short time; he was married, had a daughter and was happy but he asked, "How’s your knee?" And I said, "the smell finally wore off but I’ll never forget the time spent with you." He kind of laughed and said, "Me neither baby, I thought I had broken your leg!" We talked a few minutes and he had to go to bed. I told him I wished I could go to bed with him and he laughed and said, "Those days are over-my wife won’t let me do that any more!" And I said, "good for her"! He laughed and said, "She’s a lot like you, honey."

And then he said bye-bye thanks for coming to my show. "Come back again, and let me know you’re here."

I didn’t ever get back to Vegas instead I went to England and worked for several years and Elvis died. My heart broke and I still think of him and I’ve dreamed of him.

I wish I had come back, his wife left him and maybe there would have been a chance for me again, just to comfort him and let him know he was wonderful even if she didn’t think so. It just wasn’t to be. But I have memories as fresh as yesterday and I hope I will always be able to remember him.

Thank you for writing such beautiful things about him. I hope you can sell enough to cover the dirt that’s being kicked over his memory.

Lola

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:03 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Thanks Maia..sweet memories about a sweet spirit.. :D wonder how could she avoid meeting Priscilla since it's 1965..lucky girl.. :wink:

Post subject: memories
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:48 pm 
Site Admin

I just imagine that was a time when Priscilla was visiting her parents who expected her when she was out for school break-they moved to San Francisco-her stepfather was in the Air Force I think, and were staying in a swanky place for officer housing not far from the Golden Gate Bridge.
Most likely Elvis was taking advantage of his "freedom" and knew exactly when she'd be back in Memphis-etc;
he was always planning ahead and had at least two plans of "escape" whatever it was-especially with the girls back then. What gets me the most, is in these letters about him, he never changed...yet it would appear that that very fact was what broke up their marriage-he didn't change-she did- I'm sure he "trained" her from day one how he wanted her to be and what he expected and so she knew him-very well. I guess maybe she wanted a "tiger" not "teddybear". wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:31 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Wish she had visited her parents more often and longer :P ..Ok! I'm bad.. :oops: :wink: .. well at least Lola seems to understood inner Elvis better than Priscilla in such a short time..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:16 am 
Jewel in the Lotus

Sweet Aloha Lola / Maia :D :D

I went behind the computer and wanted to know if Elvis had something with a woman named LOLA in his live... Because others and also my friends call me LOLA, my little nickname.. and CLEO is the other one :wink: ....so I searched on the name: lola and this touching story came up... :D

I really loved reading the happenings of Lola... I don´t know why, but it gives me a very good feeling.... Maia :P and THANK YOU for posting !!!! :wink: :D and now I´m gonna try to search on cleo.... :lol: :lol:

LOVE to you BOTH :wink:

My Never Ending LOVE for ALL of YOU
Ka´rala

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebluebutterfly4u

"DREAMS COME TRUE in BLUE HAWAII"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:48 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

Glad to re-read that tender story, Sue Lenora! Thank you! :P

Elvis said: "LOVE is what it's all about." :*::*: Now I know it's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:38 am 
Site Admin

I too was so very glad to re-read this precious and loving story again. :D I don't know why but I was thinking about this very story the other day and wondering where on ELC it was and lo and behold you bring it back again my dear friend. :wink: :o :D Methinks that "someone" might have whispered a gentle hint in your ear sweet Sue. :wink: :P :D Thanks so much for bringing it back again dear one! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:38 pm 
Thank you, Maia, for posting this. Thank you, Sue, for reviving it! :D
I'm trying to catch up here and just reading the most recent posts.

Elvis' graciousness and loyalty, even to the women of these shorter romances, never ceases to amaze me. On the one hand I can't believe he remembered her graduation years later. On the other hand....wasn't that just typical of him? Because he REALLY, TRULY CARED. When I think of all the people who were counting on him to remember them, and how many he actually did remember, keep track of, and financially support, I am almost moved to tears. It seems he really did sacrifice so much of himself for others.

Thank you again.
Love,
Trish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:54 pm 
Jewel in the Lotus

What a touching letter to read. I think I missed this the first time it was posted so am glad it was brought back up again.

Elvis seemed to have such a soul penetrating effect on a lot of women. Even if he only saw them for a few weeks, he stayed firmly planted in their hearts forever. What a special guy. . .

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]