Post subject: Sonny West's new EIN interview
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:01 am 
Site Admin

here is the link to the interview:

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/interview_s ... part2.html

I just wanted to know your thoughts about these parts espically:

Quote:
EIN: Sonny, how would you sum up the following people in a few words:

Minnie Mae Presley: Some one I dearly loved and spent a lot of time with, just talking about her life and times. Her least favorite topic which I would kid her about sometimes was her ex-husband. I met him once on tour when we played Louisville and when I told her that, she really lit in to him. He was quite the ladies man, and that had been the problem between them. She was very wise about life and it was great to talk to her, on just about any subject. Her favorite subject was talking about how fine a young boy Elvis was when he was growing up and how proud of him she was of the young man he had grown up to be. They were very close.

Priscilla Presley: Someone that seems to be determined to keeping the name Presley as a last name. Elvis told us there was a clause in the divorce decree that the lawyers had put in, stating she was not to use the name Presley for a career. And she didn’t until after his death, and then she took the name back and began a career in acting. Many TV hosts and columnists refer to her as Elvis’ widow instead of ex-wife when they speak of her.

Lisa Marie Presley: I am sure, she won’t like hearing this if someone tells her about this, but I feel her dad would be sad about some of the decisions she has made in her life and extremely angry at others. She has berated some of us as having taken his dignity away and hurting his memory, but obviously does not take responsibility for some of her own actions. (I am not talking of her four marriages). She was 9 years old when Elvis died. She did not know his thoughts as an adult on the subjects I am speaking of in her life, or maybe she wouldn’t have done them.

I do know that she wouldn’t have done any of them if her dad was alive. I don’t like the idea of speaking of her in a negative way, but it is very difficult knowing what she has said about me in all forms of the media, TV, radio and print and not say anything. There are so many things that I could point out about certain things she says, but I refrain for obvious reasons. She is Elvis’ daughter, and out of respect to his memory, I remain silent.

Marty Lacker: Marty is one of those people that is honest and very capable of getting things done, and did so for many years for Elvis. He was foreman when Joe was gone and shared those duties with Joe when he came back until Marty left to spend more time with his family. He was Co-Best Man at Elvis wedding. A crusty guy that will tell you like it is, sometimes to a fault. But you accept him and love him, or you don’t. I love him.

Joe Esposito: When I fist met Joe in 1960 I liked him and we became roommates at Graceland, sharing the opposite front bedroom next to Elvis’. Actually, I liked him for all the years we worked together with Elvis. Not long after he arrived in Memphis, we all went to Ellis Auditorium to see the show, Holiday On Ice and I kind of hung close to Joe, telling him this was where a lot of rock and roll shows played, and who some of the acts were.

Over the years there were spats and disagreements between some of the guys, including me, but I am speaking of the ones that I wasn’t involved in. I had my opinion of who was wrong or right when and why they happened, but for the most part they didn’t really affect me, so I stayed out of them. What formed a division between Joe and me was what he said after I was fired in 1976 and the new statements he is making now.

Joe needs to slow down and see where he is coming from and where he is going with this revisionist history before he continues and gets into some serious issues with most of the rest of the guys. We resolved our issues in the old days without going public with them. I think we need to do that now and in the future, but then again, a lot of exchanges have taken place over the many years, so it probably won’t happen. I am also guilty of doing this in retaliation to what is being said about me by others.

And this Part:
Quote:
EIN - If Elvis had lived he would be 72 years old. What are your thoughts about the fans who cannot believe that he died in August 1977 and still think he is alive?

SW You know, there are some fans out there that really do think that Elvis is alive, literally. I meet up with some from time to time, and I just say a few things to them that makes most of them think a little more about what they believe. I ask them, if Elvis really was alive and in hiding, do you really think he would have remained so and allow Lisa Marie to marry Michael Jackson?

I ask that not as a racist question, but as a matter of fact that Elvis would not have allowed, or at least been very persuasive, to stop that wedding. He would not have allowed her to date someone in the entertainment field, especially an “pop idol” like he was. Nor would he have let her marry Nicholas Cage, again for the same reason as Michael. No one in the entertainment business, as an actor, singer, etc., would have been granted the privilege of dating Lisa, much less marry her. Elvis could relate too much to them.

I know a lot of people will say that Elvis would have been in the same position as other parents were when it came time for their children to do what they told them. Let me tell you something. You don’t know Elvis and his strengths if you think his daughter would have done what she wanted regardless of what her father thought. No way. Period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

I have no comments to make regarding Sonny's "views", "memories" or ""suppositions" regarding what he thinks, feels or possibly experienced while living with, enjoying the life and/or how he conducted himself during those times. Elvis didn't mention him much other than to say he didn't know where he was half the time-and that he was "loaded" the last time and he didn't like seeing that especially when they were on the "job". They needed to be sharp and able to keep an eye on the crowds etc: and he didn't feel that was being done when some of them came on "tanked up" to the gills. I don't have any thing else to say about it-just that Elvis wasn't pleased or happy with what a few of them were doing in public and on the job, and after hours. Sonny was one of the three who did the book that helped put Elvis down when he was already nearly on his knees with health problems, emotional problems and still trying to keep the ball rolling to pay the salaries of all those depending on him. They say they did it to make him wake up-to me that sounds like an excuse to cover their actions which were mostly angry frustrations at losing a cushy job- Elvis said it hurts the most when you're doin' bad and then getting caught just makes it hurt that much more- they got cought an' daddy had to let 'em go, onaccount of the lawyers said if they were still workin' for us, it'd look bad in court, like we approved of what they did. And that's how it happened. The lawyers told daddy and he made the decision to fire 'em. An I stood by him on that for that reason." He said he wanted to hire them back and that they were to get enough money to live on until he could get them back on-Red West was the only whose name he mentioned and said he'd spoken to and that he loved him, he was family and he wished they could talk about the old days, like before but he guessed it couldn't be. He was very sad about Red, thought of him as his brother and family, that hurt Elvis the most. wjh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

I just dislike Sonny very much :evil: although Red also wrote that book he learnt from that mistake and is now very private about it..i like him..a little :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:27 am 
Site Admin

I just dont get why so many of these "friends" hate Lisa so much i mean she was a mere child when they were around her?? Did they expect her to keep them as a part of her extended family after she saw them high and with women oh their laps when they had wives waiting on them at home??!! I just dont understand..

Seriously, with friends like these who needs enemies??!! :twisted:

And is it true Pris couldnt keep the name but she did anyway :?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]